#61 Cliff Lane

Cliff Lane

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:47 AM

At my part, I think Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is a great game. But, like what other people here at our country said, the game actually wasted bytes on memory.

But, IMO, it didn't wasted spaces... except for the beaches and some lots near Viceport.

But I still say LCS was better than VCS (much superior... except for graphics).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Good spot to pop my question...

Is it worth buying a cheap PS2 for playing GTA LCS and VCS? And I know IV has already been released but I don't care, I wont be buying a expensive ass console just for one game, and rather wait for IV to be ported to PC (which it will hopefully be).

Me, too... I would rather wait for a PC port rather than pointlessly burning dough on an expensive machine with only 256MB RAM, I think...

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#63 FnB

FnB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:03 PM

Meh, I already completed it on a PS3.
And VCS is awesome, it's so much better than the original VC.

#64 ♥-Lauren-♥

♥-Lauren-♥

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •    England 

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

who thinks gta vcs sucks

Here's a tip, don't say this in a Vice City Stories forum >.>

#65 rumblecat

rumblecat

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:58 PM

I don't think the game 'sucks' but it's definitely my least favourite of the 3D GTA games. Probably due to the fact that Vic Vance moans and complains so much that it's no fun being him, and the story line is the weakest of any of the games. The missions in the first half of the game weren't that great either, although it does pick up once you cross the bridge. And shooting zombies in the mall... great fun.

#66 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

this game was pretty good. its not my favourite, thats between vice city and san andreas, but its up there. i liked the empire thing that was ok, but it was annoying when they got attacked, just like the gang territory in san andreas i suppose :) . it was actually pretty easy, like vice city.

i would rate them like this

tied 1st: vice city, san andreas
2nd vice city stories
3rd liberty city stories
4th gta3

#67 rumblecat

rumblecat

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, the Empire Building was a bit of a pain- if I hadn't discovered that trick that made the attacks stop I think I would have thrown the PSP across the room... :bashhead:

Made up for it with Phil Collins though.

#68 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

trick that made attacks stop?! lol tell me!

unless its just to re-load your game.

#69 FnB

FnB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

Yeah that's the only way I know of. Just save the game in the nearest save points and your good to explore without any random attacks. You may have to survive one before your home free.

#70 rumblecat

rumblecat

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

That was the one. It worked though, which was just as well. I don't remember being so pissed off at the gang attacks in SA though, maybe it's because VCS was a portable game and if you're quite happily mucking around, trying to cut people in half with a helicopter, the last thing you want is to drop everything and have to go and fight some mini battle.

#71 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:58 AM

ahah lolz.

i think the fights in vcs (for empire building/takeover) were not as easy than they were in san andreas on pc to take territory...even with auto-aim :P

#72 Unkn0wn

Unkn0wn

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

Your Dam Right Their :D
Posted Image

#73 SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty

Only some of us have style...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:30 AM

I enjoyed VCS more than LCS. I love the empire building.

Anyway both VCS, and LCS were pretty impressive considering they were designed for the PSP.
Posted Image

#74 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

I will say one thing that that was a bit off putting to me(and this is just my opinion), was that Vic Vance, though a physically tough guy. Emotionally he kind of strikes me as a bit of a vagina. His whole heart to heart talk with louise in the beginning though it fit with the story, kind of gay. And I just really dont care for the "I'm a criminal cause I have to be not cause I want to be." GTA Protagonists need to be full blown criminals who want it all. Like Tommy Vercetti. Again, just my opinion I still love the game. I in no way think that it sucks

#75 FnB

FnB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,143 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:26 AM

Vic is awesome, one of the main reasons I love VCS so much is because of him. Him and CJ take the cake for me, I like their emotion and how they care about others. I hate Tommy because of his annoying attitude.

#76 Cliff Lane

Cliff Lane

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:28 AM

Vic is awesome, one of the main reasons I love VCS so much is because of him. Him and CJ take the cake for me, I like their emotion and how they care about others. I hate Tommy because of his annoying attitude.

Yeah. Victor Vance is quite kind-hearted in this game. His attitude is so cool in VCS. Him being in love with Louise is a good addition to the story.... unlike Vercetti's attitude in VC.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:48 AM

Yeah :P Tommy was pretty annoying, they shoulda let him talk...

IMO, VCS dont SUCK its pretty good for a game that took about a year to make WHILE they were makign 2 others. I tihnk its pretty impressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users