Holden VS Ford

Dmac

People who live in Australia will understand this, People who live outside of Australia might think this topic is useless. Everyone or most people in Australia either likes Holden or Ford. Basically, I would like to hear what your guys favorite is out of these 2.

Also, For people in other Countries, I guess that Chev can fall under the Holden category.

My fav is Holden.

Chevys (American counterpart to Holden) are ok, but Ford built the Cleveland V8. Australian Cleveland blocks are the top

of the game for serious racers & the heads are the best pushrod heads ever designed.

Ford has circulated service bulletins discouraging major work to the 4-bbl head except for all out race only engines.

• 1 month later...

Americans would understand this, with the Ford vs Chev rivalry, but it doesn't seem as blood thristy as Holden vs Ford.

I drive a 1986 VL Commodore (RB30E, 5 Speed)

I'm actually a huge fan of XWs/XYs and XA/B/C coupes.

So I don't know. Deep down I have been Holden for years, but there's Fords that demand respect.

Edited by Johnny Fidalgo

To bad we don't see more of the Aussie models here in the states.

Max's V8 interceptor was a '73 Falcon (XB?), & I recognizes his Vega wagon (from their vacation), what were the other cop

cars (blue, red & yellow MFP cars)?

In VC I replaced the Vice Cheetah w/ the V8 interceptor & the FBI Washington w/ the MFP cruiser, they're sweet.

HOLDEN FTW!

Hooper - Lowndes started in Holden, and he wanted to go back this year but he didn't cause they didn't like it.

Holden is bring us the Hummer to Australia and hopefully going to change the laws to get the H1 here. Also it has always been known that the Holden is the most stolen car in Australia, not to the fact that they have worse systems then the Ford, is that they have better engines and are better to be in a high speed chase in then the ford.

BONZIA!!! Suzuki Escudo FTW!

http://media.diariomotor.com/imagenes/suzu...udo-salvaje.jpg

If the 1.6 in my 96 Tracker (AKA Suzuki Grand Vitara) 4-door ever goes, I'll probably replace it w/ a Ford 3.8 V6. 200 HP

should be just right for Loki (my Tracker, named for the god of mischief). I've heard of kits to drop in a GM 4.3 V6 but the

later ('98 & up) 3.8 has a much better factory intake. I thought about a V8 but I don't want to twist the frame.

Holden i guess..not a fan of either of them.

You're not a ricerboy are you? Around the Holden and Ford parts, we give out some much needed bitch slapping. :P

Actually nothing wrong with Japanese cars.

Hey, i love rice. In fact, I am a ricerboy. Street racing is more of my thing.

I'd have to say Ford. My brother has a Pontiac GTO which is a Holden Monaro with Pontiac slapped on it. Love the thing (even though it is falling apart from the abuse), but I'm a sucker for American cars. ;)

The GTO also has a 'Vette 350 under the hood.

Not sure what to make of them, I tangled w/ one last fall & my V6 'Stang kept up w/ him up to about 45MPH or so. That's

when he finally passed me & I saw the GTO logo on the trunk. NOT impressed, a cold air kit, decent exhaust & reprogram

of the computer & I think I could've taken him.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

5.7 is the metric designation for the 350 Chevy, they fudged it slightly because Ford already had the 5.8 (351 W).

1 liter = (apprx) 60 cubic inch displacement.

Here's a link (see entry 15) -

http://www.jimsperformance.com/blocks.html

Grew up w/ 'em so I know this one.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Hummer H1s in Australia? That's easy, just tell everyone your hiding Bin Lauden, you'll see plenty of them! :P

I know, that was wrong....my bad.

Seriously though, do you know why the H1 is not allowed? I've heard Australian law only permits right hand drive cars on their

public roads.

Sorry for the late reply...

Its cause of the axis, the car is to wide for the road so they had to change it and make the H3, which sorta sucks, cause bigness is one of the reasons I love the hummer.

I'd have to say Ford. My brother has a Pontiac GTO which is a Holden Monaro with Pontiac slapped on it. Love the thing (even though it is falling apart from the abuse), but I'm a sucker for American cars. ;)

The GTO also has a 'Vette 350 under the hood.

Not sure what to make of them, I tangled w/ one last fall & my V6 'Stang kept up w/ him up to about 45MPH or so. That's

when he finally passed me & I saw the GTO logo on the trunk. NOT impressed, a cold air kit, decent exhaust & reprogram

of the computer & I think I could've taken him.

Come on now, he couldn't have been trying.

2005 & 2006 GTO's have the LS2, 364.