Retailers Told March 2008

Chris

Take-Two have apparently been telling retailers the new release date for GTA IV is "March 2008" - nothing more specific than that. The traditional Tuesday (in the US) release dates in March will fall on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, which one it will be we have no idea.

Several retailers have been putting March 4th, others are putting dates as late as June. Take-Two have themselves said in the press release "Q2-2008" of their fiscal year, meaning any time between February and April.

Other GTA sites are claiming March 4th is the "confirmed" date, though of course, no sources are cited. However, retailers are never a reliable source (EBGames anyone?), until we hear directly from Rockstar or Take-Two we cannot really confirm any particular day. So for now, March 2008 is a safe estimate for the release month.

Take-Two have apparently been telling retailers the new release date for GTA IV is "March 2008" - nothing more specific than that. The traditional Tuesday (in the US) release dates in March will fall on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, which one it will be we have no idea.

Several retailers have been putting March 4th, others are putting dates as late as June. Take-Two have themselves said in the press release "Q2-2008" of their fiscal year, meaning any time between February and April.

Other GTA sites are claiming March 4th is the "confirmed" date, though of course, no sources are cited. However, retailers are never a reliable source (EBGames anyone?), until we hear directly from Rockstar or Take-Two we cannot really confirm any particular day. So for now, March 2008 is a safe estimate for the release month.

man, march its so farrrr. darn.

Meh, still mad about the whole delay. Can't believe it would take this long :(.

Ever coded an entire game and found bugs that you can't find in your 5000000 lines of code? Sadly thats what it's like. However from what I hear the problem is space, not bugs.

In reply to a post just deleted by someone:

Microsoft and the Xbox 360 is not to blame for the delay, you effin' moron. It's been delayed to make sure the game is as good as it can possibly be. The fewer bugs, the better.

Seriously, just shove that fanboy bullshit up your ass. You have no proof the Xbox 360 is behind the delay.

The rumor is space is the problem, if that IS the truth then it's simple, which has the most space? Xbox 360 or PS3?

Eh, I find the delay good news. I'll actually have the money to buy the game if the release date is in March.

Agree with you there but still man, I've been gone for like 10 days (on a trip) and come back to find out GTA IV is being delayed for a pretty damn long time. Not good news :( Oh well, I can wait. Save up some money like WnN2

Someone mentioned large chunk of code to debug. SA was about 550,000 lines just in the MAIN.SCR & I expect GTA4 to

be even bigger. I've just started scratching the surface on SA script editing.

Some of of you may have seen my ranting about Scarface/Sierra/VU Games over quality issues, so I'll spare you the details

here. Having said that, I would rather R* delayed the game & got it right than rush to market w/ a buggy piece of shoddy

software.

R* set a high standard & has a rep to protect.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw