GTA IV vs. Saints Row 2

Alert: To Saints Row fans, did you know that Saints Row 2 is coming out!! For those who dont know what Saints Row is, it is a GTA-based game that has some tooken-out features and some added-on features!!

Grand Theft Auto IV - Rockstar North - October 2007

Saints Row 2 - Volition Inc. - TBA 2008

Of coarse not much know about Saints Row 2 coming out so that means GTA IV has a bigger chance of surviving the war!!

i already heard about this like a month ago <_< , no big deal dude

nah, i think saints row 2 will probably use the old free-roam shoot around and receive missions the old way, unlike GTA IV, it's impossible comparing those two, GTA clone like saints row 2 might lose some fans if they still use the old concept, especially if they release it after GTA IV has came out.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the last issue of Official X-Bow Magazine (Sept. '07)had a short bit saying SR put off a Play Station version so they

could work on SR 2, no details.

Overall I liked SR but saw a lot of room for improvement. I'd like a good sequel, just hope there's more to do when you

complete the main missions (if you played, you know what I mean).

I think this is the first I've seen in here about a new SR, so good looking out for that part.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Saint's Row is a bit of a rip-off of GTA, but had a few good ideas. Their approach to clustering (the same car showing up

around you) was good & had excellent character customization. Not worth the original $60 price, but for $20-30 it would be

good. If you get an X-360 it would be a decent game to have if you're into GTA. The biggest downside is the multi-player

games, a lot of little kids w/ lousy attitudes & waiting for some of the games.

I never really and fully saw the appeal of saint's row, really.

Sems to me like they just rushed in the stuuf that they thought GTA lacked, with nextgen visuals.I'm ni no place to comment on the storyline (is there one?) But the gameplay seemd alot like i'd played it before.... Wait, that's GTA. There we go.

Plus, it annoys me that JT would have been straight on Take2's asses if they had decided that people should be able to take drugs in GTA. That makes me sick. :sick:

My two cents.

Edit, but not really an edit. - Beaten by crackdown.

Actual edit ^^^ IMO

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

The biggest downside is the multi-player

games, a lot of little kids w/ lousy attitudes & waiting for some of the games.

I think that multiplayer is the best part of that game.. Its love making fun of the little 10 year old kids who shouldn't even own the game..

Have you ever played against EWood6 online? He's 10 years old. And anoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is this in the GTA IV section O.o? Yeah...I'm gonna say GTA IV is gonna be better. Looking forwar to he next Saint's Row though since the last one was a ripoff with eye candy.

Same reason TVG was banned. It needed to be done. :lol:

Not worth the original $60 price, but for $20-30 it would be good.

Speak for yourself. :P I bought it twice at the original price (I broke my first copy.) and it was well worth it.

Have you ever played against EWood6 online? He's 10 years old. And anoying.

Don't recognize. If you ever do a team match w/ "Heavenly Dominic", quit. Last time I played w/ him he went rouge &

started killing his own team. Just a heads up.

Back to topic.

GTA set a high standard so it's all but a given GTAIV will totally own SR2, but it still should be good. Developers learn from

their mistakes, like Atari w/ the "Driver" series. "DRIV3R" was a huge disappointment but "Driver PL" was a good game.

I'll probably get SR2 off e-bay or the game store unless it's in a special edition w/ extras.

GTAIV will be pre-ordered as soon as my local gamestore can order the special edition.

I think the reason we know nothing about Saints Row 2 is because they are waiting for GTA IV to come so they can rip it off.

Saints Row was and is undeniably awesome, I can't get enough of the insurance fraud missions, at least they were original on the concept of having a series of somewhat odd missions you can do for money. The trouble with SR was they almost completely copied the gang system, I hate fighting for gang territory, it's so repetitive and pees me off to no end. I hope GTAIV gets rid of it and SR2 as well. I'll definetly be buying both, but I'm more looking forward to GTAIV, I mean GTA is the original ultimate game in my opinion.

The atmosphere and graphics were the best thing about SR, it reminded me of GTA3 (the atmosphere), but until we get SR2 details/screens I'm sticking with GTAIV as the winner.

Edited by Alistair