How do you unlock the whole of vice city?

HelpMePlz

Basically I would like to have access to the whole of Vice City mainly to use the helicopters - but for other reasons aswell. I know that you have to finish a mission to unlock it, but which one? and how many other missions do you have to do before you get to it?

thanks to anyone who bothers to reply! :thumbsup:

The obvious way to access the other side of Vice City is to do the missions. You might say not to say that in your topic description but you have to. What other way do you imagine you can unlock it?

Edit: To answer the other part of your question, the mission that unlocks the west island is called Phnom Penh '86. If you're looking to unlock it faster, don't to the Avery Carrington missions because they're not part of the storyline.

Edited by Rashon125

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On PS2:

After they quit making you do the start up thing go find a bus and drive it down to where you do the missions for Colonel Cortez. The gates to the docks are barred but you can pull the bus up next to them and break out the tree in the planter with it. Drive it forward until the front wheels are over the edgethen get out Go get the Cheeta that spawns there and push the bus into the water. If the Cheeta isn't there drive around the block to get it to come back - if you have to run down the the underground garage the bus disappears.

If you got it in straight you can jump down onto the bus then up onto the dock behind the bars. Now swipe a boat and get over to where you can beach it on the northern end of the other big island. Borrow a car and go buy the Skumole Shack for $1,000 and save the game.

Now you can go get the VCN chopper (flies like crap but it's a start) take it over to the Police Station and land on the side of the helipad and take the cop chopper. If you don't get the VCN chopper first the cop one won't be there. Now you're ready to scour the islands at will. If you die you start off on the other big island.

I've also done this using a large truck.