zModeler v1.7 help

Highwire

I wrote this tutorial for some time ago, hope it helps :)

Recommended Programs:

Zanoza Modeler 1.07

IMG tool

TXD Workshop

(They're all I use)

ok, lets get started, we wanna make a simple Gun for GTA:VC, first, you need ZModeler V1.07, it has to be registered.

Start it, if you want, you can get Blueprints, I use Suurland or The Blueprints, we're going to make a Glock.

They are 4 views I use, 3D, Right, Front and Top.

The 3D view, is where you can see your model in 3D

Right, Model In Right

Front, Model In Front

Top, model From Top

pretty easy, huh?

Tut.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot, to load a picture, click on the corner of thee view, in this case, the Right View, there is a little button at the corner, click on it, and you will get a list, select the last option "Background" and click "Load Image", then, select the image, and then open, then "OK"

this program is very, very easy to use, Lets use a Cube for the "Slider"

tut2.jpg

there's the Cube, now we must make it fit, select the Verticles mode by clicking this little button Verticles.jpg

and click on the cube, now some red dots should appear on the Corners, now click Modify ->Move, and Drag the dots to fit:

tut3.jpg

now, we're going to make the barrel, make a single tube

keep making shapes until you got all the picture in the background covered:

tut5.jpg

now, to texture it, you must use the UV mapper, as I told you, in the corner of the View thing, click on the little square, now, you should see the list, and somewhere there, it should say "UV Mapper", click on it, and a square should appear:

TutUV.jpg

(the left lower), now, search the internet to get the Texture, a simple side pic of the gun should be good, click on the material Editor materialedit.jpg

and a window should appear, where there is alotta stuff, and in the window there is a white ball, over it, it says "<Default material>":

materialedit2.jpg

and BESIDE it, it says "Copy" and "delete", click on Copy, on the <Default material> thing, there's a Downward arrow, click it, and you'll see list, click on the 2nd <Default material>, rename it to "glock" (in the bar that says "Name"), click on "Primary Texture", then on "Load map" and then another window should appear, press on "add", search for your Texture, the "OK", click on Select ->all, and then pres on "Faces Mode"faces.jpg, and click whit the right mouse button anywhere in the model, it should be red now (only the selected part!), and click anywhere whit the right mouse button in this list:

list.jpganother list should appear, click on Faces ->Properties, then a dialog box will appear, there's a part that says "<Default material>, and there is also a downwards arrow, click it and select Glock, then, click OK, now, click on Surface ->mapping ->Assign UV, press Space Bar, now, on the red part of the model (not 3D!), and in the UV Mapper it should appear a box + the texture:

tut6.jpg

now, press Space bar again, and click on Modify, and use everything there to play around whit this box in the UV mapper until it's textured, do this whit every single part.

Now, you should have a Beautiful Glock.

tutready.jpg

now, you cant use this in VC, it would not appear, so you have to connect Everything, by using the Square Selection Tools:multiselect.jpg

select the Object mode, its the Red Square, close to the verticles mode, drag, and everything will appear red, now click on Create ->Objects ->UniteSelect, and click anywhere on the model, a box will appear, there you rename the object, to a single object, the default is Union, lets rename it to Glock.

Ready!

There are LOTS of grammar mistakes there, but that time, I wasnt so good at english as I am now :P

NOTE: This tutorial was all made by me, I wrote it myself, and it was that how I earnt 3 Good Karma Stars in another forum

Edited by Silberio