Playstation Magazine USA Sends Out Preview Of GTA IV

rockstarrem

As we have reported earlier, many new previews will be on their way soon enough. A partially unexpected one has recently arrived from Playstation Magazine USA. The preview doesn't include many new details, but it has a few interesting tidbits worth knowing about.

• A green band around the HUD (Heads Up Display) indicates your health.
  • It has now been confirmed that Liberty City is not as big as San Andreas physically. It covers about 3/4 of the total area San Andreas did.
  • In the final part of the preview, Niko is killed by a police helicopter landing on his head. This could either be a glitch or some really intense gameplay.
  • The default camera view is no longer stuck above the vehicle, instead it drops down to the left, following the middle of the road.

More previews will be on the way soon enough, remember to stay tuned to TheGTAPlace for all of the latest updates.

Credit goes to GTA4.net for this update.

Edited by rockstarrem

Thanks for the info, I didin't knew we should expect a GTA 4 preview these days, tought the next one will be avaible August the 15th 2007 -_-

Good info :thumbsup:

Edit: I found some new info ( quotes ) ^_^

* Cops communicate with eachother, providing line-of-sight eyewitness accounts of the street you're on ...

* You may be able to disguise your ride at a car wash ( rather than with a paint job )

* If you take a bulletproof vest, another health ring will appear - not a quote

* With no random floating hearts, you'll regain help by eating and SLEEPING ( And possibly with courtesy of hookers too )

Sleeping YAY!

Edited by Gycu Brun

i gotta tell you guys, something's fishy about this, i mean, first there was a guy told us that the main character will not be Niko, he will be replaced by Roman when Niko died on the way(this is the same guy who told us that there's going to be a jetpack in SA, he was right). and then the demo showed that Niko will be dead by an oncoming helicopter, something isn't right about this, but it's just me, don't take me so seriously ^_^

other than that, this preview is also awesome! these are the times for me to sit back and enjoy the ride for another previews :lol:

i gotta tell you guys, something's fishy about this, i mean, first there was a guy told us that the main character will not be Niko, he will be replaced by Roman when Niko died on the way(this is the same guy who told us that there's going to be a jetpack in SA, he was right). and then the demo showed that Niko will be dead by an oncoming helicopter, something isn't right about this, but it's just me, don't take me so seriously ^_^

other than that, this preview is also awesome! these are the times for me to sit back and enjoy the ride for another previews :lol:

I really doubt Roman will become the first charachter although I do know where you're coming from but he only died as in 'wasted' I think.

I really doubt Roman will become the first charachter although I do know where you're coming from but he only died as in 'wasted' I think.

how could he be wasted :( ??? i mean it's one demo, and two previews already told us that Niko died at the end, i don't know, this is kind of a paranoid thing, but he could either end up coma in a hospital(a cutscene) or dead, how could two mags said Niko died if they played the same demo till the end if Niko was just wasted?

Edited by ArtSweet

I hope you can still get the other views from previous games like the cinematic angle and bumper cam, I don't like the sound of the new default cam view. :( It's also a shame it's not as big as SA, although that will definitely mean more detail. Did the health around the HUD feature in Saints Row?

• 1 month later...