The iPhone sucks

chris82

I got to use one at the Apple store and it was quite fun. I actually really liked it. I turned on some music and then went to a few websites, the internet worked perfectly. It was so fun pinching to zoom in and out.

Was really cool, no reason to hate on it man.

I think the price of the thing and monthly cost can speak for itself.

Sure, its expensive, but that doesn't mean its bad. When my brother bought his $400 iPod Video (when it was released, the 60GB was $400), I thought it was expensive, but it still kicked ass. Same goes for the iPhone, expensive but it's awesome.

iPhone is good,

Because Niko Bellic has one. Pwnt.

You don't know if that's an iPhone. There was a side view of something that resembles the side of the iPhone. It's not confirmed. Besides, even if a character in GTA has one, that doesn't make it good.

Sure, its expensive, but that doesn't mean its bad. When my brother bought his $400 iPod Video (when it was released, the 60GB was $400), I thought it was expensive, but it still kicked ass. Same goes for the iPhone, expensive but it's awesome.

Actually, it is bad. Maddox has a cheaper phone that not only does more, but is easier to type on. Same with the iPod. Sure it looks good, but the Creative Zen is cheaper and does a hell of a lot more.

You can play World of Warcraft on it with a few modifications. However, it's too clunky and not really worth it. So down with the iPhone.

You don't know if that's an iPhone. There was a side view of something that resembles the side of the iPhone. It's not confirmed. Besides, even if a character in GTA has one, that doesn't make it good.

Exactly. Tommy Vercetti had a brick-phone, and we all know those aren't good. Yeah, I know that those were the only cell phones in the 80's, but I could still break into a record store with that piece of junk.

iPhone is good,

Because Niko Bellic has one. Pwnt.

Actually, it is bad. Maddox has a cheaper phone that not only does more, but is easier to type on. Same with the iPod. Sure it looks good, but the Creative Zen is cheaper and does a hell of a lot more.

Dude, just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. I like it just fine, even though I'll never get one. I think a lot of people hate on the iPhone just because they can't afford it. :(

I think the price of the thing and monthly cost can speak for itself.

you really dont know much about it do you. testing it out for 5 minutes at the apple store doesnt tell you anything about it.

List of things it doesnt have

Songs as Ringtones

• Games

• Any flash support

• Instant Messaging

• Picture messages (MMS)

• Video recording

• Voice recognition or voice dialing

• Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)

• One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)

• Cut copy or paste

• No embedded video

• 300-400 charges and it will die. Send the phone in and buy a new one for a lower price.

• PDF editing.

Stuff we already knew it didnt have

• 3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)

• GPS

• A real keyboard

• Removable battery

• Expandable Storage

• Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

• Exchange or office support

if you lend the phone to a friend, all they need to do is go to a site and all of your private information will be sent to them instantly without any password or security.

and worst of all: its hard to use.

its just a fancy little gadget that has a 90s cell phone built in.

not a bad phone for two-three hundred dollars though. but thats not the cost.

EDIT: and genyus or whatever, its probably that 360 degree phone that is the only phone that appears advertised in anything weve seen about gta4.

Edited by tilly

The iPhone was so overhyped and incredibly overpriced. It's HUGE lack of features is enough to put me off straight away. I will definitely never get one of these. Don't get me wrong I do like a number of Apple products, but the iPhone is a giant failure in my eyes (yes I know it's sold well - due to Apple's marketing and Apple fan boys which just eat that shit up like a filthy fat whore)

You can't even record video? WTF, that's one of the most primitive features of any mobile phone today, and the iPhone doesn't even have it...

In fact just the whole list of what it doesn't have is astounding, it really is.

They can get away with this in the US though, mobile phone technology there still isn't up to scratch with that in Europe and Japan... but in Europe (especially UK and Germany) who the hell will buy such a feature-less phone?

My current mobile phone which I bought last year still has virtually all those features listed above (except flash support - honestly why is this needed?). And 3rd party apps can be installed to do other tasks.

Dude, just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad. I think a lot of people hate on the iPhone just because they can't afford it. :(

You're right, me not liking it doesn't make it bad. What makes it bad is that it's a piece of shit which costs too fucking much for what you get.

I hate the iPhone because retards will buy it based on the fact that it has a mildly cool interface. I don't want one.

Yeah but you guys have to look at the stuff it does have that other phones don't. Be a bit more positive, and yes I've known all about it lacking certain features.

The interface aside, what exactly does it have that other phones don't?

Well it's an iPod, and the iPod features are very cool in it. Cover flow works perfectly. Plus, it has a speaker, you can listen to your music through the speaker or through headphones, if you choose speaker its quite loud (which is good). Plus, it really looks nice in iPod mode. Especially when your looking at the song info, the album art is displayed, looks awesome. If your listening to some music, and you get a phone call, the music slowly fades away, and then you answer the call, when your done the music slowly fades back. Fuck yes.

It has the best internet browser I've ever seen on a mobile phone. Pinching to zoom is works brilliantly. You can flip the phone horizontally and see the sites in landscape mode. They look great! I looked at http://www.GNRForums.com, http://www.TheGTAPlace.com, and http://www.ChineseDemocracy.com on them. The sites look fantastic man!

Typing works perfectly two, its very easy and you get used to it fast. Much better than on those shitty SmartPhones were the buttons are so f'n small. It has visual voicemail, "rich" HTML email. The email bit is quite cool, it auto checks every so minutes for new email's, when it sees a new one you get a little message by the email icon at the bottom. Works with nearly all email services I think to!

Maps, you can type in "sea food" in your area (like in the commercial), and it'll show you a bunch of places. Then from there, you click on one, and it'll show you the telephone number, name, address, and website. You can from there click on the number to call them, or click the website to open it in Safari. (You can also email them if theres an email available.)

All of the app's work with each other two. Like in an email, if you see a phone number, you click it and it automatically calls that number. If you see a website, you click it and it takes you to that site in Safari. This is really cool!

Making phone calls is awesome. You can like just hit a button and you can make a conference call, you can put people on hold, and talk to others while people are on hold and etc. Its all really easy to do to. Plus its fun scrolling through your contacts and stuff, its really easy to find peeps.

Plus the fucker looks so sexy. It has the slider so you don't accidentally answer a call and turn it on etc. The interface is really cool as well, its just so cool. Its slightly big, but I'm used to holding an iPod in my pocket so it wouldn't be that much bigger if I ever got one. Its really thin and light two. Theres a bunch of shit I'm forgetting about it that makes it even better, but ehh.

Its really cool, why hate it? Just because its expensive? Thats not a reason to hate it. If you don't want one, that doesn't mean you should say it sucks and stuff. The iPhone doesn't suck, just look at the way the fucker is selling.

Well it's an iPod, and the iPod features are very cool in it. Cover flow works perfectly. Plus, it has a speaker, you can listen to your music through the speaker or through headphones, if you choose speaker its quite loud (which is good). Plus, it really looks nice in iPod mode. Especially when your looking at the song info, the album art is displayed, looks awesome. If your listening to some music, and you get a phone call, the music slowly fades away, and then you answer the call, when your done the music slowly fades back. Fuck yes.

It has the best internet browser I've ever seen on a mobile phone. Pinching to zoom is works brilliantly. You can flip the phone horizontally and see the sites in landscape mode. They look great! I looked at http://www.GNRForums.com, http://www.TheGTAPlace.com, and http://www.ChineseDemocracy.com on them. The sites look fantastic man!

Typing works perfectly two, its very easy and you get used to it fast. Much better than on those shitty SmartPhones were the buttons are so f'n small. It has visual voicemail, "rich" HTML email. The email bit is quite cool, it auto checks every so minutes for new email's, when it sees a new one you get a little message by the email icon at the bottom. Works with nearly all email services I think to!

Maps, you can type in "sea food" in your area (like in the commercial), and it'll show you a bunch of places. Then from there, you click on one, and it'll show you the telephone number, name, address, and website. You can from there click on the number to call them, or click the website to open it in Safari. (You can also email them if theres an email available.)

All of the app's work with each other two. Like in an email, if you see a phone number, you click it and it automatically calls that number. If you see a website, you click it and it takes you to that site in Safari. This is really cool!

Making phone calls is awesome. You can like just hit a button and you can make a conference call, you can put people on hold, and talk to others while people are on hold and etc. Its all really easy to do to. Plus its fun scrolling through your contacts and stuff, its really easy to find peeps.

Plus the fucker looks so sexy. It has the slider so you don't accidentally answer a call and turn it on etc. The interface is really cool as well, its just so cool. Its slightly big, but I'm used to holding an iPod in my pocket so it wouldn't be that much bigger if I ever got one. Its really thin and light two. Theres a bunch of shit I'm forgetting about it that makes it even better, but ehh.

Its really cool, why hate it? Just because its expensive? Thats not a reason to hate it. If you don't want one, that doesn't mean you should say it sucks and stuff. The iPhone doesn't suck, just look at the way the fucker is selling.

1. I said besides the UI. It doesn't matter how fucking sexy (btw you're using a word which describes something you think is 'hot'-you're physically attracted to it) you think the UI is, the fact is that it doesn't make the product better in any way apart from being more visually appealing.

2. Read the Maddox article. His internet browser is better. And the iPhone doesn't support things like Flash. Fail.

3. Wow. Seeing text that leads to a website. I think I've heard of that. Not that un-common on cell phones.

4. Typing is faster on Maddox's phone, it has a full keyboard and you don't need to press an extra button to access numbers, punctuation, etc...

5. You're missing the point. I don't hate it because it's expensive. I hate it because Apple will make a fuck-ton of money on it because retards will buy it because they're...well, retarded and don't know anything about anything, let alone spending their money on things that are actually worthwhile.

1. His phone doesn't look nice, its very ugly, especially when flipped into that full keyboard mode. (And I know I'm calling these phones "ugly" and "sexy", its just a way to describe how nice a phone looks. Jeez...

2. His internet browser maybe slightly better, but it probably takes longer to scroll through pages, etc.

3. I've never seen that in a cell phone. I couldn't find that anywhere at your Wikipedia article.

4. Typing doesn't seem faster. The iPhone has ".com" buttons to speed up your typing etc, I didn't see one on his phone.. :\

Dude, your not going to change my opinion of the iPhone. I like it, showing me a phone which I don't like isin't going to change my mind. I don't even want to argue, why does everyone ALWAYS want to start a fight. Jeez, just chillll. :cigar:

Yeah it's missing a ton of features that average and CHEAP phones have these days. Like seriously, video recording? Lame, just read the article. Totally agree with him, typing on a normal phone is probably faster than on an iPhone.

Edit: BTW he never said he was gonna make you not like it. Just telling you why you're wrong :P

Edited by Artur

Yeah it's missing a ton of features that average and CHEAP phones have these days. Like seriously, video recording? Lame, just read the article. Totally agree with him, typing on a normal phone is probably faster than on an iPhone.

Edit: BTW he never said he was gonna make you not like it. Just telling you why you're wrong :P

What?!?! I'm WRONG to like a product because its easy to use, looks nice, and has all the features I want?! (iPod, Internet, Email, Phone)

yesterday i was with my friend and she had just bought an iPhone. i was trying to explain to her how shitty it is when i realized, why the hell am i telling her this? shes a rich, dumb, egotistical, moron that gets excited over shiny things and thinks her life is all about posession. i thought to myself, "wow the iPhone is perfect for her!"

Comparison: Buying an 8 GB iphone for 600 dollars is like buying a early version of linux for 3,000 dollars.

Edited by tilly

1. His phone doesn't look nice, its very ugly, especially when flipped into that full keyboard mode. (And I know I'm calling these phones "ugly" and "sexy", its just a way to describe how nice a phone looks. Jeez...

2. His internet browser maybe slightly better, but it probably takes longer to scroll through pages, etc.

3. I've never seen that in a cell phone. I couldn't find that anywhere at your Wikipedia article.

4. Typing doesn't seem faster. The iPhone has ".com" buttons to speed up your typing etc, I didn't see one on his phone.. :\

Dude, your not going to change my opinion of the iPhone. I like it, showing me a phone which I don't like isin't going to change my mind. I don't even want to argue, why does everyone ALWAYS want to start a fight. Jeez, just chillll. :cigar:

1. Like I said, this isn't about whether the phone looks good. Who gives a flying fuck if a product looks good? GTA has shitty graphics but the gameplay is damn fun.

2. No it doesn't did you see him quickly zoom in/out on the N.Y. Times? And go through the tabs from N.Y. Times to his website to Google. All in a few seconds.

3. If you've never seen a hyperlink on a cell phone then I feel bad for the cell phones you've used.

4. It most likely did have it on his phone, nearly all phones have a 'Quicktype' feature like that.

I really don't want to start a fight, I'm stating the facts.

And you're not wrong to like the product because you like the way looks and whatnot. You're wrong to say it's a 'good' or even mediocre product by today's cellular phone standards, especially at it's base cost, it's monthly service cost, and it's gangbang provider requirements. (i.e. Cingular wireless blows, I want Verizon)

Mishom, stop defending the iphone. just stop. your increasing your fail rate by 50 percent every post.

the story of h.264 and youtube.

Apple announced that YouTube videos will be available for download onto the upcoming new iPhone. Buried in the release was the fact that these videos won't be in the tried-and-true Flash format. Instead, YouTube is switching to the more-advanced H.264 format. YouTube expects all their videos to be converted to H.264 by the fall. What this means in terms of third-party downloading and conversion remains to be seen, but for now, most of the videos will not be able to be seen.

pretty much making sure flash and other videos do NOT work at all on the iphone.