New windows?

7.62mm

vista? just go get it at a computer store. its not that great, its just more like mac, thats why i dont like it.

there are a few good things that id like to have on XP, but the vist interface isnt that great and its slow too.

oh wait i didnt see the link at first. thats just a windows mod. youll have to find the download and get it using torrent or something like that.

Edited by tilly

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution, not Windows! LOL!

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Tbh wouldn't have thought many people here would use Linux seeing as you can't game on it. It's better for pretty much everything else though, and of course being Linux, is far more secure than Windows will ever be :)

EDIT: Woops, didn't watch all the vid, I thought it was showing off Ubuntu... never mind, not actually sure where you can get that, apparently the download links don't work.

the pic ain't displaying properly for me. and ive never heard of this Ubuntu its a PC right?

Ubuntu is like another kind of Windows. Its not a computer, its software. If you run Ubuntu you don't use Windows etc. (And I wouldn't know why you would, I hear Ubuntu killz Windows.)

This video shows windows vista with ubuntu beryl... the pack of files above can make windows the way ubuntu looks like ^^

everybody should have this programs =]

enjoy =D

Some mod or something... No idea.. But just download the files and it will all be clear I guess..

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution, not Windows! LOL!

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Tbh wouldn't have thought many people here would use Linux seeing as you can't game on it. It's better for pretty much everything else though, and of course being Linux, is far more secure than Windows will ever be :)

EDIT: Woops, didn't watch all the vid, I thought it was showing off Ubuntu... never mind, not actually sure where you can get that, apparently the download links don't work.

It's also as useless (for normal desktop users) as it is secure AFAIC. I have ZERO use for that garbage.

Dude, it's stupid. Do you really need to see your different windows at different angles?

Seriously, it's cool for the first two minutes. Then you realize it's a waste of time.

Yeah, Chris, you have something of a point - panning your window at different angles is as stupid as putting the ceiling fan on the floor...

They both give you bleeding shins?

Well surely they'd go all pixelated and illegible, (the stuuf in the panned/tilted windows)

Yeah you really don't need Ubuntu right now.

And trying to dual-boot when you don't know what you're doing gives you a high probability of a major fuck-up.

Yeah, I really suggest you read up on this stuff be before you try running Ubuntu. It's not exactly like Windows, for example, I don't think you can play MP3's and what not in Ubuntu. Seriously, read up on it before you actually do anything.

You're serious?

It's a great OS for servers and the like, but for all other things it's just useless. Something to convince you: Exept for Quake series and a handfull of other titles NO games work on it. I'm pretty sure it still can play mp3 and stuff, but I'm pretty sure you're going to hate it. Stick with XP, it's great.