Do you have it?

Highwire

Do You Have It?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have It?

• Yes
    • No
    • Gonna Get It

GTA Advance is set in Liberty City, 2000, one year prior to Grand Theft Auto 3. The original three islands (Portland, Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale) are still there..

However, I really doubt there is 'more' explorable area than in GTA3, because as Sky said, a tiny cartridge like that holding THAT much land+radio=no space left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes...well on Visualboy...

My friend was going to buy it for me for my birthday a while ago, but they were sold out, and i got GT4 with the money from the voucher..i think it wouldve been money wasted...gta advance seems fun, but...graphics are dodgy cos of gameboy advance...but when your comparing to ps2 or something i suppose it would be..

• 1 month later...

Someone you hasn't played it would say that.

GTA Advance is a pretty good game. It got me through the gap between LCS and VCS. It has a pretty good storyline, the controls are a bit hard to get used to, but you do get used to them. It also tells you alot about III and LCS, helps clear up things, like why 8 ball was in the truck with Claude.

You haven't completed every GTA till you finished this.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I never played it, GTA3 kind of spoiled the whole top down perspective for me. Once GTA went fully 3D I couldn't go back to that view and enjoy it.

I agree with you, Ohwell. GTA III kind of spoiled the whole top down perspective for me. Once GTA went fully 3D I couldn't go back to that view and enjoy it. I found that out when I played the GTA Classics shortly after finishing GTA Vice City.

What I don't like about GTA Advance is that it has sucky graphics, and no voice actors and no animated cutscenes, nor does it have GTA III's much-lauded pedestrian dialog. The game also does not feature radio channels.

Although there are many things about GTA Advance that I don't like, there are some elements of it that I actually like. GTA Advance helped bridge the gap between GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA III. It also tells you a lot about GTA III and GTA LCS, and it helps to clear up things, like why 8-Ball was in the truck with Claude.