Photo
- - - - -

PlayStation 3 Exclusive Content As Well?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:36 AM

1UP.com recently put an article up concerning exclusive content on the PlayStation 3. Sony's head of development, Phil Harrison, got asked if they had a plan to rival with the Xbox 360's exclusive content for Grand Theft Auto: IV. Here is what Phil Harrison said:

"As the head of the [internal Sony] studios, it's hard for me to comment on the third-party relations, so I don't know the details of that -- we deliberately keep those separate -- but we have a great relationship with Rockstar and we're actually working closely with them on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now."

This does not mean that Grand Theft Auto: IV on the PlayStation 3 will have downloadable content like the Xbox 360, but it's looking more likely that you PS3 owners will get something special. What that is we don't know yet, but stay tuned to TheGTAPlace for all of the latest updates on this matter.

Thanks Charger and Adriaan

Link: 1UP.com Article

#2 Ciaran

Ciaran

1 pWn t3h n00bs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

There's still hope :) I don't think it's the same as the content the 360 is getting though but it's something.

#3 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:44 AM

If you ask me Sony shouldn't be worrying about getting exclusive GTA IV content and should be worrying about Microsoft not stealing the last exclusives they have. But good news for all you PlayStation fans I guess. BTW, very nice first post rockstarrem.
twitter.com/mishomilosevski

#4 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:29 AM

If you ask me Sony shouldn't be worrying about getting exclusive GTA IV content and should be worrying about Microsoft not stealing the last exclusives they have. But good news for all you PlayStation fans I guess. BTW, very nice first post rockstarrem.

Thanks, Misho :). I believe that Sony should have the same content as Microsoft, and vice versa. It's only fair really. Maybe Microsoft's contract will be for about a year or so (similar to Sony's exclusive rights) and etc.

#5 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

Well I am still not sure, it is still not confirmed. It could be someonething different to the 360 stuff, something totally new, who knows, it could be nothing at all.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#6 Airashii

Airashii

AR Fanboy Pride!

• Elite Members
  • 2,088 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

Yeah it really could. But I like the idea of having it a year later, just when i'm a little bored of it. Perhaps it shall be better that way.

Still, nice post RS.

Keep it up!
Posted Image

#7 Slyde

Slyde

Beep.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

Cool but too bad I'm not going to get a 360 for a ps3. <_<
bloop

#8 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

Yeah it really could. But I like the idea of having it a year later, just when i'm a little bored of it. Perhaps it shall be better that way.

Still, nice post RS.

Keep it up!

Thanks man!

I agree about the year later thing, kind of what Oblivion did. They released an expansion pack back in March or April I think it was. Got people back into the game, although I'm sure we won't get bored of it that easily.

#9 tjg50311

tjg50311

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

Good News! This was also confirmed by one of the 1UP guys on there podcast a few weeks back that there will be exclusive content.
GTAPlayer.com.
Posted Image

#10 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

Dont be mistkae it hasn't been confirmed, we are just speculating Phil Harrisons words, thats all

Posted Image

#11 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

yeah you alaways wanna make sure you get the facts striaght or you could be called a liar
Posted Image

#12 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

I have a feeling this content would be for PlayStation Home.

#13 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

yeah you alaways wanna make sure you get the facts striaght or you could be called a liar

That's why I said they confirmed something special. That's straight out of their words.

#14 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

If its for PS Home, it wont have 'hours of new gameplay' and things like that, so it would be pretty crap if it was for Home but if its an update sort of thing then it would be good.

Posted Image

#15 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

I doubt Sony will get anything worthwhile at all, Microsoft look like they've bought it all from Rockstar. I'll never say never, but I think if Sony does get something, it will be fairly inadequate. Good news post, rockstarrem as well :)

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#16 vicsrealms

vicsrealms

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

Its just one more reason for me to watch and see. I'm still up in the air on picking up either a XBox360 or a PS3. Especially, since most of their games seem to be bound for the PC anyway.

#17 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of GTAIV going to PC, you just have to look at recent GTA games such as VCS and LCS which never came to PC

Posted Image

#18 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

I wouldn't be so sure of GTAIV going to PC, you just have to look at recent GTA games such as VCS and LCS which never came to PC

Those are portables, This game is for a console, and we seen in the past that GTA games have made it for PC, so why not IV?

#19 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:01 AM

Yep, even LCS and VCS made the console jump, and as IV starts on next gen it only makes sense for it to go Vista.

#20 surrealistic ArtSweet

surrealistic ArtSweet

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:24 AM

it should be dude, GTA IV is for consoles, like charger and mvi said, the only reason LCS and VCS was never came for pc is because they'd look 10 times crappy than the PS2 version.

besides, Microsoft already trust them for $50.000.000,00 so why would they skip that opportunitty? and yep, it'll be most likely for Vista

Posted Image

Niko: okay Brucie, the only way to get your balls back to normal is you stop juicing, or you get implants
Brucie: how many times i have to tell you homie? my balls are golden, okay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users