XP vs Vista

#1 canuck fan

Can anybody actually justify why I (or anyone else for that matter), as a happy XP user, should run out today and spend £160 whatever on Vista?

As far as I can tell, ALL it offers is DX10 built-in, which is useless at the mo, and other than that a lot of side-effects that I don't want.

Why don't they make an OS that approaches it completely differently - so take "ports" on the internet, being treated way differently so as to completely eliminate hackers, and no funny background-programs, nothing can run without you double-clicking it, nothing can wire itself into any startup thing, only what is read-only by the OS originally, if you know what I mean. I wish they'd think of that......but then again if they did, MCafee, Norton, and the rest would be out of business, so maybe they make the OS's unstable for a reason?

What's wrong with double clicking?

BTW, Vista's first Service Pack is going to have a beta release this month. It's going to solve some bugs and do something so shutting down and starting up won't take you your whole afternoon brake. Some other things too, but I forgot, and the source has been taken off-line..