GTA:VCS/LCS Modding.

Thanks to Dustin Holden's updated IMG editor, we can now edit LCS and VCS IMG files. Here are some examples.

First EVER VCS IMG mod done by me!(Turns out that the fireman I used is also a beta one!)

Minigun Goneness? (Replaced the minigun with a cut scene minigun)

Put some clothes on, Victor! (Replaced Victor with a beta Victor. Didn't work so good since it's a cut scene model and texture. When Dustin releases his texture editor, I can mod the final Victor texture to be the beta one.)

"....And I can feel modding coming in the air tonight, oh lord"(Replaced Victor with Phil Collins)

"Let's Pop!"(Replaced Victor with Lance Vance)

Want to mod VCS or LCS your self? Here's what you will need

1. UMD Dumper

2. UMDGEN (Google search is your friend)

3. LCS/VCS Tex (Needed to look at the texture files)

4. YAIE (Needed to extract/edit LCS/VCS IMG files)

Want a list of main characters? Here it is!

Model:130 Texture:130 - IG Lance Vance (Pastel Suit)
Model:131 Texture:131 - IG Lance Vance (Casual)
Model:122 Texture:122 - IG Ricardo Diaz
Model:113 Texture:113 - IG Phil Collins 1
Model:140 Texture:140 - IG Phil Collins 2
Model:142 Texture:142 - IG Reni Wassulmaier 1
Model:143 Texture:143 - IG Reni Wassulmaier 2 (After Operation)
Model:147 Texture:147 - IG Umberto Robina
Model:123 Texture:123 - IG Diego Mendez
Model:115 Texture:115 - IG Armando Mendez
Model:136 Texture:136 - IG Marty Jay Williams
Model:129 Texture:129 - IG Sgt. Jerry Martinez
Model:141 Texture:141 - IG Phil Cassidy
Model:132 Texture:132 - IG Louise Cassidy 1
Model:647 Texture:648 - IG Louise Cassidy 2 (Work Out)
Model:118 Texture:118 - IG Brian Forbes
Model:114 Texture:114 - IG Alberto Robina
Model:126 Texture:126 - IG Gonzales
Model:116 Texture:116 - IG Barry Mickelthwaite
IG = In Game
CS = Cut Scenes

Helpful Information (Helps only if your replacing Victor) (Thanks goes to matt11504 at GTAForums)

1. Open a clean GTA3PSP.IMG.

2. Extract whatever texture and model you want to replace Victor with.

3. Make sure the texture and model you extracted is less than or equal to the size of texture and model.

4. Rename the texture you extracted to texture1.chk and the model to model1.mdl

5. Right click on texture1.chk in YAIE amd replace it with the texture you extracted and renamed texture1.chk and do the same for the model file.

6. Now exit YAIE when you finish replacing the files

7. Open up UMDGEN 4.00

8. Open up a clean VCS ISO

9. Go to PSP_GAME -->USRDIR -->RUNDATA

10. Now find your edited GTA3.IMG and drag and drop it into the RUNDATA folder.

11. In UMDGEN, go up to save and click ISO or CSO.

12. Wait for UMDGEN to finish and then load the ISO or CSO on your psp and see if your mod worked.

Edited by gamerzworld

How on earth do you guys inject modded stuff on a PSP? On a Memory Stick? Or some exploit I've heard in Wikipedia, especially with units that were loaded with older firmware? I know that there's no such thing as a user-recordable UMD, or a UMD drive for computers, since Sony's UMD format is proprietary and only R* and big name software/movie firms could make such crap.

How on earth do you guys inject modded stuff on a PSP? On a Memory Stick? Or some exploit I've heard in Wikipedia, especially with units that were loaded with older firmware? I know that there's no such thing as a user-recordable UMD, or a UMD drive for computers, since Sony's UMD format is proprietary and only R* and big name software/movie firms could make such crap.

The art of Custom Firmware and ISOs.

OK, I know it's because of custom firmware, but exactly how do you inject ISO stuff on the machine?

Oh, now I know, besides hacker-made firmware, PSP v3.5 to 3.51 has a hidden file named np9660.prx - we're already familiar with the 9660 stuff, right? So this means that this file's the ISO loader...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

OK, I know it's because of custom firmware, but exactly how do you inject ISO stuff on the machine?

You put the ISO on the memory stick or get a homebrew app that launches ISOs that are stored computer though a USB cable and drivers.

IMO this is too much trouble for mods like this. Believe me, I'm all for GTA mods. But getting custom firmware on the PSP, dumping the UMD, repacking it, etc...it all seems like too much effort for too little profit.

I think you should be satisfied with San Andreas, Vice City, and even GTA3 mods. (Because they're easier to use and better).

Oh, now I know, besides hacker-made firmware, PSP v3.5 to 3.51 has a hidden file named np9660.prx - we're already familiar with the 9660 stuff, right? So this means that this file's the ISO loader...

That PRX has nothing to do with ISO loading right now. Right now, ISO loading is totally separate from that PRX. Currently, ISO loaders trick the PSP into thinking the ISO is the files on the UMD. Once hackers start cracking that PRX (It's only been on 3.50 and 3.51), we can have faster ISO loading and less battery drainage.

IMO this is too much trouble for mods like this. Believe me, I'm all for GTA mods. But getting custom firmware on the PSP, dumping the UMD, repacking it, etc...it all seems like too much effort for too little profit.

I think you should be satisfied with San Andreas, Vice City, and even GTA3 mods. (Because they're easier to use and better).

vettefan88 is trying to figure out a way for us to just load the IMG file from the memory stick so we don't have to compile the ISO each time.

Edited by gamerzworld

• 3 months later...

Well...It's been awhile since I've posted anything here so I have broken my post into two parts.

I have the PS2 side missions, unique stunts, and unlockables on the PSP! Quite simple to get them really...It turns out that the Main.SCM from the PS2 version works on the PSP! Now, there are some bugs...Some side missions crash and the unique stunts that need the ramp added to the map are not there. Also, the unlockables don't work, just icons.

Here is a video of one "exclusive" side mission called "Playground On The Dock" running on the PSP.

video1.gif

(Please excuse my driving. I suck at driving when the FPS is like 1 frame per second :P.)

First ever edit for the PS2 version done by me!

Also as a side note, I edited Bully to give the BMX seaplane handling. Video coming soon.

EDIT: Here is the Bully mod.

Edited by gamerzworld

That PRX has nothing to do with ISO loading right now. Right now, ISO loading is totally separate from that PRX. Currently, ISO loaders trick the PSP into thinking the ISO is the files on the UMD. Once hackers start cracking that PRX (It's only been on 3.50 and 3.51), we can have faster ISO loading and less battery drainage.

vettefan88 is trying to figure out a way for us to just load the IMG file from the memory stick so we don't have to compile the ISO each time.

I dunno, but my cousin is able to load modded PSP ISO files like what you guys do via memory card; I'm not an advocate of console modding (since this involves defeating the DRM stuff) but judging from the work it's interesting...

• 2 months later...

texture 4- swat

texture 5- army

texture 6- cop and medic

texture 7- fireman

texture 8- male 01 white

texture 9- male 01 white

texture 10- woman hispanic

texture 11- woman hispanic

texture 12- male hispanic

texture 13- male hispanic older

texture 14- woman hooker hispanic

texture 15- ugly woman hispanic

texture 16- clothes hmyri

texture 17- hmori clothing and head, hispanic

texture 18- hfybe, hispanic woman and clothes

texture 19- hfobe, fat hispanic woman, old

texture 20-hmybe, hispanic man

texture 21-hmobe, hispanic man older

texture 22-hfybu, hispanic woman, angry?

texture 23- hfymd, hispanic hooker?

texture 24- hfygc, hispanic hooker?

texture 25- hfypr, hispanic man

texture 26- hfotr, really old hispanic woman

texture 27- hmotr, hispniac man with beard

texture 28- hmyap, hispanic man, with moustache

texture 29- hmoca, old hispanic man, bald and grey

texture 30- bmodk, biker

texture 31- bmycr,black man

texture 32- bfyst, black female

texture 33-

texture 222- quad

texture 223- angel

texture 224- angel

texture 225- jet ski

texture 226- possibly enforcer

texture 227- boxville

texture 228- benson

texture 229- coach

texture 230- mule

texture 231- voodoo

texture 232- securica

texture 233- trash

texture 234- topfun

texture 235- yankee

texture 236- mr whoopie

texture 237- sand king

texture 238- rhino

texture 239- dinghy

texture 240- marquis

texture 241- rio

texture 242- tropic

texture 243- fork truck

texture 244- street fighter

texture 245- virgo

texture 246- stinger

texture 247- bf injection

texture 248- pheonix

texture 249- squalo 2

texture 250- jetmax

texture 251- mesa

texture 252- vcn maverick

texture 253- police maverick

texture 254- sparrow

texture 255- sea sparrow

texture 256- vcs scarabbit

texture 257- chollo car

texture 258- comet

texture 259- cuban hermes

texture 260- fbi rancher

texture 261- gang burrito

texture 262- infernus

texture 263- regina

texture 264- sabre

texture 265- sabre

texture 266- sentinel

texture 267- hunter

texture 268- vechile doors

texture 269- coast

texture 270- skimmer

texture 271- chopper, police decals

texture 272- big plane called airblcok

texture 273- cell phone

texture 274- brass nuckles

texture 275- butterfly knife

texture 276- golf club

texture 277- nightstick

texture 278- knife

texture 279- bat

texture 280- axe

texture 281- gaff

texture 282- machete

texture 283- katana

texture 284- chain saw

texture 285- grenade

texture 286- tear gas

texture 287- moltov

error

texture 289- berrata

texture 290- python

texture 291- ak47

texture 292- chrome shotgun

texture 293- spas shotgun

texture 294- buddy shotgun

texture 295- m16

texture 296- skorpion

texture 297- uzi

texture 298- ingram

texture 299- mp5

texture 300- sniper

texture 301- sniper

sorry if the post is too long or not the right place or if its been done, but i think a list should be made of all the textures. I have a question though how do i go about replacing the files in the .chk. I understand how you can replace the check using vaie.

Edited by joe77