After GTAIV?

fatalgamer

I don't know if anyone here has thought this but. Have you ever wondered, since this game is gonna lay so much out on the table and there is so much going into it. Have you ever thought, what comes after this one. Is this possibly the last GTA in the series. Or will they make a another and just carry everything over to another episode. It just sounds so awsome, I think how could they make it any better. You choose your own destiny and make your own story. Will they do that again in another one. Does that even sound like an option? If they do that, will it be branned as being an almost photo copy of IV?

What do you guys think? :o

Edited by fatalgamer

R* said that GTA SA was the and of a trilogie and GTA4 the beginning of a new era. So my guess is that there'll be at least two others. Not GTA5 and 6, non, GTA : Sumthin' and GTA : Sumthin'

Edited by Essi

|They will continue to release GTAs to keep the profits high but once the profits arein decline im not so sure,

It's not all about the money dude. It's about the fans and what the fans want. It's about appealing to a mature crowd of gamers, and promoting games as the new most popular form of entertainment. It's also about telling a story in a most beautiful form of art. Not everyone in this world is greedy and selfish. Sorry, that's a little off topic.

Yes I hope there will be a new GTA but I'm just wondering if they will carry over all of the features of GTA IV. And saying what else can be added to an already perfect game. Don't fix it if it's not broke.

As long as they're making money I don't see any reason why they would stop the most succesfull game in gaming history (i think). Look how long Elder Scrolls has gone on for, and how better it keeps getting.

There is still plenty room for improvement in the game - think about it - ALL buildings accessible over a massive land area, people interaction that is highly realistic even like you type something in to talk or use voice recognition and they reply accordingly (intelligent AI), fully destructable buildings - there ain't no stopping it. The ONLY thing that can stop it, is either armageddon, or if the stupid governments keep banning games.

|They will continue to release GTAs to keep the profits high but once the profits arein decline im not so sure,

It's not all about the money dude. It's about the fans and what the fans want. It's about appealing to a mature crowd of gamers, and promoting games as the new most popular form of entertainment. It's also about telling a story in a most beautiful form of art. Not everyone in this world is greedy and selfish. Sorry, that's a little off topic.

Yes I hope there will be a new GTA but I'm just wondering if they will carry over all of the features of GTA IV. And saying what else can be added to an already perfect game. Don't fix it if it's not broke.

well, i don't know about fans, i mean, i'm sure a good company or developer always loved their fans, but let's face facts now, for all i know R* is a huge company with many staff.

these staffs, they either want just the money, or: these guys are very few people, trying to entertain fans! trying to make a good game, trying to make us experience what they'd experienced(i meant the old gamers of course)

i know R* care about fans, but, let's all face it here, it's reality with only one thing to survive: money(this is very offtopic of course)

GTA will continue, GTA IV is just another beginning for al of us, and i hope they will keep expanding it and move it so close to a real criminal world :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

I am absolutely certain that the Grand Theft Auto series will last up to at least 2022. I am also absolutely certain that Rockstar will release at least 5 games in the GTA V Era. That way, they can earn income while at the same time, they can actively compete against COD, Battlefield and Saints Row.

Rockstar Games are not stupid. As long as they have ideas, the GTA series will continue to live. Also, there are millions of GTA fans around the world who will be very disappointed if the GTA series was to be taken down, and the last thing Rockstar want to do is to disappoint them, and to lose a lot of income.