Yahoo! Games with Exclusive GTA IV Content

Chris

A press release sent out by Yahoo! last night caused a bit of confusion as it claimed to being premièring the second GTA IV trailer on Thursday. We now know this is not the case, as both Rockstar and Yahoo! will have the trailer at exactly the same time. Hopefully this will ease the pressure on Rockstar's servers and enable us all to actually see the trailer as soon as it's up this time.

Also in the press release was word of exclusive content for Yahoo! beginning June 22nd (today). Nothing has yet appeared on their site, the following quote from the press release shows their announcement:

Rockstar Games and Yahoo! Games will launch the world-premiere trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV in high-definition.

As the first official full trailer release for the game, fans get an exclusive peek at action-packed game footage from Grand Theft Auto IV.

Leading up to the trailer premiere, Yahoo! will celebrate Grand Theft Auto IV with special content including an interview with the creators behind one of the most popular video games of all time and exclusive screenshots from the forthcoming game.

Get exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV content all week beginning on June 22, 2007

Supposedly the content actually starts on Monday (June 25th), but hopefully we'll be getting a few goodies from Yahoo!, perhaps some new info, screenshots and such.

You can check out the site at GrandTheftAuto.Yahoo.com, be sure to keep checking back here as we'll update you whenever new information is posted.

Thanks Charger and Adriaan.

Anything new about GTA is good ... They made a mistake saying the exclusive content will start Monday 22th June, and today it is 22th but it is Thursday ... 3 days more is not that bad ... I hope both servers won`t crash when the trailer is released ...

Hah, sounds pretty good. I just hope I can watch the trailer before TGTAP server crashes or if the Yahoo one does too. Some new screens and info would be nice, I'll be checking out Yahoo in the next few days and see what I can find.

I kinda doubt the Yahoo! server will crash, they host millions and millions of mail adresses, powerfull server ...

Yahoo! will have hundreds of servers... they don't just host everyone on 1 computer. lol.

I honestly don't think TGTAP will crash this time round, firstly, there's a lot less hype so not as many people will all be on at once. Secondly, with Yahoo helping out people will have more places to go to get it.

With trailer 1, it was just on rockstars server, so everyone goes there and can't get on, they go to the next best thing, fan sites, that's when we got overloaded. This time, there's gonna be less people on R* servers, people on Y!, and people here. Everyone's going to be spread around a lot more.

That was such a crappy explanation, but you get the point.

Yahoo! will have hundreds of servers... they don't just host everyone on 1 computer. lol.

I honestly don't think TGTAP will crash this time round, firstly, there's a lot less hype so not as many people will all be on at once. Secondly, with Yahoo helping out people will have more places to go to get it.

With trailer 1, it was just on rockstars server, so everyone goes there and can't get on, they go to the next best thing, fan sites, that's when we got overloaded. This time, there's gonna be less people on R* servers, people on Y!, and people here. Everyone's going to be spread around a lot more.

That was such a crappy explanation, but you get the point.

Thankx for clearing this up ... I didn`t knew that Yahoo! has multiple servers ... And you are right, now that the trailer will be availbe in multiple places, crashing is avoided ...

Edited by Gycu Brun