Trailer 2 Online at 12:00PM EDT, June 28th

Chris

Rockstar have confirmed the exact time for the release of the second GTA IV trailer "Looking for that special someone" in their latest broadcast. It will be going live at 12:00PM EDT. That's going to be 5PM in the UK, 6PM for most of Europe, and 2AM in most of Australia, of course your time zone may vary.

So, get ready for the Internet to explode once again as every single GTA fan in the world attempts to download the trailer at the same time.

trailer2_1200edt_th.gif

Rockstar have confirmed the exact time for the release of the second GTA IV trailer "Looking for that special someone" in their latest broadcast. It will be going live at 12:00PM EDT. That's going to be 5PM in the UK, 6PM for most of Europe, and 2AM in most of Australia, of course your time zone may vary.

So, get ready for the Internet to explode once again as every single GTA fan in the world attempts to download the trailer at the same time.

GAY! I'll be working. :'(

Added a screenshot of the email into the post now for those who haven't received it yet.

@tilly: Well what we try to do is get a copy on to TGTAP server first, and then I usually put the link up to that in my news post, and then download it myself and write up all the new details. I'll also try and post other links if sites like gametrailers have it up too. At 12:00 only R* will have it so we'll just have to wait if everything crashes.

It helps I have root access to the server though, I bet not many other fan site webmasters do. Most of them are probably on shared hosting too :P

But yeah I can literally just type one command line and press enter and the server downloads using it's rawrsome 100mbit connection :)

So the trailer would be downloaded in just a few seconds assuming full bandwidth was available, and then I can post the link here to download it to my own computer.

hey chris, do you have a server built computer? like a blade or something? if you do i think you should get a few more but only for networking of downloads. that would make this MUCH easier. and if you dont have any, then you are crazy. where is your bandwith coming from?

No, the server TGTAP is hosted on is located in Texas, USA. It wouldn't be from Dell or anything, all custom built I'd imagine. The server (which is fully dedicated) is donated to us by Ron from soccergaming.com, that's what the big ad at the top and bottom of the server is for... to pay for the server essentially. We pump out around 1 Terabyte of bandwidth every single month...

It helps I have root access to the server though, I bet not many other fan site webmasters do. Most of them are probably on shared hosting too :P

But yeah I can literally just type one command line and press enter and the server downloads using it's rawrsome 100mbit connection :)

So the trailer would be downloaded in just a few seconds assuming full bandwidth was available, and then I can post the link here to download it to my own computer.

Cool, I actually obtained it from here last time sort of, I couldn't get anything to show up on Rockstar's site so I came back here and you had a link from filefront or something. Do it again!

Excellent !

My timezone is +2 GMT, that means 7:00 PM is the release hour for the trailer, right ? PM is after dusk, or the morning ?

PM is after dusk. I always thought of it like PM = post morning, AM = after midnight.

Thanks man :thumbsup: