How do you change car names

Ive installed aload of cars with the san andreas mod installer but the names of the cars in game still stay the same, now do you have to change it manually or can you do it while you are installing with the mod installer.

EDIT: Also do you have to install cars on the preset car model or can you set them to anything.

Edited by Apocalypes

Start here, the tutorials in the MODDING forum.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9653

Look through the modding forum, this might already be cove

Get a GXT editor from the TOOLS section of GTA SA downloads, it should have a read me.

STEP 1: BACKUP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

STEP 2: There should be a README file, read it.

Once you've backed up your GXT file, open it & look for the car you want to edit. Specifics should be in the README.

As for changing models, stick to the general vehicle type & you should be okay. Taxis & Emergency have extras & may

cause the game to crash. Same for the Monster trucks & aircraft w/ weapons (Hunter, Sea Sparrow, etc..).

Good Luck.

Thanks. But for example im trying to install the Hummer but i have already used the lanstalker modle to install the M5, so will it work if i use another vehicle or will it just gently caress up.

Also with some cars i install it crashes the game half way before it loads, is that just the mod itselfs fault or am i doing stuff wrong.

• 3 years later...