Microsoft Paid $50 Million for GTA IV DLC

Chris

I've been away for a few days due to work commitments, and I come back and see this frolicking news? If Sony get no downloadable content, that frolicking sucks, plain and simple. It's simply not fair on the other people who own, or plan to own, other consoles. I might have to buy a 360 just for GTA 4...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubtful. This is because Sony's gaming division has lost so much money since 2005, I doubt they have the cash to compete with Microsoft if there were an exclusivity war. Besides, Rockstar has said in the past that they want to have the audience of both systems, and that releasing a game on only one is a huge risk. But the exclusive content is another story. This was announced so long ago, and if you didn't buy a 360, it's your fault.

Doubtful. This is because Sony's gaming division has lost so much money since 2005, I doubt they have the cash to compete with Microsoft if there were an exclusivity war. Besides, Rockstar has said in the past that they want to have the audience of both systems, and that releasing a game on only one is a huge risk. But the exclusive content is another story. This was announced so long ago, and if you didn't buy a 360, it's your fault.

Sorry buddy, but having downloadable content on just one console is still a risk...not as large of a risk if they were to have the Grand Theft Auto series exclusive to one console, but a risk nonetheless.

SIDE NOTE: I'm not trying to start anything with you or anyone else about this whole thing. I'm simply debating your views, much like you've been debating mine.

No hard feelings...at least on this side.

50 million dollars... thats alot of cookies...that's alot of happy R* employees...

Wha?

Oh, right. I'm not gonna say i told you so, becaus i didn't. I thought this might happen, but good on MS, put the work in, get results out. But this doesn't change the fact i dont want an xbox.... or a PS3, because, we all (hope) it will come out on PC, and we can buy or DL the DLC, it'd work for MS, sice it'd need A windows oS to run it, so theres hope for the pC owners! w00t.

anyway, enough mass debating for today (geddit?) i'm going to bed.. Goodnight everybody!

You know, I'll quote PlanetGTA on this one.

I know I'll get backlash from the likes of other GTA site operators for saying this, but if you were a Sony fanboy in the past (search your feelings, you know it to be true) and were also a big, big fan of the GTA games, it is time to "switch teams." Yes yes, you'll get angry and I'll receive more angry e-mails, but it is something that needs to be said. The better experience is going to be on the 360 for GTA IV. Let me make it simple with my amazing chart creation skills:

episodic.jpg

Lol.

Its Obvious the content will come the PS3, and not listening to Moderators? Since when did anybody tell me anything?

Thats why I said "That chart will be proven False". I never said " DLC is coming to the PS3" So I'm not misleading anyone.

Do your job the right way....... I'm giving my opinion, so I shouldn't receive any warning.

Edited by Charger

1. You don't know that. Ok. You can't possibly say that because it's not true, there is no confirmation, no nothing, stfu!

2. How else will the chart be proven false other than the second cell in the first column changing?

3. I am doing my job correctly, I told OGTAM to stop saying the content will come to PS3 in this topic, you do the same.

You're free to say that you think/it's likely/it might come to PS3, but don't say "it is."

I know I'll get backlash from the likes of other GTA site operators for saying this, but if you were a Sony fanboy in the past (search your feelings, you know it to be true) and were also a big, big fan of the GTA games, it is time to "switch teams." Yes yes, you'll get angry and I'll receive more angry e-mails, but it is something that needs to be said. The better experience is going to be on the 360 for GTA IV. Let me make it simple with my amazing chart creation skills:

episodic.jpg

Lol.

LOL

this is all reminding me of sega vs nintendo. two great systems. sega was a lil more expensive but better and nintendo just fucked them in the ass.

Edited by tilly

episodic.jpg

Lol.

Its all true. I, myself, once an avid hater of the Xbox, today succumbed.. and suddenly, i want a 360. If you can't beat 'em, join'em, and all that...

OT:And tilly, you're right to... hehe, i have my N64 and sega master system down from the attic, so a sweet 11 week break from working to rake in some good old nostalgia....it's a good old life, nuh?

But yeah, that guy who made that chart is a genius, give him a nobel peace prize for common sense!

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

yay. i never hated the xbox. i just favored the ps3. but i HATED the xbox fanboys. really annoying. im planning to wait for gta for pc so i dont have to pay for dl content, can get mods, has all the extras and new version/bug fixes in it. its like a whole better deal.

but still, other than gta. i like ps3s games just a little better than xbox. i only like a few games, like halo. i also dont like how fm2 is a total ripoff of gran tourismo.

Edited by tilly

1. You don't know that. Ok. You can't possibly say that because it's not true, there is no confirmation, no nothing, stfu!

2. How else will the chart be proven false other than the second cell in the first column changing?

3. I am doing my job correctly, I told OGTAM to stop saying the content will come to PS3 in this topic, you do the same.

You're free to say that you think/it's likely/it might come to PS3, but don't say "it is."

Like I said I can give Opinions, Giving Opinions is not against the rule, I don't need to stfu as well. If I'm giving my opinion, this has to be one of the most stupidest reasons to get warned for. I can understand if I said "Its confirmed" But by saying

"That chart will be proven false, in about a year after IV's release". its just passing the line. -_-

You just saw the sentence as another meaning.

Edited by Charger

Yes you did.

I'm not a fanboy, why would I be playing Halo 1, 2?

I have never said "I hate 360, Wii, PS3 is the best"

And like I said It was my opinion. My opinion of DLC coming can't be heard? Who said just saying "PS3 will get DLC means your a fanboy"? Me as a PS3 owner can say it because I will be glad for it become true. I think this warning you gave is way-off

If I remember correctly that Announcement was just made.

Edited by Charger

Yeah, but you can't say "PS3 will get DLC," because you don't know that. It's not a fact, and by saying that something will happen, you're saying that it's a fact. It's not, and no matter how many PS3s you own will make it true.

So in the future, please refrain from saying that the PS3 will get exclusive content. As far as right now, it wont.

yay. i never hated the xbox. i just favored the ps3. but i HATED the xbox fanboys. really annoying. im planning to wait for gta for pc so i dont have to pay for dl content, can get mods, has all the extras and new version/bug fixes in it. its like a whole better deal.

but still, other than gta. i like ps3s games just a little better than xbox. i only like a few games, like halo. i also dont like how fm2 is a total ripoff of gran tourismo.

I'll agree with you on everything you said except for FM2. Forza 2 has damage modeling, realistic handling, and online play NOW. Just because it's a racing simulator doesn't mean it's a rip-off of GT.

I'll agree with you on everything you said except for FM2. Forza 2 has damage modeling, realistic handling, and online play NOW. Just because it's a racing simulator doesn't mean it's a rip-off of GT.

everything but the graphics is exactly like gt4. exactly. my friend has it and i have 4 for ps2. he brought it over to my house cuz we had 2 other people there and we played games. fm2 is very very much like it in the tuning, the racing, the levels and also the AI that is totally perfect that never ever makes mistakes. they even copied the speed and turn director.