• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

I did understand what you were saying. You said that almost every PS3 owner will buy GTA4, because there is no game being released at a similar time that they would want instead. And that only 25% of Xbox 360 owners will buy GTA4 because the rest want Halo 3 instead. No. You're acting retarded and using every method you can to make the Xbox 360, its players, and Rockstar look bad, when in reality, you're just upset because you bought the more expensive console, when ironically, the cheaper one will have more features in GTA4. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I really hope you're not insulting me. Because that would be verrrry baaaad.

I would personally be very impressed to see a mentally challenged person correctly use percentages.

I would like to know why you think that I want to make Rockstar look bad. I don't really give a shit about the 360 or its owners. I AM upset that the PS3's chances of getting downloadable content for GTAIV are very very slim...I mean, who wouldn't. I'm simply pointing out that there is still a possibility.

I said...

Having exclusive content on just one console is a bad marketing plan on Rockstar's part and they know that.

And by that I wasn't saying Rockstar is stupid because of what they're doing. I'm simply saying they're not doing that and that they're just helping out a business partner, that what Chris pointed out paid them $50,000,000 to do. Rockstar and Microsoft made a deal so that the 360 would get the exclusive content first and for a certain amount of time before the PS3 would be able to get it so more people would buy the XBox 360. Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360. Much like what happened with the Grand Theft Auto III Trilogy, PlayStation got it before Xbox did.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass; it's one of many partnership business-marketing plans out there. I've been in marketing classes for the past 3 years. I know what I'm talking about.

#42 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

You don't know that, stop saying it, it's not a fact, it's not proven, you don't know.

Is it likely? Maybe, but we don't know so stop saying the PS3 will get exclusive content.

I'm not pulling this out of my ass; it's one of many partnership business-marketing plans out there. I've been in marketing classes for the past 3 years. I know what I'm talking about.

What you think you know aside, have you actually polled 360 and PS3 users on what they like? Have you actually gotten data about the trends of players who are fans of the two games? Do you actually know exactly how many owners of each console will buy GTA4? No. No you don't. So, for now, shut the fuck up k thx bye.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#43 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

Later on the PS3 will get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

You don't know that, stop saying it, it's not a fact, it's not proven, you don't know.

Is it likely? Maybe, but we don't know so stop saying the PS3 will get exclusive content.

I could say it as much as I f*ucking want as long as it isn't spamming so stop trying to act like a dictator. You need to calm yourself down, get some damn water or some shit.

What you think you know aside, have you actually polled 360 and PS3 users on what they like? Have you actually gotten data about the trends of players who are fans of the two games? Do you actually know exactly how many owners of each console will buy GTA4? No. No you don't. So, for now, shut the gently caress up k thx bye.

I was simply contemplating the possiblities, which was acknowledged by me saying "Would if". Pay attention.

I don't know about you, but I'm simply debating this. So lets not turn this into a "Flame War" or whatever.

Edited by Original GTA Master, 17 June 2007 - 11:37 PM.

#44 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,945 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

Later on the PS3 might get exclusive content of some sort, but not until maybe a year or so after the 360.

^fixed.

Please do not spread misinformation. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

You may well have experience with this sort of business, but so do I, and I don't think you're looking at this in realistic terms, so let me explain:

Having exclusive content on only one console is not a "bad marketing plan" as you put it. It is not going to affect how many copies of GTA IV are sold, the only influence it may have is on what console a gamer chooses to purchase it on. It's not like people aren't going to buy it just because it doesn't have exclusive content, that's an stupid thought.
Remember this is Grand Theft Auto we're talking about, people now buy these games just because of the franchise's popularity. "Oh it's GTA, it must be good, I'll buy this!" is what many non-hardcore fans would think.

MS have paid T2 such an immense amount of money that it will cover any "losses" made by not being able to give PS3 gamers additional content. That's the whole point, otherwise T2 wouldn't have accepted it - it would have been in their best interest to make additional content for the PS3 version too. But it's not now, as they're already $50,000,000 up.

Additional content is just a bonus for a game, it doesn't ever sway a decision as to whether or not a game is worth purchasing.

#45 Mohamed_GANgsta

Mohamed_GANgsta

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

Hey waddup GTA homiez,im da new homeboy here. So Y'all have to get used to me 'right B) About dis topic man, DO YOUALL KNOW MANHUNT, manhunt 2 is coming out in only Nintendo Wii,that ain't fair too RIGHt!!!!! Just like this thang dat is happenin',GTA EPISODIC CONTENT ONLY ON XBOX 360 THE XBOX 360 well its just an average console....... PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!

#46 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

Yeah. You're a fanboy, and there's a rule against fanboyism unless it's in this topic. How about you read some of the posts in that topic and then come back to make an informed decision, alright?

EDIT: You should probably take grammar classes, too. Just because you're a presumerably a rap fan doesn't mean you have to butcher the English language. I like Ludacris too, but Jesus Christ.

Edited by WnN2, 21 June 2007 - 02:50 PM.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#47 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:47 PM

WnN2 - Thank you.

Mohamed_GANgsta - Not a dis, just lay off the over sized text.

Granted this only speculation, but if R* has a plan w/ the exclusive 360 DLC, it's probably to get the PS3 owners to want it that much more. For all we know, Sony wants to hold off so they can charge a premium if/when they finally do get DLC.

R* could've also been looking at Sony's initial release of the PS3 as a shortage or something. Remember people camping out at Wallmart & the insane prices they sold for on e-bay?

Previous titles had exclusive release but eventually released to other platforms.

As I said, only speculation.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 21 June 2007 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users