• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

Speculation on this subject began back in September 2006 when Microsoft first announced that the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV would receive episodic content. Recently, in the past week, many gaming sites have picked up on this again, after Take-Two released their financial results for the second quarter. The press release simply stated that episodic content would arrive on the Xbox 360 sometime during 2008, with no mention of the PS3.

Today, a Take-Two spokesperson has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the episodic content planned for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusively released for the Xbox 360.

a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

This comes as yet another huge blow to the PlayStation 3, which is doing appallingly compared to its rivals, the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

#2 #1 canuck fan

#1 canuck fan

Proud Sikh

• Banned
  • 211 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

Aww Crap :jumpon: Lucky Xbox 360 owners
I got banned along with getting owned.

#3 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

DAMN IT!!!

Why do they only have to put it on the X360, it sucks like so much that they don't have it on the PS3 as well!!!!

GRRRRR!!!!!

Edited by Dazza, 16 June 2007 - 12:16 AM.

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#4 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

Anything can happen, You'll see..........

#5 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:47 PM

Oh please, leave the fanboy comments out of this. Both systems are amazing. No one cares if you don't like one or the other.

I was thinking the same Charger, but you have to admit now take two have said it's 360 exclusive, it's not looking too great for Sony. We'll see what happens, if anything, though.

#6 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

If i was "fan boying" I would go...'Why do they have to have it on X360, bring it on Wii."

But yeah, Sony is not doing well at all...yet now if it comes on computer we might get it on there...

#7 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:08 AM

Well I was referring to you saying "the X360, it sucks like so much" - no it doesn't. But enough of this already, let's not get sidetracked with arguments about which consoles we like.

Who here thinks that the PS3 will eventually get some exclusive DLC of its own?

#8 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

I ment by it sucks saying that it's only going to be on X360 and also not on the PS3. I didn't mean anything by the console.

#9 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

Sorry.

Posted Image

But.

I.

Told.

You.

So.

(Not that I'm insinuating that the PS3 sucks in any way Chris, but it just got its shit ruined with this announcement)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#10 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

Don't seem right, Rockstar have always used the PS3 more then anything else, lots of exclusive games have been released on it rather then the Xbox. Not to mention the limitations, makes you wonder, maybe they have something planned, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't.

#11 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

@Dazza: Oh, sorry, I read your comment the wrong way, looked like you were saying the 360 sucks, not that it sucks they only put it on 360... punctuation...

@chris82: yeah you are right actually. heh.

@Jared: Yeah it's strange they now seem to be favouring MS over Sony when it's always been the other way round. How times have changed...

I guess there could always be a surprise announcement, but it's getting later and later now [for people who haven't bought a console yet] as people will now turn to 360. If Sony leave it too late then everyone will have already got a 360 and won't want/can't afford a PS3 as well.

#12 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:30 AM

Speculation on this subject began back in September 2006 when Microsoft first announced that the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV would receive episodic content. Recently, in the past week, many gaming sites have picked up on this again, after Take-Two released their financial results for the second quarter. The press release simply stated that episodic content would arrive on the Xbox 360 sometime during 2008, with no mention of the PS3.

Today, a Take-Two spokesperson has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that the episodic content planned for Grand Theft Auto IV will be exclusively released for the Xbox 360.

a company representative has told GI.biz, "The Grand Theft Auto IV episodic content is exclusive to Xbox 360."

This comes as yet another huge blow to the PlayStation 3, which is doing appallingly compared to its rivals, the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

#13 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:09 AM

I guess at the same time there are other games that are meant to be being released that havn't been documented, so maybe they are covering some up for now?

#14 balbaro

balbaro

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:56 AM

Who cares...

GTAIV for PC please ??????

#15 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:58 AM

OGTAM, I hope you're not saying that you think it'll be released exclusivly for 360, meaning it'll be released first for 360 because it has exclusivity but released later for PS3. No. GI.biz was told it's exclusive to 360. Therefore ONLY for 360.

Who cares...

GTAIV for PC please ??????

Wait until June 2008.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#16 surrealistic ArtSweet

surrealistic ArtSweet

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:01 AM

i know this sounds really stupid, but i never knew what exactly is an episodic content, and what's the advantage of having it???? :(

can someone tell me the details?

Posted Image

Niko: okay Brucie, the only way to get your balls back to normal is you stop juicing, or you get implants
Brucie: how many times i have to tell you homie? my balls are golden, okay!

#17 7.62mm

7.62mm

Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

• Banned
  • 336 posts
  • United States 

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

Good thing I have a 360

Posted Image

I always say.. a coward dies a thousand times.. but a soldier, dies once.

My Website/Myspace

#18 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

Ditto.

Any word on what the content will be?

Also, any word on system requirements for PC?.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#19 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:09 AM

We don't know what the content will be yet.

GTA IV for PC hasn't been announced. So we don't know the requirements, I expect a good PC for it.

#20 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

i know this sounds really stupid, but i never knew what exactly is an episodic content, and what's the advantage of having it???? :(

can someone tell me the details?

It is kind of like an Expansion Pack .... But no one knows what will contain ... ( could be missions/cars/clothes etc. )

And I don`t think ether PS 3 will have Exclusive Content, neither the PC version ( if one ) ...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users