Photo
- - - - -

Show us your guns!

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

Poll: Should weapons pictures be allowed? (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think it's acceptable to post pictures of your guns

1. Sure, people here can be trusted to act responsibly (41 votes [75.93%])

Percentage of vote: 75.93%

2. No, this might be a bad influence. (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. OMG YOU CRAZY AMERICANS ARE RUINING THE CHILDREN IN THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! (10 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:07 PM

God damn. Americans. What do you guys have guns FOR? Shooting game? That's OK, but just for show, or worse, your own protection? Things are really that bad huh?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just your standard Britfag.... in the UK, unless you live in somewhere like Manchester, or East London, there isn't much gun crime at all in the country.

#22 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:14 PM

Pretty much :P It'll take a few shots from what I've got (If I could even find it haha) There's people that party down the road, so if someone wants to break in drunk, they'll get teh shootedzzzzzzz

#23 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:53 PM

My dad currently has a little arsenal of weapons, an M16 rifle, and a Glock 9MM pistol. I also had an airsoft rifle once, but it ended up being "lost" after being lent to someone else... I would have liked to grab myself an FN F2000, the same weapon used by Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell, I dunno...

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#24 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

That's nice. I'd say someone should model that, but last time I said that I think I started something....

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 16 June 2007 - 01:28 AM.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#25 7.62mm

7.62mm

Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

• Banned
  • 336 posts
  • United States 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:28 AM

the ak 47 isnt THAT accurate. not to a sniper rifle. maybe some other klashkinov but not the 47.

Yea buddy My AK-47 isnt accurate, but that 7.62mm bullet owns. The very first shot is somewhat accurate, but after that it gets a little crazy! I will take a pic :)

Ok folks.. Here is my glock handgun.. yes I am 16 but b4 I even show anything. I say this. Only once. Im F****** responsible. I hate people that think guns are toys. It pisses me off. No joking around here. I may dress like a gang banger but I can assure you I mean no harm please do not call me a terrorist... Thanks.

Posted Image

There ya go, Is it ok to post my AK-47? If so make a new topic I will post it in there.
Whatcha think?

Edited by 7.62mm, 10 June 2007 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

I always say.. a coward dies a thousand times.. but a soldier, dies once.

My Website/Myspace

#26 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

Nice piece. Would prefer to give the actual pics a couple of days (for the poll), but so far it looks positive, so as long as
there are no objections from staff, go for it.

Just remember the parent's permission thing so someone's mom doesn't freak out.

EDIT: I totally missed Chris' post (#21), Apologies & my bad. Please hold up on the pics until this is sorted.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 10 June 2007 - 08:35 AM.

Posted Image

#27 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:58 AM

God damn. Americans. What do you guys have guns FOR? Shooting game? That's OK, but just for show, or worse, your own protection? Things are really that bad huh?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just your standard Britfag.... in the UK, unless you live in somewhere like Manchester, or East London, there isn't much gun crime at all in the country.

I don't know if you were joking, but damn. I keep hearing people from the UK, Australia, South America and other places about how the US, which is what you're most likely talking about, is so bad because of all these stupid reasons. Do you guys not have anything better to do? Are all these places that are pissing all over the USA that boring? I'm just curious.

Just so I'm not that off topic...I don't own any weapons...yet. *dramatic horror music*

#28 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

It's part of who we are, our 2nd amendment rights. Doesn't mean we're bad or just start blasting away without reason. In
the Midwestern US, we do hunt for game, Thanksgiving just isn't complete without some fresh deer, turkey or other game.
And yeah, it's for protection. In my city (approx. 300,000 people) there was a problem with delivery people being robbed & assaulted. since then my state has adopted "shall issue" conceal carry permits, meaning the state has to issue permits to
law abiding citizens unless they can show good cause.

As for myself, my neighborhood is only a little better than Ganton in GTA SA. Most of the time it's not so bad, but from time to time wannabe gangsta's actually do drive-bys & other stupid crap. Would rather have it & not need it than the other
way around.

Chris - Britfag?? Naw, I know it's a different world and there are things that we won't understand about each other. It is
your site & if it's that objectionable you can lock it, As I said in the first post I will respect your wishes. I would hope you
can keep an open mind.

If anyone in Kennasaw GA, US is reading this tell us about the (lack of) crime in your area. For our friends abroad, please
sit down before you go here.

http://www.mcsm.org/kennesaw.html

Posted Image

#29 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Nobody is complaining about showing pictures of guns - please continue to do that.

For those who don't know, in Britain most people can't own or fire any potentially lethal weapons. You can get a license from the police if you are a member of a shooting club, and air rifles are allowed for hunting, but not much more. Even the police don't carry weapons, apart from a small number of special units. I really believe that is a good thing, because nobody has any guns, it is really hard to get hold of guns, and for this reason gun crime is low. If anybody does do a driveby or hold up a bank or something, it is easy to find them (its the guy with the AK47 in his bedroom).

However, if everyone else had a gun, I wouldn't want to be the only person without one. That is one of America's problems from my point of view - you simply couldn't introduce a law banning ownership of guns, because most people would probably refuse to give theirs up.

The military is the obvious exception to the rule in Britain, so this is me with our SA80s:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#30 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

Thank you Gerard, your view is very enlightened for some one not from the US. And I appreciate your support.

I know the UK has extremely strict laws pertaining to the ownership of weapons. And we could probably clog the servers discussing the aspects of gun problems in the US (Please, don't do that). The fact is that as a whole (people in general), we may act civilized but are not. If someone decided they want to hurt someone else, they're going to do it. A gun only makes it convenient.

For what it's worth, the average American gun owner is very responsible & not prone to going off on a rampage. We don't
spend a month's pay on an AR-15 & use it for drive-bys. Most weapons used in crimes are stolen. I'll stop there as this going a little off the original topic. Depending on how this goes, I may start another at a later date.

PS - Gerard, I presume you are in the military. You've probably posted on that if you are but it's a big site.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 16 June 2007 - 01:39 AM.

Posted Image

#31 7.62mm

7.62mm

• Banned
  • 336 posts
  • United States 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

Here here :)

Posted Image

Thats my AK

Posted Image

I shoot it all the time :) Great gun. Romainian.

Edited by 7.62mm, 12 June 2007 - 05:45 AM.

Posted Image

My Website/Myspace

#32 Silberio

Silberio

Long time no see, eh?

• Members
  • 1,610 posts
  • Sweden 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

ROFLEZ, You can survive in Chile without a gun, with so many thiefs/robbers, for some 5 days ago, they robbed a woman (daytime, like 3 PM)...
I dont have any gun ATM, just wait untill i get some cash, we know someone that may sell us a gun...
Posted Image

#33 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

Silberio - Are you at least safe in your own home?

I'll bet 7.62 sleeps good at night.

Posted Image

#34 7.62mm

7.62mm

• Banned
  • 336 posts
  • United States 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

lol yea man my dads on the SWAT team so he has an arsonal of weapons that are loaded like next under his bed too.

Posted Image

My Website/Myspace

#35 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:48 PM

:worship:

I'm guessing you also hear a lot on gun safety, that's good. A lot of people just don't realize how dangerous they can be.

BTW, which AK do you have, Russian, Bulgarian, etc.. looks nice.

Posted Image

#36 7.62mm

7.62mm

• Banned
  • 336 posts
  • United States 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

:worship:

I'm guessing you also hear a lot on gun safety, that's good. A lot of people just don't realize how dangerous they can be.

BTW, which AK do you have, Russian, Bulgarian, etc.. looks nice.

Yea buddy. I take it serious. I know alot of kids that think they are toys and it bugs the piss out of me...

Its actually Romainian. :) If I spelt that right. Thanks man :) I will get a pic of my sniper rifle on here soon too buddy :D

Posted Image

My Website/Myspace

#37 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

I suppose I'll have to show you one of my Dragonov, your dad probably knows that one.

Gotta go, back later.

Posted Image

#38 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,942 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

Yeah let me just clarify I'm not against Americans because a large number of them own guns. It's just the fact that many of them own one simply to feel safe - that is worrying when you think of it like that. But it seems from that viewpoint that I'm weird because I reckon most Americans think that's just stupid to think of it like that (do tell me).

@7.62mm: It's spelt Romanian, only one i ;)

I dunno what people from other countries viewpoints are on guns, I might have a look on wikipedia at gun crime in different countries etc. and see what I can find.

#39 Silberio

Silberio

Long time no see, eh?

• Members
  • 1,610 posts
  • Sweden 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

Kinda, with those iron bars at the windows, and spikes over the 2 n' a half meter high steel fence, i kinda am...
Posted Image

#40 YellowJacket

YellowJacket

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

You're in a GTA Forum where half the members aren't actually old enough to play the game but they do anyways. I don't think it should be an issue if people post pics of their guns.

Posted Image
Краще, ніж ви.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users