Show us your guns!

Urbanoutlaw

Should weapons pictures be allowed?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's acceptable to post pictures of your guns

• Sure, people here can be trusted to act responsibly
    • No, this might be a bad influence.
    • OMG YOU CRAZY AMERICANS ARE RUINING THE CHILDREN IN THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!

Nice piece. Would prefer to give the actual pics a couple of days (for the poll), but so far it looks positive, so as long as

there are no objections from staff, go for it.

Just remember the parent's permission thing so someone's mom doesn't freak out.

EDIT: I totally missed Chris' post (#21), Apologies & my bad. Please hold up on the pics until this is sorted.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

God damn. Americans. What do you guys have guns FOR? Shooting game? That's OK, but just for show, or worse, your own protection? Things are really that bad huh?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just your standard Britfag.... in the UK, unless you live in somewhere like Manchester, or East London, there isn't much gun crime at all in the country.

I don't know if you were joking, but damn. I keep hearing people from the UK, Australia, South America and other places about how the US, which is what you're most likely talking about, is so bad because of all these stupid reasons. Do you guys not have anything better to do? Are all these places that are pissing all over the USA that boring? I'm just curious.

Just so I'm not that off topic...I don't own any weapons...yet. *dramatic horror music*

It's part of who we are, our 2nd amendment rights. Doesn't mean we're bad or just start blasting away without reason. In

the Midwestern US, we do hunt for game, Thanksgiving just isn't complete without some fresh deer, turkey or other game.

And yeah, it's for protection. In my city (approx. 300,000 people) there was a problem with delivery people being robbed & assaulted. since then my state has adopted "shall issue" conceal carry permits, meaning the state has to issue permits to

law abiding citizens unless they can show good cause.

As for myself, my neighborhood is only a little better than Ganton in GTA SA. Most of the time it's not so bad, but from time to time wannabe gangsta's actually do drive-bys & other stupid crap. Would rather have it & not need it than the other

way around.

Chris - Britfag?? Naw, I know it's a different world and there are things that we won't understand about each other. It is

your site & if it's that objectionable you can lock it, As I said in the first post I will respect your wishes. I would hope you

can keep an open mind.

If anyone in Kennasaw GA, US is reading this tell us about the (lack of) crime in your area. For our friends abroad, please

sit down before you go here.

http://www.mcsm.org/kennesaw.html

Nobody is complaining about showing pictures of guns - please continue to do that.

For those who don't know, in Britain most people can't own or fire any potentially lethal weapons. You can get a license from the police if you are a member of a shooting club, and air rifles are allowed for hunting, but not much more. Even the police don't carry weapons, apart from a small number of special units. I really believe that is a good thing, because nobody has any guns, it is really hard to get hold of guns, and for this reason gun crime is low. If anybody does do a driveby or hold up a bank or something, it is easy to find them (its the guy with the AK47 in his bedroom).

However, if everyone else had a gun, I wouldn't want to be the only person without one. That is one of America's problems from my point of view - you simply couldn't introduce a law banning ownership of guns, because most people would probably refuse to give theirs up.

The military is the obvious exception to the rule in Britain, so this is me with our SA80s:

twoguns.jpg

patrol.jpg

Thank you Gerard, your view is very enlightened for some one not from the US. And I appreciate your support.

I know the UK has extremely strict laws pertaining to the ownership of weapons. And we could probably clog the servers discussing the aspects of gun problems in the US (Please, don't do that). The fact is that as a whole (people in general), we may act civilized but are not. If someone decided they want to hurt someone else, they're going to do it. A gun only makes it convenient.

For what it's worth, the average American gun owner is very responsible & not prone to going off on a rampage. We don't

spend a month's pay on an AR-15 & use it for drive-bys. Most weapons used in crimes are stolen. I'll stop there as this going a little off the original topic. Depending on how this goes, I may start another at a later date.

PS - Gerard, I presume you are in the military. You've probably posted on that if you are but it's a big site.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

God damn. Americans. What do you guys have guns FOR? Shooting game? That's OK, but just for show, or worse, your own protection? Things are really that bad huh?

Oh don't mind me, I'm just your standard Britfag.... in the UK, unless you live in somewhere like Manchester, or East London, there isn't much gun crime at all in the country.

ROFLEZ, You can survive in Chile without a gun, with so many thiefs/robbers, for some 5 days ago, they robbed a woman (daytime, like 3 PM)...

I dont have any gun ATM, just wait untill i get some cash, we know someone that may sell us a gun...

:worship:

I'm guessing you also hear a lot on gun safety, that's good. A lot of people just don't realize how dangerous they can be.

BTW, which AK do you have, Russian, Bulgarian, etc.. looks nice.

Yea buddy. I take it serious. I know alot of kids that think they are toys and it bugs the piss out of me...

Its actually Romainian. :) If I spelt that right. Thanks man :) I will get a pic of my sniper rifle on here soon too buddy :D

Yeah let me just clarify I'm not against Americans because a large number of them own guns. It's just the fact that many of them own one simply to feel safe - that is worrying when you think of it like that. But it seems from that viewpoint that I'm weird because I reckon most Americans think that's just stupid to think of it like that (do tell me).

@7.62mm: It's spelt Romanian, only one i ;)

I dunno what people from other countries viewpoints are on guns, I might have a look on wikipedia at gun crime in different countries etc. and see what I can find.

Thanks, Jade.

Chris - Like I said, different worlds. The security thing is because we still have HUGE social problems to sort out. Granted, I call where I live "Da Hood" as kind of a joke, but we still have some problems with idiots & 911(Emergency Police call) can only respond so fast. 7.62 was dead on about people regarding weapons as toys (Full Point 7.62).

For what it's worth, I'm pleasantly surprised at the lack of American bashing here. I quit watching a lot of the news because people halfway around the world (I never met) get in front of a camera & can only say how evil I am or how god hates me. So far I haven't found any of that here & thanks for that.

Silberio - Maybe you should let the dog sleep indoors, just in case...

That would be a Wildcat conversion (Someone w/ the skills to do it themselves).

EDIT: The .50 AK mentioned earlier. My bad, was looking at wrong page.

Well, it's been a week & it's still here, so as promised.....

100_0376.jpg

Dragon Stealths, consider this my resume picture.

Photos courtesy of the "National Tattler".

(Authorities can neither confirm or deny the validity of photos.

100_0378.jpg

Edited by Urbanoutlaw