Love & Relationships Thread

Sherman

It's not just a political view. It's an opinion on stuff and differs from the majority of girls.

But then that's just people in my class and there really is nobody in my class who I like..

Uhm, how to grab the attention of a girl you know but barely ever talk with. If I ever to talk with her it's cause she said hi, but then I'm just like 'hi' and don't know what else to say. It's always on these weird moments...

In general I've got a voice that sounds as if I'm upset 24/7, so I usually try to get it to sound a bit happier at those times, but then it sounds incredibly fake. Wouldn't be surprised if they thought I'm actually not interested and just trying to act as if I am.

Also, how bad is it to have a slight moustache.. My mom isn't allowing me to get rid of it. Now of course I could je say 'fuck it' and do it anyway. But then I'm losing a large some of money and I don't think it's really worth it.

I want some serious answer for that BOLD Question.

Please>>>

I am desperate. >.<

Say Hi,ask her if she wants do to something,be yourself and grab a condom.(Just in case).

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to get the attention of a girl, you should just start talking to her, when she says 'Hi' you should you should say 'Hi' and compliment her on something, this way they wont feel threatened I think, but still be yourself and do feel under pressure, be happy at all times and in a sort of jokey mood, it works for most people I think and it will work for yous as well.

@Jace, I dont think talking politics is going to grab a girls attention especially if she doesn't agree with your view(s), you should try to talk about what she likes etc, latest movies and latest music, it more or less works most of the time.

@GTA Don

I dont think sex should be on your mind right away when you like someone, first you have to really get to know them, theres lots of good looking girls but with bitchy charachters and personalities, you have to have a good blend of looks and personality.

Compliments.. I always do it wrong (how much can one fail.. can't even just give a compliment). Or at least I'm getting the idea that I'm doing it wrong. Always sounds to me like I'm saying it on a way the one could take it as a sarcastic comment..

But I'll try though. I think it should kinda help. Especially clothes since girls are so fond of them.

I don't see why some of you guys think that you can't have an intelligent conversations with girls, you act like they only like clothes,etc...

Actually, I do.

I don't want to imply that they're dumb, far from. But they're interested much more in alpha subjects which are, IMO, not really subjects you can have intelligent conversations about.

Wait, that's totally wrong. Uhm.. how to word this.. Well for instance: liking a political party (yeah, we've got loads of 'em here) and not even knowing what they stand for. They know one thing and think they're great. I'm possitive that if they actually knew what the party stood for they'd hate it. The lack of the ability to reason things themselves. They can learn good, but it has to be 'as is'. Implying that what they're going to be asked is what they've learnt. They can't use the information they've got and reason other stuff out of that.

Now I'm only talking about the girls in my class. Obviously not every girl is like that (thank god).

So yeah. Only thing I've noticed they like to talk about is how much they need their friends, their vacation, how they didn't like doing something, talking about flowers and about clothes and everything else that requires no intelligence at all. I'm not saying that that's wrong. But sometimes you want to actually really talk about something.. discuss something. Not just 'ah, how cute' and everything else that basically has the same meaning as that.

But then my class pretty much sucks.. We've got this kind girl who's pretty hot too, but she's an absolute retard. Just a little... weird. Like suddenly making weird movements for absolutely no reason at all (and that's not a sickness BTW).

Hey but fuck. Camp is coming soon (yeah, 7 months away :P) and that actually is the place to get someone. Granted, I've got enough self-knowledge to know that I'm not the most handsome person there is, so I'll have to play it different and still be me (I hate people who fake their personality). As far as I know, we'll be on boats. No idea how that will be, but probably we'll have a few boats which will... Shit. Come to think of it, I really hope we WON'T have a few boats. That'll mean that we're separated.

Ok, assume we've got one boat. Limited amount of rooms. Boy and girls won't share rooms but they can go to eachothers rooms anyway. We're bound to have a evening when you need to get a date for some event.

What is the best way to do this? There's this girl who's going on camp too I think, well.. you can see what I want to say.

Thing is that I think she might be a bit to far out of reach. To talk with her now and then. Never had any problems with (like I do with most) and is very friendly. Infact she's the cause of me being 'camp-king 2007' last year, though she doesn't actually know that.

I'll be 15 then and I think that's the age to actually have a gf, or at least close to (I am NOT talking about sex BTW). So you guys being the people who already have a GF might be able to give some good advise.

I've got no idea what girls like and hate about me..

I think they'd hate my "you're responsible for your own life" attitude..somehow. My temper.. though I never get annoyed with girls I actually like (obviously..). I'm working on that though. It's actually paying off. I never thought it would, but it really does make a big change on how they threat you. I tend to have a 'I don't care' voice, even when I'm actually facinated. So I try to sound a bit more cheerfull, but I don't fake happiness though.

Then, like... Uh, lol. I don't know. Maybe my way of talking? Usually people find it funny (especially when it's having remarks about something or someone). Don't know if that's something possitive or negative though. I guess a combination of the two. So possitive.. I don't really know.

Anyway, just give some starting tips.

@MrLlammaLlamma: lol@those tempting moments. I never can resist cause I never thought I really should, though did have doubts. I'll keep that in my mind ;)

Welcome to my boring life, where social contact is as lively as my hamster (hint, hint).

My class sucks, there is just one girl that matters.

My GF yes. I can have interesting chats with her, about mostly anything, we have been together for 5 months. I helped her with few problems she had.(drunk father, people who bullied her).

It is not hard to have conversations with girls, but the girls in my class talk about High School Musical and shit so I like to annoy them with random stuff :).

Most of the girls you people know are boring as hell, IMO.

I love intelligent conversations about life and all and I can REALLY get into it but I'd rather talk about video games and sports and X-Men and cartoons and cars. I hate sitting down and talking about make up and clothes and LIKE LOL WHICH ACTOR WOULD YOU MARRY LOLOLOLOL and shit like that. The one thing I love to talk about more than what I just mentioned though is psychology. I love talking to people about why they act and think the way they do and everyone shits bricks when I talk about it because they agree 100%.

Females mature earlier than guys do, that is why most guys can't really sit and have a serious convo with a female. While she wants to talk about kids and marriage, the guy would rather be playing video games or watching sports.

Most of the girls you people know are boring as hell, IMO.

I love intelligent conversations about life and all and I can REALLY get into it but I'd rather talk about video games and sports and X-Men and cartoons and cars. I hate sitting down and talking about make up and clothes and LIKE LOL WHICH ACTOR WOULD YOU MARRY LOLOLOLOL and shit like that. The one thing I love to talk about more than what I just mentioned though is psychology. I love talking to people about why they act and think the way they do and everyone shits bricks when I talk about it because they agree 100%.

Females mature earlier than guys do, that is why most guys can't really sit and have a serious convo with a female. While she wants to talk about kids and marriage, the guy would rather be playing video games or watching sports.

Finally someone proves my point of view.

Men and women have very different ways of thinking. What is very important for a woman probably means next to nothing to a man and vice versa. Both genders worry about different things and want to do the same things but at different stages of life (example: females are ready for kids at a younger age but a guy would prefer to wait until he is older to settle down and have a family). I think that is mostly why men and women can have a hard time sitting down and talking. They look at situations and assess them differently.

So you solve a generalization about women with one about men?

Men don't want to talk about marriage and kids until they are ready for such things and with someone they want to have that with. So men might change the subject to "less mature" because they are uncomfortable talking about kids with some girl they just started dating.

And there are plenty of mature men out there you just have to find them. Just like there are girls who only want to talk about celebrities and fashion well into their 30's, and others who would rather debate politics in their teens.

So you solve a generalization about women with one about men?

Men don't want to talk about marriage and kids until they are ready for such things and with someone they want to have that with. So men might change the subject to "less mature" because they are uncomfortable talking about kids with some girl they just started dating.

And there are plenty of mature men out there you just have to find them. Just like there are girls who only want to talk about celebrities and fashion well into their 30's, and others who would rather debate politics in their teens.

You DID notice that I said "most", right? Oh right, you didn't. You assumed that I was saying ALL (you should probably read the post you are responding to BEFORE you respond :) ).

You DID notice that I said "most", right? Oh right, you didn't. You assumed that I was saying ALL (you should probably read the post you are responding to BEFORE you respond :) ).

Nope I noticed it. "Most" is a generalization of "most men" "there are some" is not a generalization, just a statement that there are some men.

See how that works?

Uhh, well I just turned 14...

And this girl a year younger then me who goes to my school but we randomly met on Bebo starts talking to me. And well, I have MANY MANY interesting and funny conversations with her, sometimes I can scroll up for a minute on MSN going through the 4 hour conversation I just had with her and well one of her besties told me one day that she liked me in which stopped me in my tracks. I saw her as a very good friend but I didn't see her in that way...

Well after a while she got over me and now she's got her own BF but I still maintain a very strong friendship with her and she doesn't see me in that way anymore...

THEN, there's that girl I like in my class...

• 4 months later...

Girls lol i am shy around them but most of them are so damn petty and materialistic about things and obsess over actors and blah blah blah!(atleast the ones at my school)and what bothers me the most is if they are scared of bugs....but there are girls i can have a conversation with that doesn't completely bore me but most of them only care about things that happened around the school so there isn't anything real interesting about the ones here

• 2 months later...
Same hee, I want to be able to have a proper conversation, not having to listen to girls go on about how this guy from some band is "fit". BORING!

Bah,I hate those kinda chicks I mean, I guarantee they are capable to like the most annoying band ever, just cos some member in it happens to be hot. Rihanna is hot, I don't like her music.

Well im not going to create a male version of this topic so ill just post this here.

I found out a week ago that I have an anxiety disorder. It's really bad and humiliating (there's a bit of info on wikipedia). I've had it for a year but it's worsened in the last couple of weeks.

Anyway, my boyfriend promised to help me through it and stand by me, but lately he's just changed, he's not there for me and isn't supporting me much at all, just tonight it got quite bad and I asked if we could talk, he said he would ring soon as he was busy, 40 mins later her rings and i get out of bed to talk to him. I start to confide in him about how i'm feeling and he almost completely switches off and starts ignoring me, he's the only one i've got and he constantly puts the computer before me, instead of listening to me and helping me he'd rather play games or visit forums, I asked him to put it aside for 5 mins to talk to me and he said no and kept going. He eventually texted me to say "right i'm going" and hung up on me. I wasn't smothering him either, i'd given up trying to talk to him and he decided to hang up.

I really don't know what to do I feel rejected and blocked out by the one person you'd think would want to help me through my problem. It's caused my mental and physical health to deteriorate rapidly in the past week and I don't know what I can do if my partner of 3 and a half years refuses to help me.