Love & Relationships Thread

Sherman

thats exactly right Jade. I have no respect for slutty girls, they just have no self respect or shame. They are just very insecure and want to reassurance to make them feel better about themselves, even though they are just being used.

I've seen your pictures and I don't get why people think you're a slut. You look NOTHING like one. I could understand if maybe you had your chest hanging out everywhere but you dress nicely. People who think that about you must say that because they are jealous of you. You're a nice looking girl and probably get attention that they don't but you don't have to have your ass hanging out to get that attention and that is why they are jealous so they have to try to bring you down so they can feel better.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to remember when arguing. Don't argue to win. Argue to solve the problem. Berating the other person to make them say "you win" will ultimatley be the downfall of most relationships.

Very good point draftermatt......

I will bear this in mind... thanks ^_^

And none of the girls i hang around with are really 'sluts', except when drunk... Lol me and andy signing at daisy...hehe :P Sorry, reminiscing there.hmm... yeah..

And as for your question sky, i don't think it should matter how long you've known someone, as long as you're pretty sure you're not gonna make an ass of yourself, and that you don't say something along the lines of 'Fuckin' 'ell love! Nice Tits! PHWOOAAARR!' then you should be good... ;)

But save the major - kinda compliments till later.. if you get what i mean (i tryed to think of an example, promise..but..err.. mmm :zZZ:

Heh, yeah. I don't want to say things now, and have nothing to say later on when things are really there, you know?

If you don't feel like saying anything right now, that's fine... At least you can't mess up (unless not giving compliments is 'messing up' but, y'know...)

And, by the time things are 'really there' You'll soon pick up on little things you really like about a person. Happens all the time to me ^_^ , not just with my GF, but other people aswell. But, as time goes on, you'lll realise there's things you don't lie about someone either... So grin and bear it, soory.

And, if all else fails go for the (i feel like such a wuss saying this <_< ) 'Inner beauty' remark. *shudder* Though it's and over - used cliche, some people like it, but don't take any chances if you think they wont take to it....

And inner beauty... wtf? Its all just guts and crap... Tasty!

Thanks Jade ^_^ I doubt its the way I act as Im really shy.

I just wonder with guys is looks the most important thing with girls, do you guys reject a very nice girl because she isnt good looking enough? Just wondering as sometimes I wonder if its true

I'm obviously not a guy but I think I can answer that...kinda <_<

There are of course lots of guys who don't care as much about looks and actually do go for things like personality. IMO, people who just go for looks are shallow as hell but that's a whole other topic.

I think that because guys are more visual than women, they go for the pretty faces as opposed to the nice girl. Women are more into nice guy who is comforting and is a shoulder to cry on and caring and makes her feel protected. I know that I am personally not into that macho muscle man type, it's nasty to me. It's more personality for women and looks for guys.

Yeah, but what if it's an arguement over what you were doing at her best friends house last night? Or something similar...

What exactly would anyone be trying to "win" in that situation? If all you want is the person to say what they did, that's the point of the argument. You stick to that point and don't stray. You don't bring up something the other person did, (especially if it has no bearing) or bring up families, that type of thing. Stick to the topic.

I'm obviously not a guy but I think I can answer that...kinda <_<

There are of course lots of guys who don't care as much about looks and actually do go for things like personality. IMO, people who just go for looks are shallow as hell but that's a whole other topic.

I think that because guys are more visual than women, they go for the pretty faces as opposed to the nice girl. Women are more into nice guy who is comforting and is a shoulder to cry on and caring and makes her feel protected. I know that I am personally not into that macho muscle man type, it's nasty to me. It's more personality for women and looks for guys.

Yeh but guys get urges and will just go with what they can get, average looks and personality, not our fault, blame the homrones :D. Damn i need a new girlfriend...

Not to interrupt discussion but does anyone else think it would be a good idea if we renamed this "The Relationship help topic"?

Reason being that we do have girls here too, and unless they're lesbian or bi they aren't going to get help from here, changing it to the title above will make it unisex so the girls can use this topic for when they have "guy problems".

Long distance relationships kinda suck, but they can work out I guess if you're both committed.

But the bad things are:

you don't see them very often

can be harder to trust them - it's easy for them to have a relationship with someone else, and harder for you to find out

it's harder to get to know each other personally since you won't be with each other as often

phone bills will be pretty high, or internet usage, whatever

Long distance relationships kinda suck, but they can work out I guess if you're both committed.

But the bad things are:

can be harder to trust them - it's easy for them to have a relationship with someone else, and harder for you to find out

it's harder to get to know each other personally since you won't be with each other as often

Sometimes though, not seeing them often is better. For example, my husband was on midnight shift from September to January and then he was on afternoon shift (130PM-10PM) and my shift is 7AM-330PM so I only saw him for about a minute or two at work (we work at the same place) when he was on afternoons and on the weekends he would wake up at around 3PM so I would get maybe 6 hours with him and that was it. When he was on midnights, I pretty much just talked to him everyday. The thing is, it makes you miss them more. People tend to get irritated for no reason if they se each other all the time so when you have a break like this, it brings you closer. That lasted from September until May. Now he on dayshift (1030AM-7PM) so I get more time with him and on weekends we wake up at the same time.

I think it realy depends how far in the relationship you are though. If you are just starting out, chances are, one or both partners will cheat. This can happen to people who have been together for a while too but people starting out don't really get the same feelings for each other as people who have been together and been through a lot.

But the bad things are:

Yeah thats what I think also, also I may run out of thing to talk about, I will only have "How you doing, what you doing this weekend, etc" That will eventually get boring. Well my chance is coming up this Thursday, I plan on saying "I cant ask you out because we leave pretty far" and she says "lets try it" then I'll go for it.

The only days I can see her, maybe weekends (I doubt I can be over there every weekend), some weekdays, when school is out early. I'll see what I an do. :mellow:

I have a friend who is in an internet relationship, she is 16 and he is 15. To me its a bad idea as they will never meet, but they are enagaged. To be honest I think they are just deluded. He broke up with her for a guy then came back and they started "dating" again. She seemed he seemed sorry but how could he when its msn?!?! Makes no sense.

Thats the kind of long distance relationship I dont agree with.

When your talking about that kind of Long distance relations, I can under stand, it wont work. But when its just on the East of you, Then it gets difficult cuz your not sure what to do.

I was playing Halo once, and these 2 people said they where together, so I tell them where they live at. One of them say Michigan the other I forgot (somewhere in the East coast). They met on Halo, and they promise me they where going to meet once they turned 18. I wonder if it happened, I doubt it.

Edited by Charger

Bear beat me to that one, but she's right. Right away is fine for most as long as they're not some cheesy line like "Oh god

you're so HOT!!" "you make me SOOO horny"... That kinda stuff.

Things like "I like your hair" or "that looks good on you" ("You look good in that" could imply you think the clothes/hair/etc are what make them look good, Psychos look for that) are usually good. Sometimes a well placed sincere compliment really makes someone feel better.