Will GTA IV still have a clustering problem?

As a GTA fanboy I am always looking at new screen shots as they are released. But anyways I was looking at some of these newer screenshots and saw there was a cluster of a few of the same cars. This makes me wonder will GTA IV still have some of the same clustering problems. Like clusters of the same people and cars and so on.

Here's what I mean.

Copyofbridge2_oe4.jpg

Copyofblack_car_oe3.jpg

No I don't think so, I heard somewhere that they were going to try to get rid of that problem, and besides there's still 5 more months, they gotta take care of that

Yeah I heard about that too. I just thought it was gettin close to deadline. But infact when it's put in scope it's a while away still. I just have always saw clustering to be a sizable flaw and frankly annoying. I hope it's fixed in the final product. After all this GTA is supposed to be more realistic, and you don't see ten of the same cars traveling down the same street at the same time in real life.

Could someone explain what clustering means? I can't see anything wrong O.o.

Clustering means there is a "cluster" of the same pedestrians or cars or other objects in the environment that are randomly placed.

As I play GTA SA I look around for some cool cars to drive but all I see is taxis, police cruisers, and the same old broke down hoopty I've been seeing for the last five minutes. No one else finds that annoying besides me?

Question : Why do I see the same car 2x or 3x both the trailer and the "new pics" ?

It must be one of this answers but I dunno which one ...

1. R* wants to keep some things secret so that`s why they keep showing us 2x or more the same cars/peds in their pics ...

2. They had a limited number of vehicles/peds to put in the trailer and the demo that they gave to GI/PSM/OPM etc

3. "Clustering" is still in the game ...

Clustering has been mentioned in most previews as a problem that has been FIXED in GTA IV.

What you're looking at here is development screens/footage. It is likely that there are not yet all the models/skins for vehicles/peds yet, so it may appear to you that there is some clustering going on, but we're assured this won't be the case with the final game.

Clustering has been mentioned in most previews as a problem that has been FIXED in GTA IV.

What you're looking at here is development screens/footage. It is likely that there are not yet all the models/skins for vehicles/peds yet, so it may appear to you that there is some clustering going on, but we're assured this won't be the case with the final game.

Very cool. That's really reassuring. I was just saying if they wanna make it realistic the clustering needs to go.

Yep thats pretty annoying me also.

OOh, sexy grammar.

Does anyone know why whenever you get a car, 20 of the same car you have appears? I used to think that maybe it was easier to load like 20 of the same car on the map, but thats pretty stupid. so can someone tell me?

One of the things I liked about Saints Row was you might see a lot of the same cars, but they had different parts on them &

were in Various conditions, You'd see several of the same model, but one was a convertible, One had spoilers & nice wheels

& one was a rust bucket. Still clumping (aka clustering), but put some variation in them. Would like to see that in GTA 4.

Have seen mention the peds will have variations in a few mags.

One of the things I liked about Saints Row was you might see a lot of the same cars, but they had different parts on them &

were in Various conditions, You'd see several of the same model, but one was a convertible, One had spoilers & nice wheels

& one was a rust bucket. Still clumping (aka clustering), but put some variation in them. Would like to see that in GTA 4.

Have seen mention the peds will have variations in a few mags.

That's stupid. I think you should have some variation but still get rid of the clustering.

well, they are trying so hard you know.

besides it's not like it is a big problem, fix the cluster thing

i don't mind if i see two same people at a time in a game.

It includes vehicles, also but I agree with you. I noticed Vice City Stories had less clustering so I don't think there will be much in GTA IV.

That's not stupid, stop & think of what it would cost to have a machine (PC, X-BOX or PS2) that could support a game w/

enough cars to accurately depict the diversity in cars alone. The .IMG file (File that all the game models are kept in) alone for SA is 896 meg (VI, unedited). Adding the accessories would ease that burden & at least give the illusion of more

cars. The same could be done w/ peds through clothing options, color of clothes, hair color & length. hats, etc...

The only example of this I've seen so far in GTA is a few cars that showed up as convertibles.

As for the clustering (The game calling up the same model in groups around the player), we'll have to wait for the game to come out to see if they actually fix the problem.

That's not stupid, stop & think of what it would cost to have a machine (PC, X-BOX or PS2) that could support a game w/

enough cars to accurately depict the diversity in cars alone. The .IMG file (File that all the game models are kept in) alone for SA is 896 meg (VI, unedited). Adding the accessories would ease that burden & at least give the illusion of more

cars. The same could be done w/ peds through clothing options, color of clothes, hair color & length. hats, etc...

The only example of this I've seen so far in GTA is a few cars that showed up as convertibles.

As for the clustering (The game calling up the same model in groups around the player), we'll have to wait for the game to come out to see if they actually fix the problem.

No it's not stupid to have variations in the cars, but it is stupid to see 10 of the same cars with a few variations to them as a cheap way to mask the fact that there is a shit load of clustering and very few cars. Yes that is what happened in Saints Row. That is one reason why it sucked so badly.