GTA 4 pre release

Should there be Demos for games?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Demos for games?

• Yes, they are good
    • No, they spoil the game

I pulled this off the page announcing the demo.

http://forums.xbox.com/5821930/ShowPost.aspx

I got there by Google search for: GTA 4 demo.

Also VW really has a full sized spare tire, Wendy's has a $.99 Chicken sandwich & the hairclog in Michle Bolten's

shower is 17 feet long....

Have a look at when that topic was made, it was made back in August 2006, so it's almost 100% false information.

Try the link, date at top of page is 06/03/07.

Just for the record, played Saint's Row into the ground. It was decent, but not GTA.

Just Copied this from the page.

Rockstar Games Confirms GTA4 Demo to hit Market Place Soon

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4

Grand Theft Auto 4 Playable Demo

In this huge demo from Rockstar games and Rockstar North, strap on a piece and your purple nine and go to war with the other rival gangs . There might be authority figures up there somewhere, but down here on the streets, the gangs are all that matter.

Experience the music, the weapons, and the rides that you'll get to know and love in this exclusive Grand Theft Auto 4 demo of the highly anticipated criminal warfare title, exclusive to Xbox 360™. Bring your bling and style to the streets as you face down rival gangs.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Now go to the link in post # 25, the one you went to (for Rockstar games) was part of the text from the link I was talking about (an Xbox link).

This one -

http://forums.xbox.com/5821930/ShowPost.aspx

I just tried it & it works,

That topic was posted LAST YEAR. IN AUGUST. And as stated IN THE TOPIC, the description of the game is so completely wrong.

Also, it would ruin the fun of picking up the game for the first time and seeing everything, playing the first missions, getting use to the new stuff, etc.

GTA demo = FAIL.

?????

The topic is listed as GTA4 Demo & in the first post of the thread, ps3 player asked about a demo for GTA 4.

All I did was pass on the information that X-box Live Market place said they would have one for download (no date specified)

that came from their site & made no mention of that information changing, so as far as they're saying they still plan to

have it available.

As for ruining the game with a demo, Don't play it. I would have saved a chunk of $$$ if I'd played demos of

Scarface : the world is yours or DRIV3R. You wanna see pissed, look at the Scarface forums. People claiming to pay

$50-$60 (US, or up to 80 euros) for a game that had been promised since before San Andreas only to be released full of

bugs. On the other hand, I've bought games based on the demos, like Star Wars Dark Forces (OLD game, ran on DOS 5

on a 486DX.

My point is, someone asked an intelligent question & I tried to give an intelligent answer & now this is where it's going.

I know this is a little off topic, but gimme a little faith. I'm not making this up.

i put both. because this topic is a little dumb. There wont be for gta4. not like its proven or anything but its a 99 percent chance there wont be. it does ruin the game, especially for gta. some games like WoW or a shooter or anything like that its fine. But not for gta4.

I voted no, because i think that it will spoil the game to get an unfinished version and when you get the real version you dont get that wow feeling when you start the game, and i dont think R* will so it either...

On demos in general, I think they are a good idea for most games, so you know what it's like before buying it (cheap on ebay) - but for GTAIV or any open-city game like it, it's not really a good idea in my opinion, it'd look stupid and be totally unnecessary because everybody is going to buy it anyway!