Required carcols.dat and carmods.dat, Thanks

Fad

Hallo, everyone. I recently tried one of mods placed on this site. I can't remember which one exeactly but i do know that it caused my game to become corrupt.

After thorough investigation i found that carcols.dat and carmods.dat were causing it. I had backed up gta3.img and player.img but forgot to back up carcols.dat and carmods.dat, and thats why im requesting both of them.

Thanks if you reply and i greatly appreciate if i could play the game again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo, jeder. Ich versuchte kürzlich einen von auf dieser seite gelegten mods. Ich kann mich nicht erinnern, der genau aber ich wirklich weiß, dass es mein spiel veranlasste, korrupt zu werden.

Nach der gründlichen untersuchung fand ich, dass carcols.dat und carmods.dat es verursachten. Ich hatte gta3.img und player.img unterstützt aber vergaß, carcols.dat und carmods.dat, und thats warum im die frage um sie beide zu unterstützen.

Danke, wenn sie antworten und ich schätzt außerordentlich, wenn ich das spiel wieder spielen konnte.

Here is the line for FELTZER, as pulled from the original CARMODS.DAT file:

feltzer, nto_b_l, nto_b_s, nto_b_tw

& the line form CARCOLS.DAT (also original)

feltzer, 73,1, 74,1, 75,1, 77,1, 79,1, 83,1, 84,1, 91,1

I've yet to run into problems editing CARCOLS as long as all the cars are listed, but I know you have to watch CARMODS as I think it calls models in game.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you're running Linux, start a thread in the computer & technical forums, let the rest of us know what you did to get your

games to work w/ Linux. I would be very interested, thanks.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I want an alternative to Microslop.

Ill doo that soon, although i did it through Cadega (Paid for).

Ill try a way to get games running with WINE too, hopefully i will and post the required DLL's needed for it to execute successfully.

Microslop

100% with you there.

Fad

• 5 years later...