Possible New GTA IV Feature Revealed in OXM

Chris

The July issue of Official Xbox Magazine in the USA seems to have revealed a new feature that none of the other magazines have picked up on so far. The following quote from the magazine describes when Niko approached a car fom behind a prompt appeared on screen saying "Press LB to open boot", (that's 'trunk' for you Americans), the LB button on th Xbox controller is equivalent to the L1 button on PlayStation controllers.

"We also noted how, when Niko approached a parked sedan from behind in preparation to carjack it, an interface prompt approached in the upper-left corner of the screen: "Press LB to open boot." Boot, of course, is the British term for "trunk," leading us to wonder just what we might be able to stash in the backs of our cars-weapons, bombs, kidnapped people? Or even more interestingly, what we might discover in other people's boo-er trunks? For the moment Rockstar isn't saying."

Nothing more was said on it, as clearly Rockstar don't want to discuss this right now. It isn't clear whether we'll only be able to use the boot of a car at certain points in the game or on certain missions, or whether we'll be able to make use of it whenever we wish to.

Let us know what you think in our forums.

Source: GTAForums post

Cool, and yes I hope that you can stash your weapons there, so you can hold in your hands just a knife + secondary gun

( MP5, Uzi etc. ) and the primary gun ( M4A1, AK47 etc. ) and the other weapons in the trunk ...

If you can carry people in the back of the trunk that would be :thumbsup:

Only thing I would dislike about that is that we'll have to take good care about our car then...

Yeah that`s a very bad thing... Sometimes when your car is in flames you don`t have time to get back your weapons from the trunk ... so all weapons lost, waste of time and money ...

There have been rumours about this for a few weeks and now it appears to be true. I can't say it's a bad addition, but I'm not sure if I'll use it, unless you're forced to put your 'heavy' weapons in the back instead of simply scrolling through them to reach the one you want, like in all previous games, in which case I'll have to. If it merely gives you the option of putting stuff in the trunk rather than forcing it upon you, then that's okay. Also, if your car gets wrecked, I presume all your weapons do as well, which is a big downside.

Yeah, I'm with Queenie.....

Kinda sounds liek SCAFACE if you stash more weapons and ammo......but hopefully some upgrades and able to put totally different stuff in there.

Man with New York + modding for stunting=so much freaking fun, and then add a person in the truck and I've reached heaven :) .

Just imagine how crazy fan made video series are going to be with GTAIV once something like "IV Studios" is made...after GTAIV comes out on the PC of course.

guys, this feature could be very useful! perhaps we could carry more stuff than we were used to have

i hope the trunk can store so many stuff so i wouldn't carry so much stuff like rpg's anymore

now maybe we don't have to buy weapon if we want to change it, we could store deagles, while carrying silencer berreta!!! :thumbsup:

I'm with Nate who's with Queenie :P I just hope you aren't forced to carry weapons in there. Like the others I'd most likely destroy the car and lose all my weapons which would suck a lot...

With all these new features I can't wait for GTA IV. And yeah OGTAM, you're right about all the fan made videos. Can't wait to watch those either. :D