GTAIV's Algonquin vs True Crime's Manhattan

GTAIV's Algonquin vs True Crime's Manhattan  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will GTAIV's Alonquin beat True Crime's Manhattan in terms of realistic size?

• Yes
    • No

I've recently been playing True Crime NYC, and I wonder how the two versions of Mahattan will compare. Manhattan is the core of NYC - where most of the action happens, and is of great importance to any game set in New York.

True Crime uses GPS mapping to give a near-perfect representation of the road system on Manhatten (Manhatten is the only part of NYC in True Crime) it means you have to drive for a long time even at high speed to get to the other end of the island, I can honestly say it creates one seriously vast and atmospheric game. I'm not saying True Crime have done too well - very very very few variety of speech, poor conversion to PC, few models and a few stupid bugs, but the overall effect is an unbelievable vastness that really draws you into the game.

As for GTAIV, well we haven't been told exactly how accurate it will be, certainly nothing on GPS mapping, but will it be the same size as True Crime? I sure hope so. In reality, San Andreas was huge, and if GTAIV is going to be that big as they claim, then there's every chance of a realistic Manhattan.

If anybody has any evidence that GTAIV's Alonquin is going to be the same size as True Crime's Manhattan, then please show it here, I'd love to know what they've got planned.

Is this really necessary?

We all know that GTAIV is gonna blow away Saints Row,True Crime,Getaway and all other similiar games

together!

haha, you're too confident man, but you know, you are right, GTA IV is definitely trying hard to beat those games

and i'm also sure they are going to success! :lol:

and i have a really big hope that it's gonna beat the details and the size of manhattan

have you compare spiderman 2 & 3 the game with GTA IV? the manhattan is pretty good detailed in the 3rd spdrmn

Oh I agree with you all that GTAIV will be the better game, by far! But personally I'd love a fully-realistic NYC with all the interactivity and fun of GTA.

Means that those of us without the ..... "privilege" of living there get to experience it just the same, without ever having to get shot for real! :D

Edited by Alistair

well we'll never know until it comes out...but i wonder how they going to make the ghetto and rich neigborhood....i do think it will be relly cool if they have a realistic manhattan...but they doudt it my mind dat gta4 will be best game out this year with the next gen system....and GTA IV will bury all the other wannabe games like True Crime, Saint Row, Gateway, Driver in the dust....Rockstar and gta have been in da game for a long time since ps1...and they know what we as fans...and they would dileiver it...like always....and ill know how realistic the game will be compared to NY when i play it...cause ill compare it with the city i live in...NYC...the best city in the world...lol

4 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS LEFT TILL GTA IV....DAMN THAT SEEMS A LONG TIME...CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Edited by pakihustla