The in-car camera basically acts as a first-person view, where you're able to look around across the bonnet (hood)

The thought of crashing makes me think that if crashing your car will be as realistic as in real life. I think it'd be awesome that if you didn't wear your seatbelt and you got in a huge crash you'd fly out sorta like that car game where you would use your body flying out of the car in tons of mini-games. Can't remember the name now, but I'll look through my gaming magazine and find it. But yeah, if indeed this happened it'd getting annoying flying out of the car plus a bit unrealistic too now that I think about it. So yeah scratch that thought.

Artur, I think that's True Crime NYC - sometimes you hit cars and drivers flies out and it says "always wear your seatbelt!" ha, it's quite clever!

Mafia had a similar camera view if you remember, on the hood (basically where the windscreen wipers are), I think that's what they mean not an actual in-car cockpit view. But personally my favourite is the behind and up a bit view of GTA3, it just looks swankier.

Heh, never knew that happened in True Crime :) I was talking about Flatout. There even used to be an arcade game here at TGTAP forums. You basically just play mini-games involving throwing your driver out of the windshield such as baseball, bowling and much more. I've never actually played the game but it looks quite fun, especially with the ragdoll physics.

If the first person view actually shows the interior of the car something else I think would look cool is when you would change radio stations you would actually see Niko's hand come off the steering wheel and change the radio station. It'd make the game much more realistic instead of the previous games where protagonists would use they're psychic powers to change the radio. :P

Heh, never knew that happened in True Crime :) I was talking about Flatout. There even used to be an arcade game here at TGTAP forums. You basically just play mini-games involving throwing your driver out of the windshield such as baseball, bowling and much more. I've never actually played the game but it looks quite fun, especially with the ragdoll physics.

If the first person view actually shows the interior of the car something else I think would look cool is when you would change radio stations you would actually see Niko's hand come off the steering wheel and change the radio station. It'd make the game much more realistic instead of the previous games where protagonists would use they're psychic powers to change the radio. :P

Yep, Flatout. Those minigames kicked a** lol.

Personally, I'd think this is cool for a bit but I would change back if we can. And if we can't I'd think that's gay. This is GTA, not a driving game so I don't think they should focus insanely with that, I'd like it just like SA, or just able to change views.

Yeah no problem. We should just stick to Flatout for that kind of fun. :P

Something else that would be awesome to see from first-person view is when you drive your car into the water and your car starts to fill up. With the new water graphics and car details it'd be something interesting to watch.

yeah then you woudnt be able to open the door till the car is full.

crashing into stuff throws blocks and crap onto your hood. same with crashing into a car.

If you played MGS:3 you would know that if you killed someone in first person view, blood would go on to the view, showing a much more realistic view. If it shows you running over a pedestrian and he's stuck on the hood, and your in first person view from the car, you can see him. It's going to be impressive to that.(If it does).

Edited by Tommy Montana