GTA IV Screenshots and Previews Galore!

Chris

*UPDATE*: I have uploaded the unwatermarked versions of the screenshots, which hopefully you'll find are a little nicer to look at.

*UPDATE 2*: Added some very high resolution official artwork and better quality screenshots.

Several gaming websites have all published previews of GTA IV today, all of them including some brand new screenshots, in addition to digital versions of all the screens we've seen in print over the past couple of months. There doesn't appear to be anything new said in the previews, but links to the various articles are after the screenshots below.

bridge1.jpg bstone.jpg dawn.jpg docknight.jpg dusk.jpg elevated_tracks.jpg full_auto.jpg heckler.jpg hill.jpg hood.jpg niko4.jpg rama.jpg shopper.jpg trainb.jpg inside_bar_oe1.jpg chinatown_oe2.jpg black_car_oe3.jpg bridge2_oe4.jpg

Official artwork and new logos:

GTAIV_logo_OnBlack.jpg GTAIV_logo_OnWhite.jpg

Car_Shoot_Out.jpg Niko_Shotgun.jpg Police.jpg

Articles: IGN, GameSpot, GamesRadar, 1UP.com, C&VG

Am I the only one who thinks the vehicle models don't look too good at the moment. I mean, this screen for example: http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=g...-auto-iv-07.jpg

That car is way too shiny, and what on earth is going with the reflections (look at the doors). Hope this is fixed in the final game.

Another demo glitch: http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=g...-auto-iv-09.jpg

Looks like the car in front of the taxi is being sucked into the middle of the bridge! (That's the taxi in the middle, not the bottom of the screen)

Sexual innuendo already: http://www.thegtaplace.com/images/gta4/scr...-auto-iv-06.jpg

Sign reads "Cher Kov" which is pronounced like jerk off, a sign lower down reads "please BLOW HORN"

But yeah those vehicle models and 'glitch' are my only concerns right now. Looking good otherwise.

I wonder did all three sites plan to release these on the same day?

Rockstar generally send assets (screenshots) to a number of websites all at once, so they have something to post with their preview.

Aaah, brilliance.

Are these on a specific console?

Actually yes they are, these particular ones are from an Xbox 360 demo, which is what Rockstar have been showing to all these magazines and websites. But Rockstar will most likely also produce PS3 versions which they will show to the press, and we'll no doubt get screens that have come from that console too.

Spaz is right saying both are probably going to look very similar. This is also supported by the fact that no website or magazine has actually put any emphasis on saying they come from a 360, suggesting that we probably won't be able to tell which console they've come from unless we're told.

The sky looks great... I like it`s blue color... Looks like is going to rain in one pic...

I also noticed the Didier Sachs clothes, but that guy doesn`t wear a suit or a tuxedo...And also the Africa Pendant, the black rag and the dark shades... Looks like that guy took his clothes from different clothe shop from San Andreas, the black rag and the Africa Pendant aren`t from Didier Sachs that`s for sure...

Edit: I looked closer and I`m not 100% the pendant is an African Pendant, the shape is similar but also slightly different...

I`m sure that guy is probably from Africa because it has a flag ( colors : red/yellow/green ) on the belt, also the shirt has these colors and also the pendant ... Probably this guy is from Cameroon... I`m gonna research...

Edit 2 : Lots of African countries have red, yellow and green on the flag

Edited by Gycu

Am I the only one who thinks the vehicle models don't look too good at the moment. I mean, this screen for example: http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=g...-auto-iv-07.jpg

That car is way too shiny, and what on earth is going with the reflections (look at the doors). Hope this is fixed in the final game.

Another demo glitch: http://www.thegtaplace.com/image.php?img=g...-auto-iv-09.jpg

Looks like the car in front of the taxi is being sucked into the middle of the bridge! (That's the taxi in the middle, not the bottom of the screen)

You do have to remember that the engine that render the game is not final, and so also for the vehicles. I know of at least one that was shown in the trailer that still had stuff to be done on it. About the "demo glitch", that is an interesting one.

I don't think it's much of a glitch, and there is actually a slight chance they released that screenshot to so many magazines and online sites on purpose. I mean, they obviously look through the screens before sending them out, and you spot that clearly within 2 seconds.

The guy on the left is likely Niko, and they could've gotten out of that car, climbed on top of the bridge, activated the free-aim camera and took a shot. So yeah, could be that they wanted fans to speculate you can even climb that good... Niko perhaps a former gymnast ? :P

Edited by Adriaan

The screenshots are nice, but they seem a little fuzzy.

Yeah a bit low quality if you ask me.

The guy on the left is likely Niko, and they could've gotten out of that car, climbed on top of the bridge, activated the free-aim camera and took a shot. So yeah, could be that they wanted fans to speculate you can even climb that good... Niko perhaps a former gymnast ? :P

Heh, yeah maybe GTA IV is going all Prince of Persia style :P It'd be really cool if you could climb almost anywhere though.