• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

Rockstar have just announced through a press release that a "special edition" of Grand Theft Auto IV will be made available for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. The special edition includes a little more than you normally get with "special edition" versions of popular games, details below from the press release.

The Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition will be presented in a customized Grand Theft Auto metal safety deposit box. The box will contain:

• Grand Theft Auto IV on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system or the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, both with special packaging
  • The Grand Theft Auto IV Art Book, featuring never-before-seen production artwork from Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release
  • An exclusive Rockstar keychain for the safety deposit box keys
  • Completing the collection is a limited edition Rockstar duffel bag

This special edition will set you back $89.99 (RRP) in the USA, prices for other regions have not yet been confirmed.

Link: Take 2 Press Release

#2 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:07 PM

Tip to those of you who think it's a bit expensive, look online. In many countries, online retailers can afford to knock down the RRP a fair bit so you can save a bit of money by ordering online.

In the UK, the RRP of 360 and PS3 games is £49.99, however, you won't find many online retailers selling as this price, most have at least £5, usually £10 off. In fact, most special editions can be bought for £49.99, where their RRP is usually somewhere around £59.99.

#3 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

Damn it things cost more here in Canada

#4 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Will this be coming out the same day the "regular" GTAIV will be coming out?

Edit: Nvm, it's coming out on October 16. So it is coming out at same time? Lol, I suddenly don't remember when "regular" version is coming out...

Edited by Nate10, 21 May 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#5 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

Oh shnapps, I think I need to change my preorder...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#6 DareDevilX

DareDevilX

my favourite stunter :p

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Montenegro 

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

rofl...hihihi...
I'll spend like 5 euros on it and enjoy it full time. :P

There aren't legal shops in my town.Really!

And if there are they sell some old games,not a single new game!

Well,there are legal shops in surrounding towns but who would bother traveling only to spend money?!

"Intelligent person kills with argumentative insulting on civilised way."- W1k1n6

#7 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

Sweet! I must go and get a copy...even if I don't have a PS3! lol

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#8 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

Ah sweet, I'm gona get the special edition, sounds good!

Nothing to see here, move along

#9 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

Will it actually have stuff like extra missions and all that.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#10 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

I think I'll get the special edition, it sounds like it's worth it. I just looked through some online sites and see no sign of the special edition version, but I'm sure it will appear over the next 3 months.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#11 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

Interesting, San Andreas had a special edition released in 2005 ( due to the Hot Cofee scandal ) which had a bonus movie ( 20 minutes ) ... But looks like this time it will be different, and bonus items are a good thing... I ain`t gonna rush to buy the special edition... Anyways there is more than 1 year `till I might be able to play GTA 4, and I won`t buy the special version that`s for sure...
Posted Image

#12 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

I'm deffinetly getting the special edition...I'm just wondering if I have to go back to the store I pre-ordered it at to let them know I want the special edition...

#13 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

I'm deffinetly getting the special edition...I'm just wondering if I have to go back to the store I pre-ordered it at to let them know I want the special edition...

Since they are technically two different products I'm rather certain you'd want to do that.

If I have the money and a PS3 or 360 by that time I'll get it.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#14 V

V

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

Intruging. Will this be available for PC?

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

#15 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:52 PM

I now want GTAIV much more..
Yeah, is it for PC too?
I'll probably end up buying a PS3 anyhow, unless i upgrade my PC first (which'll be more expensive so ... hmmmm....)

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#16 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

GTA IV will most likely come out for the PC eventually, you'll probably need one kick ass computer, but Rockstar never had a "Special Edition" for a Grand Theft Auto gam...well at least not one on release day. So it's hard to guess whether or not there will be a special edition for the PC.

#17 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

I think the downloadable content will be where extra missions will take place but that's if they do get extra missions.....imo.

But that raises question for me, if I have normal version with all downloadable content and then buy special edition will I need to re-buy the downloadable content for the special edition? I hope not.....

#18 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

I think the downloadable content will be where extra missions will take place but that's if they do get extra missions.....imo.

But that raises question for me, if I have normal version with all downloadable content and then buy special edition will I need to re-buy the downloadable content for the special edition? I hope not.....

The game is going to be the same. You'd just get more stuff with the game if you get the "Special Edition" along with a special casing for the game.

#19 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:58 PM

Yeah no extra stuff in the game but a lot of (nice) extra physical stuff. I'm definitely gonna get the Special Edition of this when it comes out.

@Nate: Yeah OGTAM kinda answered it already. Since the game is still the same, the memory and saved file will be the same too so yeah you'll still have all of your precious exclusive content don't worry.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#20 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

Yeah no extra stuff in the game but a lot of (nice) extra physical stuff. I'm definitely gonna get the Special Edition of this when it comes out.

@Nate: Yeah OGTAM kinda answered it already. Since the game is still the same, the memory and saved file will be the same too so yeah you'll still have all of your precious exclusive content don't worry.

I sure hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users