• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

Yeah it's not operating systems that cause problems it's the browsers themselves, currently IE6 and versions below that are the only ones not working. Vista comes with IE7 so everything will work fine ;)

I doubt there's any threads here about Linux, or indeed Mac for that matter. You see since everyone here is for GTA, almost every single one of us are Windows users (for playing GTA on our PC's with mods etc.)

I personally have a Mac as well as a Windows PC though, and have tried a couple of Linux distros in the past. Look in the computer & tech forum, there's probably nothing there but you could always start a topic about it, if I'm not being lazy/busy I may reply myself ;)

#62 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

Noticed that I said I never had probs with it. And I've got no idea how someone else can get, you just need a little protection.
And duh MS wants you to upgrade. You wouldn't want to still use hardware of 5 years ago or Windows 95 now would you?

@Chris: You could say that users who have difficulty with the download system for whatever reason should upgrade to IE7 (+link).

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#63 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

I could but there are still people using OS's such as windows 2000 where upgrading to IE7 isn't possible. It's best just to get it fixed anyway, which I will do.

One thing I missed of the to do list was all the tutorials I need to write, added them all now.

#64 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Ow, right. I still have a unfinished tut for TGTAP somewhere in my special GTA place folder.
Might try finishing that this weekend, though I'm probably going to be to busy..

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#65 killa killer

killa killer

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

Really? No problems?

Posted Image
Problem.

Posted Image
Problem.

The only people who don't like Firefox are:

1)Poor and don't have the money to get a decent amount of ram (at least 512mb) that you should have anyway
OR
2)Are retarded

Your the f***ing retard for adding all those toolbars you tool.
they suprisingly don't make it go any faster despite what my brother belives clicking in vein to try and win those stupid ad games trying to make the page load faster.
firefox is for diks with 1 finger and 1 thumb.
try using just the google one it has a translater and everything i need all in 1.
Posted Image
Posted Image
if it goes without saying why say it?
why do people pay money to go up tall buildings and put money into binoculars to look at things on the ground?
If i have a mid-life crisis at 15, am i only going to live to 30?
you know your getting old when you hear your favourite song on the radio in the elevator.
If everyone was to put others before themselfs who would go first?
ERGO: there has and always will be that one PRICK at the front of the line.

#66 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

they suprisingly don't make it go any faster despite what my brother belives clicking in vein to try and win those stupid ad games trying to make the page load faster.
try using just the google one it has a translater and everything i need all in 1.

You are seriously acting like a Idiot right now, because not that I'm the only one using Firefox here, almost half of the members on the forum are using it too, Including the admin as well. It's much more securer than IE6, and has some add-ons. So really I think you have to get Firefox since you can't even spell.

Other than that, Nice work on the front page Chris. It's starting to look good. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tommy Montana, 10 June 2007 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#67 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

As already stated, enough with the "my browsers better then your browser" crap, as Chris said it will support all browse, so case closed, move on.

#68 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

Nice troll, idiot. That image is simply an example as to how your browser will get if you click Yes on all the popups etc. for installing toolbars from generally malicious websites. And toolbars make your browser go slower not faster, that's obvious, anything you add to a browser will slow it down - it is not in the least bit surprising. Also, Google make the google toolbar for IE and Firefox, so in fact your whole trolling rant is rendered obsolete. GTFO this topic.

Next person to make browser war references in this topic gets perma b&. The only browser comments I want are those reporting bugs (such as the fuck up in IE6).

Other than that thanks for the comments.

#69 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Ok so in IE6, the top part of the database shows up (Newest downloads, Most popular tables, etrc...)

But then there is a large bank space and at the bottom of the site there is the 'Category' table.

Perhaps it's because IE doesn't want there to be a large blank space beneath the downloads tables.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#70 killa killer

killa killer

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

I'm going to be on subject this time CHRIS
today I went and tried to find some cool stuff for vice city and those pictures next to the titles were broken
BTW i've got IE7

Edited by killa killer, 13 June 2007 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
why do people pay money to go up tall buildings and put money into binoculars to look at things on the ground?
you know your getting old when you hear your favourite song on the radio in the elevator.

#71 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

@killa: not sure what your problem was but it's all working fine on all browsers I've tested.

Today I did a very small update, and that is that the system now recognises when you are logged in, and so you don't have flood control on searches any more - only guests (if not logged in) are subject to flood control which is currently once every 30 seconds.

#72 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Another small update today. You can now rate files from directly on the file page (this functionality will be improved but it works fine for now).

I've also moved the system out of the beta directory now that all the basic functionality is there (all that's really left to go is the administration and user pages), and it's all had enough testing from you guys now.

So, http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/

#73 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

Looking pretty sweet so far, i'm assuming the colour scheme willbe aligned with the rest f the site....?
But good job so far...

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#74 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

Looking pretty sweet so far, i'm assuming the colour scheme willbe aligned with the rest f the site....?
But good job so far...

Nope, it has it's own colour scheme Chris and I worked on. I don't think were gonna make it generic.

#75 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, although it still isn't definitely final, but pretty much. POssibly revamping the layout of TGTAP over the summer anyway, I don't know.

#76 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

If you want a new lay out I'd wait for the release of IV.

And some icons sometimes don't display, refreshing should do.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#77 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

Yeah, although it still isn't definitely final, but pretty much. POssibly revamping the layout of TGTAP over the summer anyway, I don't know.

Let me know when your ready for that, I'd love to give you some examples of what I would do, and you can decide if you like them or not.

#78 killa killer

killa killer

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 05 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

yeah all the icons are still broken.
BTW still havn't worked out what trolling is :huh:
and i think grey on black would be a good scheeme.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

The IE6 bug should be fixed now. Press Ctrl + F5 if you're still seeing weird page loading errors.
Let me know how it looks for you if you use IE6 - every other browser should be fine.

#80 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

Major progress has now been made. See the first post for the full check list on what's been done.

Basically today I've finished the whole User CP for the downloads system. See http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/

You of course need to be logged in to your forum account to use it. From there you can manage your files and upload new files. There may be a couple of small bugs but I fixed all the major ones I came across. You CAN start uploading your mods, however I won't necessarily approve them any time soon, as I still have the admin panel to code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users