94 replies to this topic

#21 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

I don't see the point in that to be totally honest. I mean we have it free-for-all now and we don't have any problems with th server or download abuse.

#22 killa killer

killa killer

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

I'm thinking it's good.

but you guy's need to have a look at places like www.gtainside.com even though it's russian or german or something it's a great mod downloading site.

don't get me wrong the gta place rocks, at least i can read your posts but it is so organised. like instead of having to go through 5 pages to get to the page with supra on it you just have to go
cars and then toyota on the side panel. realy easy to find your way around. and ach du scheibe i can even read some german now.

one more thing where are you guys based cose when you said summer is that american,pom,or aussie?
im in perth aus and i need to get some mods out on the web and you guys apart from gtainside are the best.
Posted Image
Posted Image
if it goes without saying why say it?
why do people pay money to go up tall buildings and put money into binoculars to look at things on the ground?
If i have a mid-life crisis at 15, am i only going to live to 30?
you know your getting old when you hear your favourite song on the radio in the elevator.
If everyone was to put others before themselfs who would go first?
ERGO: there has and always will be that one PRICK at the front of the line.

#23 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:57 AM

Ah yes... the infamous GTAinside, when GTA3 came out, they had possibly the worst reputation of any GTA site on the web, mainly for stealing others mods (this was back when they used the gta3.net domain).
I have been on their site a few times since then, and I don't know what their rep is like now. I do know they have hotlinked mods from here recently though, since I incorporated an anti-hotlinking script I was surprised to see a few referrals from their site. Anyway, I do know about how their downloads are, and we won't be copying that here.

If for example you did want to download a toyota supra, then with ours just type that in the search box and there you go, a list of supras you can choose from, it's not much more difficult.

And I meant summer as it is in the northern hemisphere, i.e. around June/July or something. A pom summer if you like (still no idea why you call us poms, wtf is a pom?)

#24 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

A pom is a person from England. Normally it's aussie's (like me) that call you guys that. Like when we had the ashes it was always, THE POM VS. THE AUSSIES. Shit like that. Hope it cleared it up for you.

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#25 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

WikiPedia basically explains it. It's not an insult however, so don't take it as that.

Also, Chris has taken over most of the job at the moment as I have other things in the works as well as school to attend to. I will however be helping out in a few weeks, as well as coding the entire back end for moderation of downloads. Which most you you won't see, so I won't be playing as big a part in this as I was originally. Sadly time is always a problem for me.

#26 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

Yeah I don't take it as an insult, we have friends in Australia and they sometimes say it as a joke. it's just I never knew where the word comes from is what I said. Wikipedia doesn't particularly know much about it though does it :P
Also is is just me or is this topic overrun with Aussies today, the second page of this topic only has replies from our Aussie members, apart from myself of course. I feel like an outcast :P

Back on topic, I haven't done any coding for about a week but I will see if I can work on some stuff soon. Category and file listing is basically done though, I will try and get file viewing done and also implement quick download later.

#27 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

You are an outcast :P

Nuh lol, hope this turns out awesome, good luck, if you need help ask!

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#28 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

Quick status update:

I have indeed done some coding today, I got quick download done, now I'm working on getting the view file page done.

#29 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

I will say nothing but this:
OMG, how the hell do you understand coding. Seriously, it's just like :huh: to me.
But anyway, nice to know you're getting a good job done well... Whatever that entails, i will never know but, keep up the good work anyway...
Oh, and some 'Pom' support for ya here too... :P

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#30 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

Wow this sounds cool! I hope its done soon cause summers gonna be here soon.

#31 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:06 AM

Chris - Having to register to upload a mod is the smartest thing I've seen on this site yet.

Twice in the last year I have to format my hard drive & reload my operating system because some git hid malicious code
in a download. AVG catches most of it but when they do get through - virtual nuke. :bashhead: :pissedred:

I think I came to the right place & am looking forward to your new kit!

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#32 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

Ok folks, today I completed probably the biggest and most complicated task that I had to do for the downloads system - and that was to majorly improve the search feature. There are so many more options you can choose to narrow down your searches now, and there is a lot of code to check what options you've selected and then piece together a query based on that... all very complicated stuff... so happy it all works now though.

In case you didn't notice, I added a checklist to the first post in this topic. So read that and you'll see what there is left to do.

Basically, I've done enough of the main stuff that I could give you guys the URL to where it is so you could all start using it... Do you want it?!

Keep in mind that category images and the search form are not final though, they're just placeholder at the moment, as is the actual design and colour scheme, we haven't decided whether that will be final yet.

#33 Ciaran

Ciaran

1 pWn t3h n00bs

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:05 PM

I would love to start using it straight away if possible. So I guess I'm a yes for seeing the unfinished version.

#34 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

Yes, give us the link. Betas never hurt anybody, in fact they give people a view of things to come and it's easier to find bugs because a wider range of people (more than 1) are accessing it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#35 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

Well, disappointed none of you even tried to guess the URL of it... tsk...

here http://www.thegtapla...downloads/beta/

#36 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

Lokks Good im looking forward to it! Good job Chris and helpers!

#37 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:18 AM

looks nice, I'll be watching it.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#38 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

Well, disappointed none of you even tried to guess the URL of it... tsk...

here http://www.thegtapla...downloads/beta/

Oh no what have we done :o. hehe.

Oh btw, Internet Explorer 6 shows the main area (where the categories are) below the entire site, but above the copyright notice. Hopefully this explains what I mean:

Posted Image

God I hate Internet Explorer 6, worst browser in the history of the internet.

#39 killa killer

killa killer

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

looks good.

putting the latest mod thing-o up the top helps me track whats being made and stuff.
couldn't find much to say that dosen't serve its pourpose or looks shit

except for the colour scheme.
have some oposite colours like black and white or purple and lime green to make it a bit more vibrant,
cause right now it looks the same as the rest of the site. :thumbsup:

and maby you should put in a letter grouping thing.
like instead of page number you can switch it to letters and back again.

Edited by killa killer, 06 June 2007 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
if it goes without saying why say it?
why do people pay money to go up tall buildings and put money into binoculars to look at things on the ground?
If i have a mid-life crisis at 15, am i only going to live to 30?
you know your getting old when you hear your favourite song on the radio in the elevator.
If everyone was to put others before themselfs who would go first?
ERGO: there has and always will be that one PRICK at the front of the line.

#40 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:08 AM

I think the only thing I did in that beta so far is the top mod thing you talked about, with the latest mod additions and the most popular. Chris has edited it dramatically from what I had originally though. I did do a bit of the template and the CSS, but not much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users