TGTAP Downloads Database v1.0

Chris

Yeah I don't take it as an insult, we have friends in Australia and they sometimes say it as a joke. it's just I never knew where the word comes from is what I said. Wikipedia doesn't particularly know much about it though does it :P

Also is is just me or is this topic overrun with Aussies today, the second page of this topic only has replies from our Aussie members, apart from myself of course. I feel like an outcast :P

Back on topic, I haven't done any coding for about a week but I will see if I can work on some stuff soon. Category and file listing is basically done though, I will try and get file viewing done and also implement quick download later.

Chris - Having to register to upload a mod is the smartest thing I've seen on this site yet.

Twice in the last year I have to format my hard drive & reload my operating system because some git hid malicious code

in a download. AVG catches most of it but when they do get through - virtual nuke. :bashhead::pissedred:

I think I came to the right place & am looking forward to your new kit!

Ok folks, today I completed probably the biggest and most complicated task that I had to do for the downloads system - and that was to majorly improve the search feature. There are so many more options you can choose to narrow down your searches now, and there is a lot of code to check what options you've selected and then piece together a query based on that... all very complicated stuff... so happy it all works now though.

In case you didn't notice, I added a checklist to the first post in this topic. So read that and you'll see what there is left to do.

Basically, I've done enough of the main stuff that I could give you guys the URL to where it is so you could all start using it... Do you want it?!

Keep in mind that category images and the search form are not final though, they're just placeholder at the moment, as is the actual design and colour scheme, we haven't decided whether that will be final yet.

Well, disappointed none of you even tried to guess the URL of it... tsk...

here http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/beta/

Oh no what have we done :o. hehe.

Oh btw, Internet Explorer 6 shows the main area (where the categories are) below the entire site, but above the copyright notice. Hopefully this explains what I mean:

untitledge9.th.jpg

God I hate Internet Explorer 6, worst browser in the history of the internet.

looks good.

putting the latest mod thing-o up the top helps me track whats being made and stuff.

couldn't find much to say that dosen't serve its pourpose or looks shit

except for the colour scheme.

have some oposite colours like black and white or purple and lime green to make it a bit more vibrant,

cause right now it looks the same as the rest of the site. :thumbsup:

and maby you should put in a letter grouping thing.

like instead of page number you can switch it to letters and back again.

Edited by killa killer

I think the only thing I did in that beta so far is the top mod thing you talked about, with the latest mod additions and the most popular. Chris has edited it dramatically from what I had originally though. I did do a bit of the template and the CSS, but not much.

have some oposite colours like black and white or purple and lime green to make it a bit more vibrant,

No, we're not a homosexual advocacy website. This is Grand Theft Auto, not Viva Piñata.

cause right now it looks the same as the rest of the site. :thumbsup:

That's the whole point. If we used a different layout for every page no one would visit. Inconsistency is a very bad thing.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll post here again when more has been completed.

I don't even have a copy of IE6 installed on any computers in this house or even my Dad's house, we're all smart enough to secure our computers, and know that if we must use IE then at least use IE7 (my mum and dad simply will not change to any other browser).... Sooo... unfortunately I can't actually test it out. But what I can tell you is that the error I fixed just now keeps all the code valid xhtml meaning the problem is definitely with IE6. Not our site.

More then half of all internet users use IE6, They just don't upgrade or anything so stick to that (Not Vista users of course). So downgrade one of the PC's and try it out. Lot's of new members join because of the mods, and if that's f***ed we might not get that many new members, or at least less...

Still looks messed up in IE6 for me.

But you know what I say about IE users.

f*** THEM

It's all well and good saying that but the fact is 70% of all visitors are using Internet Explorer 6 since it comes with Windows XP. And unless we want to turn 70% of our visitors away from the site, we need to have the site work on all browsers.

@Chris - I only tried the index, I will see if I can get to a PC to view it more today.