• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

Apart from a number of magazine scans and screen captures from the first official trailer, we haven't seen any proper screenshots of Grand Theft Auto IV yet. However, an article published recently by the NYTimes which discusses the exclusion of the Staten Island borough appears to have included with it the first digital screenshot we've seen of the game. The image (below), which has been printed in a couple of magazines already, seems to have been resized from it's (presumably) original HD version, nevertheless, it's still nice to see something nice and shiny. Let's hope we get some nice high definition screens soon.

Posted Image

#2 V

V

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Um, this is in GTAVI forum, " New detailed screenshot!".

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

#3 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Um, there is no GTA6. Also, I'm the admin and I post news here, not sure if you noticed that or not.

#4 Ciaran

Ciaran

1 pWn t3h n00bs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Looks a bit like Staunton Island to me, but It could also be Portland. It's a nice screen, the graphics again are looking brilliant. But it would be nice to see some HD ones.

#5 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

Well it shouldn't do because GTA IV doesn't have those two cities, specifically ;)

#6 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Wow cool stuff, Cant wait till the HD's and new trailers come out.

Nothing to see here, move along

#7 V

V

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

Sorry Chris.

The screen does look great. I assume we'll be able to ride the train. So, cool.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain,
for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

#8 Carnage_

Carnage_

Venato Mafia Bodyguard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Russian Federation 

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

Just wondering: when they will release GTA IV Demo?!
BTW: cool screenshot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Join best Grand Theft Auto community GTAChat.co.nr
Upgraded to IPB v2.1 Running Gang System Now!GTA Chat Website Updated!

LAD aka Franco_Forelli aka Carnage_

#9 Urban Legend

Urban Legend

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

Carnage I don't think there is going to be a demo. That screen looks really good, I can see the start of mission now...with Niko meeting someone under the train tracks at the docks.

The article is kinda weird though, I think it's a little fudged. but interesting none the less

#10 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

Nice screenshot, with some nice textures and tones, I like the graffiti on the train aswell.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#11 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

A very nice shot, that. If that is from the game in it's current state (around 66% complete) then that's incredible. I fully expect the rest of the game to look as beautifully detailed as that.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#12 ganich

ganich

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

well chris you would have atleast wrote thanks to ganich at the end as i was the first one to post this.

#13 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

well chris you would have atleast wrote thanks to ganich at the end as i was the first one to post this.

First to post doesn't always mean first to find.

Haven't we seen that shot before, though?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#14 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

First to post doesn't always mean first to find.

Haven't we seen that shot before, though?

No we haven't, the reason why I'm so late posting is because: I'm a dumbass. I'll explain... :P

I subscribe to an RSS feed of Google News search for "grand theft auto" (link)
And I did in fact read the NYTimes article when it was posted, (at the time of posting this the link to the NYTimes article is on page 3 of that google news link above.)
I thought from the thumbnail it was just another trailer screen cap, only today when I saw other sites like GTA4.net had posted it that I realised it was indeed a new screen (I actually watched the trailer again to make sure, and we don't see the train from the angle shown in the screenshot, so it's definitely new. And I'm not sure, but I don't think it's been in any magazines yet either, I maybe wrong though.

@ganich: I appreciate you posting in the GTAIV forum to inform our users about this, but as you now know, I had already seen the article, just wasn't aware the screen was new at the time (Plus, I was hardly expecting NYT to even have a digital screenshot, sites like IGN are usually the first with them assuming there's no "fansite exclusives" this time round).

As you can see from many of the news posts you read on thegtaplace.com. I do give credit where credit is due - whether it be members of GTAF posting magazine scans, another website with an exclusive article, or whatever... hope that explains everything :)
And it's a pretty menial thing anyway, not like it's an awesome high definition screen showing something we've never seen before. We all need to lighten up and sit tight for the next batch of info/screens!

#15 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

No Anon, I think you might have seen a similar shot during the opening of the trailer, which might have been the other way around e.g the train coming AT you, rather than away from you.

BAH! Beaten to it by Chris.

Edited by the bossman, 15 May 2007 - 05:44 PM.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#16 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

Actually, no, the screenshot has been seen before. It was in OPM. We didn't have a digital version, but we HAVE seen the screen before.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#17 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

Oh ok then. I did say I wasn't sure about magazines though ;)

EDIT: Gerard just gave me this link: http://www.grandthef.../Image:View.jpg Seems it was in GI too!

#18 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

This screenshot has already been seen in the GameInformer magazine, but not as a digital image. Click for full size.
Posted Image

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#19 CroScorpion

CroScorpion

LCF Hitman

• Members
  • 1,748 posts
  • Croatia 

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

It is just a picture of a train and we saw a similar one in trailer, but picture looks good, too bad it is resized.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Liberty Crime Family public chat
Liberty Crime Family gang recruitment

#20 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

Actually, no, the screenshot has been seen before. It was in OPM. We didn't have a digital version, but we HAVE seen the screen before.

OK, I haven't seen the mag so I didn't know.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users