- Rockstar are progressing well with the game, which is now over two-thirds of the way to completion.
- It is implied that the ability to manually aim guns such as a pistol has now been implemented, when Niko pulls out a pistol, the camera will zoom in slightly, and a crosshair fixed to the centre of the screen appears.
- Hand-to-hand combat has also been worked on a lot
- OXM confirm that the much loved sexual innuendo famed in the GTA series will of course be seen throughout GTA IV.
- Niko is able to climb and descend fire escapes, telegraph poles and the like. He'll also be able to enter skyscrapers (and throw people off them).
- One of the radio stations is said to play Eastern European dance music
- Rockstar don't want the game to be too "naturalistic" so there will be some "fun" weapons in the game
- Central Park will have its own recreation in the game, it is not yet known what its name will be.
- Boats are confirmed and their handling is said to be improved.
- One of the advantages of recreating New York is that the guys developing the game at R* North can simply call the in-house researchers at R* NYC and ask them about specific things which they have far more knowledge about.
- Philip Glass, a highly influential composer, is working with Rockstar and involved with production of the game's soundtrack (he composed the music in the first trailer)
OXM: You've talked about picking culturally different neighbourhoods. Can you reveal any of the gang cultures apart from the Russians?
Dan Houser: I can't reveal gangs too much yet, but one of the things that appealed to us about a) this character (who isn't actually Russian, he's Eastern European, although there will be plenty of Russian gangsters in there) and b ) the story and the world [...]
Thanks to Loose Head for the scans.