GTA IV Box-art

How do you think the box-art will look like? Since GTA3 They've all been the same, logo in the middle, with about 10 or so divided up pictures. Well, as R* has said, this is a new beginning. In OPM(I think) they said one of the main things is not repeating themselves at all. So naturally, I assume there is going to be a new box-art design.

I'm gonna try to come up with something good but starting with nothing to go by isn't easy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever noticed that on the top-left hand corner there have been a Helicopter in it Since GTA III. I will post pictures.

Yes I think everyone noticed it. Well I think since is a new series, the box art should change...

Here are another similarities between the boxart of previous GTA games ( GTA 3 Series)

1.Helicopter-top left

2.The main character is never shown in the boxart

3.There is always at least one car in the boxart

4.Except GTA 3, which didn`t had motorcycles, every GTA boxart has a motorcycle, oh and San Andreas boxart has a bicycle

5.GTA Vice City,GTA San Andreas and LibertyCityStories have a gun shown on the boxart

6.At least 3 other GTA characters shown

7.Only one chick shown on the boxart looking very sexy

The R* logo and the rating shown on all boxarts

:)

9.Maybe it`s just me but check out the Vice City and San Andreas Boxart on the upper right, on the VC one you see a Lamborghini Countach parked near the Ocean View Hotel, and on the SA one you see the Groove Street sign , both Ocean View Hotel and Groove street are a major locations, major houses and also a the first missions happen there.

10.No GTA boxart has a boat shown except the Vice City Stories one.

Sorry for going offtopic.So we might see the same similarities but I hope R* will change this...

Edited by Gycu

DUH the Rockstar logo and rating have been on every box.... That can't be counted as a similarity.... The rating is always going to be on games, and of COURSE you'd put your own logo on your game.

Vice City ALSO had a boat on it, actually.... And also, the chick shown is not a major character at all, usually not even in the story.

And you can't really count things that are only on 1-2 cases as "similarities".

DUH the Rockstar logo and rating have been on every box.... That can't be counted as a similarity.... The rating is always going to be on games, and of COURSE you'd put your own logo on your game.

Vice City ALSO had a boat on it, actually.... And also, the chick shown is not a major character at all, usually not even in the story.

I was kiding with the R* logo and the rating, noticed the smile following the sentence?I put a spoiler just in case

Only now I noticed the boat on the VC boxart...:( I never said the girls shown on the boxart are major characters...Or did I ?

Every boxart has

Helicopter(upper left), cars and motorcycles or bikes ( except GTA 3 ) , other main characters , at least a gun

Sorry if I mentioned as similarities some cases that appear only on 2 boxarts...

I was kiding with the R* logo and the rating, noticed the smile following the sentence?I put a spoiler just in case

Only now I noticed the boat on the VC boxart...:( I never said the girls shown on the boxart are major characters...Or did I ?

Every boxart has

Helicopter(upper left), cars and motorcycles or bikes ( except GTA 3 ) , other main characters , at least a gun

Sorry if I mentioned as similarities some cases that appear only on 2 boxarts...

Well to be a little more descriptive on the similarities between the characters on the boxart. There is at least one female, whether she is apart of the storyline or just a random one (which was already mentioned), a character that has been your side kick or at least a good friend from the storyline for the most part and one or more guys you kill in the game.