GTA IV Preview From Official PlayStation Magazine UK

Chris

There really are no loading screens once you're in the game, even when moving from exterior to interior, moving between the two will be seamless

Cool !! no more loading screens !! that used to be soo bugging!!

wow good to see the cell phone feature

Also,on page 8 of the new PlayStation Magazine it says you wont be able to base jump off the empire state building mad.gif I was so looking forward to jumping off that,what a dissapointment!!! no parachutes in this one it looks like.

First they took away planes now paracute!! aAaAaaAaaAAHHH!!!!

Well I doubt the peds will start screaming to the cops that you have a gun once they see you. After all, in previous games gang members walked around with guns and as long as they didn't use them the cops wouldn't come after them. Plus guns are legal if you have a license down in the US so I'm pretty sure they'll react more scared when you actually aim the gun at them. Something they could say when they only see the gun could be: "Nice gun." or "Point that gun at me and I'll pull out mine." Lol, just some random ideas. R* will definitely have something better. :P

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the second page here and I meant to reply to the last post on the first page. The one about peds reacting to guns and the one ps3 player replied to as well. Nice idea about the rough and business area ps3 player.

Edited by Artur

Maybe they could use the sixaxis for lockpicking or something like that for a mission. maybe like something that was in the warriors.

and if they say you cant base jump off of the empire state... I will find a way...

Hacking is used in SC Double agent with the Sixaxis but it will be hard for R* to do something really different with the SIXAXIS, maybe they could use it for hydraulics in the game but Im not sure, they'll think of something.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the second page here and I meant to reply to the last post on the first page. The one about peds reacting to guns and the one ps3 player replied to as well. Nice idea about the rough and business area ps3 player.

Thx man but I don't think that it will be incorporated in the game, I just think the cops are going to get more harder on you.

Hacking is used in SC Double agent with the Sixaxis but it will be hard for R* to do something really different with the SIXAXIS, maybe they could use it for hydraulics in the game but Im not sure, they'll think of something.

How would they be used for hydraulics?

Oh, while I'm asking about six axis.. Is it actually any good for racing games? Couldn't they have an option in the menu to turn it off for cars or something?

Oh, while I'm asking about six axis.. Is it actually any good for racing games? Couldn't they have an option in the menu to turn it off for cars or something?

You can turn the motion sensing off any time you want. So that ain't a problem.

It would be used in hydraulisc so when you tilt to the left the car tilts to the left and so on......

It would be used in hydraulisc so when you tilt to the left the car tilts to the left and so on......

If that was the case I wouldn't ever use hydraulics. I don't want to have to keep my hand perfectly still while trying to drive.

Some cool stuff, going to read the scans now.

If that was the case I wouldn't ever use hydraulics. I don't want to have to keep my hand perfectly still while trying to drive.

Some cool stuff, going to read the scans now.

Well you don't have to have them perfectly still you have to tilt about 30 degress before the motion sensing kicks in,

Wow, it's even less useful than I originally thought. No point having motion sensing that isn't even very sensitive.

Read the scans, and it is all rather nice stuff. They are doing some superb stuff. I'm itching to play this game so badly. NEED A CONSOLE >.<

Well if you don't like motion sensing buy a 360, you can get the exclusive episodic content aswell.

Wow, it's even less useful than I originally thought. No point having motion sensing that isn't even very sensitive.

Read the scans, and it is all rather nice stuff. They are doing some superb stuff. I'm itching to play this game so badly. NEED A CONSOLE >.<

Well if you don't like motion sensing buy a 360, you can get the exclusive episodic content aswell.

It isn't motion sensing against, remember, I 500% support the Wii. It's weak motion sensing((atleast 30 degree tilt before it does something?)), and out-dated technology used as a gimmick.

I'd prefer to get it for PS3, for the sole reason that I've always played GTA with a Playstation controller and it's what I'm use to. It's the easiest to me. The Xbox controller is way different, and I HATE GTA with a keyboard. Yes, I'm willing to spend the extra money so I have the controller I'm use to. But to me it doesn't matter anyways because they are both just consoles to me.

Well I doubt the peds will start screaming to the cops that you have a gun once they see you. After all, in previous games gang members walked around with guns and as long as they didn't use them the cops wouldn't come after them. Plus guns are legal if you have a license down in the US so I'm pretty sure they'll react more scared when you actually aim the gun at them. Something they could say when they only see the gun could be: "Nice gun." or "Point that gun at me and I'll pull out mine." Lol, just some random ideas. R* will definitely have something better. :P

Ummm... its illegal to have a weapon in public or anywhere else unless you are at a gun certified, enclosed area (gun range, shooting ranch.) If anyone saw anyone with a gun here they would most likely run away. unless there in the deep ghetto, which guns are still illegal. it is only okay to have it at your HOUSE if you have a license.

Ummm... its illegal to have a weapon in public or anywhere else unless you are at a gun certified, enclosed area (gun range, shooting ranch.) If anyone saw anyone with a gun here they would most likely run away. unless there in the deep ghetto, which guns are still illegal. it is only okay to have it at your HOUSE if you have a license.

Unless you have a concealed weapons permit. In which you're allowed to have concealed weapons on you.