Sherman

GDT version 1.0

245 posts in this topic

General discussion topic of cars, woo! Figured this might be a good idea... for just talking about them, and some questions.. etc.

Do ya'll have Honda AND Acura where you live? Or just Honda?

Just Honda here in the UK. I thought Acura was only for North America, USA, Canada, Mexico...?

Isn't it kind of like Chrysler and Dodge. In the UK we have mainly Chryslers, you rarely see a Dodge, and Chryslers here aren't even that popular in comparison to other cars.

Ah, that's what I was thinking... I say "Acura" often.. and that could get a bit confusing. Here, we have a fair amount of Dodges.. Chryslers are still for sale and such, it's just more of a rare sighting. The most popular ones, by far, are Toyota.

Nuh, Toyota's here arnt that big, we just have mainly Fords and Holden's (GMH). Holden's are the best, they just came out with a new Commodore called the VE, and it's the best drive.

No way, too expensive and.. ew. If you want 50MPG, get a Honda CRX. I drove a Toyota (lol) Prius last weekend or so, terrible. I had to punch it to get anywhere, and even then it was slow. :/ I think I'm just used to the torque monster (Okay, 250 isn't that much.. but it's much more than this thing)

there are more Toyota's here in India. Honda has some brilliant models like--

this is honda city ZI-

city_front34.jpg

this is honda civic-

honda_civic_1.jpg

and this is the local brand maruti suzuki-

swift_red.jpg

and another one-

5.jpg

^arent those everywhere?^

I want to get the 2010 WRX STI when it comes out (when i can drive legally) and then put some evo 10 stuff on it, then get a tighter suspension, better engine, and better power steering. THEN I WILL PRAWN ALL NUBBIES!

STi's are overrated. They're quick, yeah. Just.. overrated. Plus evo 10 stuff wouldn't fit, I don't see why you would want it. Heh. The impreza aftermarket is huge though. I love how stuff is for cars, we have so much to choose from.

Ricers = suck. Who agrees?

Well since I'm in the US, we got both Honda and Acura ... and I wouldn't drive either. I also wouldn't touch a Chrysler or Dodge (except a Cummins Ram or a Jeep Wrangler) because of their poor quality.

That's the old Civic. This is the new one:

27Civic_m.jpg

Type R:

Civic_Type_R_back.jpg

2007_civic_typeR_1.jpg

I've been to the 'Auto RAI' not that long ago. I'll post some pictures of the cars as soon as I uploaded them.

Auto RAI is a car show btw.

STi's are overrated. They're quick, yeah. Just.. overrated. Plus evo 10 stuff wouldn't fit, I don't see why you would want it. Heh. The impreza aftermarket is huge though. I love how stuff is for cars, we have so much to choose from.

Ricers = suck. Who agrees?

And they have names that not only mean subaru technica international, but sexually transmitted infection too... <_<

And i'm loving the EVO X so far, i think the official pics were released not too long ago, i'll do some hunting... But i'm not liking the big wad of plastic strapped on the front. <_<

post-7823-1178135167_thumb.jpg

post-7823-1178135180_thumb.jpg

EDIT: @ jace, isn't the new civic the one witht he 'lights' going right round to meet in the middle of the hood?

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

Mike - You're just jealous of reliability! :P

All the cars are starting to look terrible, imo. Some still look good.. some look bad. Evo's are nice looking though, besides yeah, the plastic slab up front. Mitsu beefed up the Lancer a little bit.

And Jace, you might wanna mention that's the JDM/EDM(?) civic and not the USDM. They look quite a bit different around here.

Not only the styling of vehicles is going to poop, but they way they are built. Everything has independent suspension. What ever happened to leaf springs and solid axles and a frame?

Now the newer trucks have nothing on the older trucks ...

JD_79GM6.jpg

TrocaGmc.jpg

CleanTrux.jpg

And damn, I'd love to have one of these.

RamCharger.jpg

Here's some 0-60s I took a week ago. Like usual, the car is heavily weighed down ... maybe next weekend on my way back to college I can get a video of the Taurus with just me in it. I also had on the winter tires and those made it slower.

I aimed the camera at the wrong gauge and right after I stopped the video I hit a snow drift going 70

th_0-601.jpg

In this video I actually backed off somewhere above 90mph but I started swearing at around 87 because I saw a police officer.

th_0-602.jpg

Haha, I nailed it today to pass a semi cuz I had to get in it's lane. Mom was complaining...... I won't say what the speed limit was, but we were goin around 75 :D Fun, fun.