Photo
- - - - -

Car Manufacturers

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Your kidding? I LOVED their cars! Rest in Peace Pontiac.

Nothing to see here, move along

#22 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Bums me out, too. I've seen clips that the Solstice & Vibe may be kept around, but Pontiac as a brand is getting the axe.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#23 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

I love the chevys and the ferraris

#24 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

All the GM cars I love fell by the wayside, Cadillac Eldorado (and Seville, really), Oldsmobile, and Pontiac

I owned two Olds Cutlass Supremes, one Eldorado and two Sedan Devilles, same vintage in both cases!, I also owned a rare 1989 Firebird Formula 350 convertible, sold lastly to a guy South of me via Craigslist, his mission was to restore it, more to factory specs then I would have liked, but preserving it just the same.

The links to anything online being archived will be hard to maintain if you're lax in updating that original thread, since it is so large and covers a lot!

The Internet database is subject to a lot of volitility so anything being maintained for more then 2 years is rather amazing! But as I see it, a requirement for any library of critical information that took a long time to amass electronically

Also, I want to point out a recent TV broadcast I stumbled upon had GM manager Bob Lutz on talking about various facets of his tenure and role at General Motors, it was most fascinating as you learned a lot more from his candid conversations.

I still feel GM never has recovered from the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. The rich history starts way, way back, pre WW2 I believe, but certainly after the war with GM Design Studios

#25 costa1

costa1

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Spain 

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

BUMP

There's an update this week, Pontiac is now officially a dead brand. RIP.

I loved Pontiac - so sad  they're gone :cry:

#26 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Been watching my newly setup cable subscription, I get the Velocity channel among many others, they have a show about restoring lost classics, doing so with about $12,000 for resto work, and purchases up to $10,000 USD. What's most interesting is the time they're able to 'flip' a restoration (3 weeks in one show example!), along with some costs being less then 10K for parts and labor in the restore, to me that seems like mission impossible, it would be in the Midwest, USA

Edited by BlackListedB, 21 December 2013 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users