Mitsubishi Japan

Galloper Europe

14. BMW Group (Germany) - 1,323,119 vehicles

BMW Germany

MINI United Kingdom

Rolls-Royce United Kingdom

15. Mazda (Japan) - 1,285,130 vehicles

Mazda Japan

Ok so this is a list of Car Manufactures and what country they are from, and i just thought this could help some people out.

(Wikipedia)

Edited by Wu-Zi-Mu

• 1 month later...

Wu-Zi-Mu - Full Point! This is sweet, good work. One detail to watch, Diamler is selling out their interest in Chrysler, so those links will probably change soon, but still high marks, looks like you did your homework.

Dazza - On the Hummers, is it just a right hand conversion or are they doing other work to. Presume this is because of Australian laws.

MrLlamaLlama - Close. It was almost a Shock when VW bought them. I thought they were Italian, but actually the founder was & set up shop in France. A quick search netted 15,000,000+ results.

This would make a great quick reference on cars.

Wu-Zi-Mu - Full Point! This is sweet, good work. One detail to watch, Diamler is selling out their interest in Chrysler, so those links will probably change soon, but still high marks, looks like you did your homework.

Dazza - On the Hummers, is it just a right hand conversion or are they doing other work to. Presume this is because of Australian laws.

MrLlamaLlama - Close. It was almost a Shock when VW bought them. I thought they were Italian, but actually the founder was & set up shop in France. A quick search netted 15,000,000+ results.

This would make a great quick reference on cars.

AAAWWW MAN! cut me some fuckin slack! [/joke]

but i suppose you're right, its just the last i knew they were owned by VW... But i guess there's history before that, like all the 'old stlye' bugattis and shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad for Ford but might be good for AM, I recently read somewhere the investors are headed by the same guy that ran Subaru's Rally program for 12 years (I think), that produced the WRX (insert lots of bad language here).

http://dangeruss.net/images/Subaru%20WRX%2...20Hood%20Up.jpg

I'm curious to see what happens to AM with this influence.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Me too UO, i've been a great fan of AM for years, being a brit, and living not terribly far away from the factory itself....

I hope this will give AM a bit more freedom to work on some more 'exciting' designs. Don't get me wrong, the AM's are absolutley gorgeous, but they seem to look a bit... well.... samey...in places... Maybe a few vents here and there, make them look a little more 'radical'

Just my thoughts....

Though they are already amazing... The V8 vantage dissapointed though... And the rapide concept looks beatutiful, was on my calendar last month.. hehe

(i'm sad because i don't have a pr0n calendar :cry: hehe)

I don't think Ford selling Aston Martin is a mistake for either party. AM wasn't making Ford any money in the states (per the news articles I read about the sale) and Jag really isn't either. I would assume Land Rover isn't either, but I really don't know. I think there must be something wrong with Land Rover. BMW & Ford have sold them off in the past what, 10 years?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

All the GM cars I love fell by the wayside, Cadillac Eldorado (and Seville, really), Oldsmobile, and Pontiac

I owned two Olds Cutlass Supremes, one Eldorado and two Sedan Devilles, same vintage in both cases!, I also owned a rare 1989 Firebird Formula 350 convertible, sold lastly to a guy South of me via Craigslist, his mission was to restore it, more to factory specs then I would have liked, but preserving it just the same.

The links to anything online being archived will be hard to maintain if you're lax in updating that original thread, since it is so large and covers a lot!

The Internet database is subject to a lot of volitility so anything being maintained for more then 2 years is rather amazing! But as I see it, a requirement for any library of critical information that took a long time to amass electronically

Also, I want to point out a recent TV broadcast I stumbled upon had GM manager Bob Lutz on talking about various facets of his tenure and role at General Motors, it was most fascinating as you learned a lot more from his candid conversations.

I still feel GM never has recovered from the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. The rich history starts way, way back, pre WW2 I believe, but certainly after the war with GM Design Studios

• 2 months later...