Vehicles

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a few, but this one could possibly have licenced cars, seeing as the cars in the trailer looked like some real cars

That doesn't mean that they'll give the name of a real car. Using licensed car names will cost Rockstar money and I'm sure they wouldn't go through all that trouble just for real car names. Besides, using the made up names was unique.

maybe a few, but this one could possibly have licenced cars, seeing as the cars in the trailer looked like some real cars

Yeah, the cars are SUPPOSE to look like real cars. You're suppose to catch the similarities.... The new game just looks more realistic, naturally, the cars would follow that trend....

mabye they might have Tax Discs

Say what?

......:):D !!!

lol and fuel and indicators. Mabye a new HUD with inside the car

Indicators is nothing but decoration, and fuel takes it way too far. I honestly want to know why people are creaming their pants over having to fuel up their car. WTF. I don't see the excitement in standing next to your car for five minutes waiting for it to fill up.

Before you have to fill your car up again it must have crashed and exploded. I can't drive a car for longer then 5 minutes in san andreas.. So it's not that big a deal.

Well you must really suck at driving...

I don't think the cars will be the same, so far they look completely different, I see R* have made the Taxis the same model as the Police car again like they do in every GTA.

Yeah man, well I'm pretty damn sure GTA IV will still have made up car names, it feels more GTA and it's been working great so far, so why change it. Well yeah man, I think we will see cars in GTA IV we've seen in the past GTAs, such as the Sentinel and Kuruma, but we'll see.

Oh yeah man, we've seen slightly changed cars before (because of the time gap) so I'm pretty damn sure we will see it again, and this time, it's taking place somewhere between 2006-2010 and man, that's over 5 years since GTA III, so I'm pretty damn sure the Sentinel is going to look great :)

Oh yeah man, we've seen slightly changed cars before (because of the time gap) so I'm pretty damn sure we will see it again, and this time, it's taking place somewhere between 2006-2010 and man, that's over 5 years since GTA III, so I'm pretty damn sure the Sentinel is going to look great :)
Thats what im saying keep the same cars,but changed diffrent body style ect.And not to mention that you could now costomize your cars like in San Andreas.

I think the new Infernus will be now Lamborghini Murcielago or the Gallardo one.That would be really cool.Infernus was changed from GTA3 to VC and than back from VC to SA, so maybe we`ll have another Lamborghini as a Infernus.

Infernus is a pretty gooood car :) , but it is boring a little :(

And I would like to see BMW M3 or better.

It's just that Im sick of it because its been in most GTAs and it has bad control but has lots of speed.

Bad control? I can control it with no problem. In III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS. You sure you aren't just bad at driving?

Infernus is a pretty gooood car :) , but it is boring a little :(

And I would like to see BMW M3 or better.

It's just that Im sick of it because its been in most GTAs and it has bad control but has lots of speed.

Bad control? I can control it with no problem. In III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS. You sure you aren't just bad at driving?

You can control it, So what! Do I care? Nope! All I said that I thought that it had bad control. It's my opinion

People people, there's a limited number of sports and super cars that can be included in the game, rockstar have always gone for realism when creating cars for the game. However, what we should be hoping for, is a system where MOD cars will spawn just as much as the normal ones. The mod community is far better than rockstar at making cars, so all rockstar need to do is make a system that can support masses of mod cars that will replace the normal cars, actually spawn them, and basically leave decent vehicle-making to the professionals, the modders. Then we can all enjoy exactly the vehicles we want to drive. What would be particularly good is if they allowed us to transfer the physics configurations from other advanced games and import them into GTAIV, basically making it so we can have the decent realism for each car developed by true racing game developers.

But anyway, all that is for when it comes out on PC.

And ps3_player, if you are saying the driving is unrealistic, you are totally correct, GTA driving is incredibly arcade-style, driving for dummies really, it's far too easy but I think GTA IV is going to be a lot more realistic that way.

Edited by Alistair

Actually, if you check your post you'll notice the lack of the words "i think"/"i thought"/"in my opinion"/etc. You stated it had bad handling, and I questioned that saying that it was rather easy to drive.

People people, there's a limited number of sports and super cars that can be included in the game, rockstar have always gone for realism when creating cars for the game. However, what we should be hoping for, is a system where MOD cars will spawn just as much as the normal ones. The mod community is far better than rockstar at making cars, so all rockstar need to do is make a system that can support masses of mod cars that will replace the normal cars, actually spawn them, and basically leave decent vehicle-making to the professionals, the modders.

Wow, dude. The way Rockstar makes the cars is in a fashion that matches the game. I've seen some very realistic mods, very nice, and I assure you Rockstar are very capable of producing the same thing. But Rockstar have a certain style they use with GTA, let them stick with that, and download the mods as you wish to.