202 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:19 PM

Maybe something happened in russia and Russian Mafia wants to get him and he escaped to America to start new life, but Russian Mafia is following him.

That's kind of the Storyline in Vice City, but possible. Maybe he escaped from Russia because he was hunted by many people.

Yeh except with the Mafia

I think he might be a good protagonist because he looks like he doesnt give up

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#22 Alistair

Alistair

Bag Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  •    England 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

DeAtH, I agree, I think that's why he's in NYC.

People, you've got to realise....this guy is probably the first realistic GTA guy we've had. First of all, Claude, looked like a mafia dude, but really, how many guys that look like that outside of movies have you seen banged up in jail? Tommy in Vice, again, a cool movie-style criminal, but not the sort in real life. And CJ, although he came from the right background, he was a total pussy. And now......scary looking russian guy, a bit ugly, dodgey haircut, scruffy clothes, smoke-charred voice.....it's fits the bill of big-time criminal perfectly. And the storyline seems a little more believable.
And secondly, it's very appropriate that this guy is russian.....the biggest mafia in the world today is the russian mafia, in russia and eastern europe....they are seriously powerfull, and my god are they ever rich, they practically run russia.

Basically, I'm very happy that we've got a realistic character....IF he is the main character. But to me, those two shots of cars look like him without the beard....and I'm guessing that rockstar have put hair-growth into the game, which means you have to get your character t shave, hence why he has no beard in the cars....nice touch rockstar!
I do 10 push-ups every post and 5 every edit. YOU SHOULD TOO.
If you start doing it too put this in your sig

#23 TG187

TG187

Unknown user

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

DeAtH, I agree, I think that's why he's in NYC.

People, you've got to realise....this guy is probably the first realistic GTA guy we've had. First of all, Claude, looked like a mafia dude, but really, how many guys that look like that outside of movies have you seen banged up in jail? Tommy in Vice, again, a cool movie-style criminal, but not the sort in real life. And CJ, although he came from the right background, he was a total pussy. And now......scary looking russian guy, a bit ugly, dodgey haircut, scruffy clothes, smoke-charred voice.....it's fits the bill of big-time criminal perfectly. And the storyline seems a little more believable.
And secondly, it's very appropriate that this guy is russian.....the biggest mafia in the world today is the russian mafia, in russia and eastern europe....they are seriously powerfull, and my god are they ever rich, they practically run russia.

Basically, I'm very happy that we've got a realistic character....IF he is the main character. But to me, those two shots of cars look like him without the beard....and I'm guessing that rockstar have put hair-growth into the game, which means you have to get your character t shave, hence why he has no beard in the cars....nice touch rockstar!

Yes, Alistair is right on everything what he said, except the part with shave. :mellow:
Posted Image

Thx for Llama for the sig.

#24 -Red

-Red

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Russian Federation 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

Shit yeah! lol, I'm a Russian myself... Finally Russians back in action.

Edited by -Red, 30 March 2007 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image
No Pain, No Game.

#25 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:23 PM

I think a russian protagnist is great. I think it will be very intressting to have a character from a completly different background

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#26 Rashon.

Rashon.

Bingo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  • United States 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

I don`t like him now. I would of liked him if it was 15/20 years younger and 20 kilos slimer.I don`t like his nose, it`s almost the same size of his face.I can`t imagine a woman beeing with this guy.

We don't know his age for sure. He might look old to you but he could even be in his 30s. He could look dull in the trailer but when the game comes out, I bet people will be overwhelmed.

#27 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

I hope he has some depth to him, I hope he isnt another Claude

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#28 2003

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • United States 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yeah this guy looks awsome.

#29 DeAtH

DeAtH

Bag Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Estonia 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:28 PM

Hehe good u agree me :D.

Edited by DeAtH, 30 March 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#30 Cloud'

Cloud'

I have returned.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

If he was another Claude he wouldn't have spoke in the Trailer, I think R* no that another Claude is a bad idea.

Posted Image

#31 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

If he was another Claude he wouldn't have spoke in the Trailer, I think R* no that another Claude is a bad idea.

I agree with you there, Bear he won't be another Claude - he had no emotion, this guy has he feels bad about what he has done about selling people and smuggling people.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#32 Cloud'

Cloud'

I have returned.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

I agree with you there, Bear he won't be another Claude - he had no emotion, this guy has he feels bad about what he has done about selling people and smuggling people.

He can't feel that bad because we all no that he is going to get back into crime.

Posted Image

#33 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

Was that the guy off GTA 3? Haha he annoyed the crap out of me but was somehow cool at the same time.

Claude looked like a mafia dude

Imagine his quotes when he kills someone, surely something in a hardcore mafia style + the Russian which will make it sound even cooler!

Nothing to see here, move along

#34 Cloud'

Cloud'

I have returned.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Hopefully he will have his own Russian Trafficing or Drug crew.

Posted Image

#35 2003

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • United States 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:04 PM

Or maybe he will have his own dance :yup:.

#36 Cloud'

Cloud'

I have returned.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

Or maybe he will have his own dance :yup:.

Now why would a Russian people smuggler have his own dance? :P

For one he wouldn't have time with all the people that need beaton in the cages behind him, and he also has to count his money and scratch himself with his Ivory back scratcher.

Edited by Cloud', 30 March 2007 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

Haha, nice discussion and theories guys. I totally agree with you guys about how he will be awesome because it's a totally different character from the previous ones. Keep the discussion going. :) Like how do you think he will start his "new" life in LC. I bet he will have some sort of friend in LC that he knew back in Russia or something and he will help him get started and eventually he'll become the most powerful man in Liberty. Or maybe he just observes the city and finds out who's powerful and how to get connections and stuff. What are your opinions?

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#38 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

The graphics of him looked kinda weird but of what I know so far about him it seems brilliant.
Ya, he's talked already so he's no Claude :P No idea what the storyline is but when that May issue of Game Informer comes I hopefully will know the storyline considering it's got 10 pages covering GTA IV!!

Edited by Nate10, 30 March 2007 - 11:27 PM.

#39 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:15 AM

Yeah I can't way to get a little bio on him. In the GameInformer issue they will most likely have all the info. So I can't wait for that. I wonder if this new character will encounter some of the old characters we all know and love. :P Salvatore, Toni, maybe even Claude again (would be boring though cause he doesn't talk just looks cooler cause of the graphics) and how about 8 Ball.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#40 surrealistic ArtSweet

surrealistic ArtSweet

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:32 AM

personally, i think he's a very cool guy, and i don't know why many people says he's old, well if that's what you think, you've only seen him when he talks, <_< see him when he drives dudes!
he looked different, and he has no beard! :lol:

Posted Image

Niko: okay Brucie, the only way to get your balls back to normal is you stop juicing, or you get implants
Brucie: how many times i have to tell you homie? my balls are golden, okay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users