Artur

New Protagonist

203 posts in this topic

I haven't heard anything about an entirely new game engine (unless you mean new to the GTA-series), the engine is called RAGE, was used in Table Tennis. Well, I can see it happening, why wouldn't the game engine be used in Liberty City?

I hope you can make your own gang/business there so you could earn money and buy other business and houses. You can make your gang steal cars, pickpocket people, steal from shops and so on and in business you could make house buying and selling.

Yeah that would be good too, but not like other games where you get into the Taxi and it just spawns you there but actually drive there through the streets.

Yup, that's about it. While in the cab, maybe you should be able to see everything in the car, and outside the car windows, let's say you could move the camera view with your right analog stick. Great for exploring.

You seem to have many ideas for GTA IV DeAtH, so why don't we go in the Wishlist topic, this topic is about what we think of the main character.

Yeah, I know I went off topic a bit, it happens everyone but hey man, I'm just saying, have ideas for GTA IV? Go to the Wishlist topic :)

I hope that the main char is smart enough to pay for taxi or bus ride.

Well the game is called Grand THEFT Auto and not True Crime.You have to steal to go somwhere(exception the planes in SA) so ...

That dosen't matter, where not saying your can't steal cars anymore, where just saying it would be good to be able to get Taxi and bus rides.

Besides on GTA: 3 you could get train rides where just trying to think of ways to improve the protagonists travel options.

People a starting to think that the Character is based on the Russian actor, Vladimir Mashkov.

------------------------

From kotaku.com

gta4russiandudezn1.jpg

In case you missed it, the GTA IV trailer broke the internet earlier today. While we don't know the background of the protagonist, game site PSX Extreme guesstimates that the character is based on famed Russian actor Vladimir Mashkov, who appeared in the Owen Wilson movie Behind Enemy Lines. The actor has won something like nine Best Actor awards in his home country. PSX Extreme writes:

Take a look at the comparison pic of Mashkov and GTA IV's character. Notice the similarity in eyes, nose, lips, the large ears, the scruffy beard, and the short hair? While the GTA character may look a bit more cartoonish, we still think that the resemblance may have been what Rockstar was aiming for.

Yes, just look at those HUGE ears! The IMDB page for the game does not have a full cast listing yet. As soon as we hear something, we'll definitely pass it along.

------------------------

It does look a lot like him. :P

Edited by Cloud'

Yeah man, he sure looks like him, whether R* had this in mind or not when creating the character am I not sure of, but yeah man, there's a resemblance.

Hey guys have you noticed about the artwork that R* made for game informer?The character is a little different than in the trailer and luckely for me I hope that in the game will have a smaller nose than in the 1st trailer, just like on that artwork.He looks like a real GTA main character there...