Aussie PS3 Launch Fails Miserably

Chris

I just read this over at Kotaku and just laughed. It's amazing just how badly Sony are failing, and also kind of sad too.

What are your thoughts on Sony's truly abysmal performance in comparison to the Xbox 360's and Wii's massive success.

Looks like an unmitigated disaster to me... it's a great shame too. I just really hope things improve for them in the future.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what you guys are talking about, i advertising was huge, anywhere i went was PS3 this, PS3 that, i got sad cos i could'nt buy one.

But this is sad, over in Syndey is all gay people that want a gay console, the only normal people went to buy the PS3. Over here in Adelaide is a different story, i went to check out the crowds at my local EB Games, and it was packed, and i mean packed, at least 100,000 people, waiting for this little store to open, yet they could of been waiting for K-Mart and David Jones too.

I dont know what you guys are talking about, i advertising was huge, anywhere i went was PS3 this, PS3 that, i got sad cos i could'nt buy one.

But this is sad, over in Syndey is all gay people that want a gay console, the only normal people went to buy the PS3. Over here in Adelaide is a different story, i went to check out the crowds at my local EB Games, and it was packed, and i mean packed, at least 100,000 people, waiting for this little store to open, yet they could of been waiting for K-Mart and David Jones too.

Adelaide doesn't have 100,000 people.

And with the Sydney flop, what do you expect? They are charging $1,000. I'd buy an xbox1 over a PS3 anyday.

Adelaide doesn't have 100,000 people.

And with the Sydney flop, what do you expect? They are charging $1,000. I'd buy an xbox1 over a PS3 anyday.

Thats what it looked like....

Chris, you sound like an Xbox fanboy <_< .

Seriously though, although the console is worth the money (after hearing from numerous people that the graphics are far better then Xbox 360, so it goes) it is way to expensive. Plus, Aussies always get the expensive end of everything, 140 bucks for a game, and 1,000+ for a console is a rip. Although, the Xbox 360 and Wii money wise aren't much better.

Plus, nothing new in Australia takes off for a few months, wait until it is more well known (since it's only been what, like a day :P) and wait for companies to lower prices and you will see it take off better.

Chris, you sound like an Xbox fanboy <_< .

Seriously though, although the console is worth the money (after hearing from numerous people that the graphics are far better then Xbox 360, so it goes) it is way to expensive. Plus, Aussies always get the expensive end of everything, 140 bucks for a game, and 1,000+ for a console is a rip. Although, the Xbox 360 and Wii money wise aren't much better.

Plus, nothing new in Australia takes off for a few months, wait until it is more well known (since it's only been what, like a day :P) and wait for companies to lower prices and you will see it take off better.

The games at my EB Games are only 120 and some only 100.Ive also seen a blu-ray player for $1,500 so it would be worth the money when you get a lot more. Ive even heard that in the USA Sony is actually losing money for each console bought and is depending on game sales for profit.

Edited by Jonker

I found the graphics rather disapointing, not as good as I hoped.

And here's a vid from Motor Storm. Ik know it's a bad quility flash vid, but you can clearly see it isn't as good as the trailers "actual gameplay" was.

And they are copycat's:

1174606200.jpg

Wii, anyone?

To add on to that, there rival: the 360.

It looks like putting only 256 MB ram in it was a bad choice. Cause now all the textures look...bad.

Then give a source..

They haven't announced anything as such before the Wii was announced with picture of the nunchunk.

I can't rmember it was months ago, they may not have announced it but that doesn't mean the Wii done it before them.

Anyway the PS3 will come good in about 210 because at that time X BOX 360 will be to crap and not enough disc space adn people will not think the Wii will be cool anymore.

I found the graphics rather disapointing, not as good as I hoped.

And here's a vid from Motor Storm. Ik know it's a bad quility flash vid, but you can clearly see it isn't as good as the trailers "actual gameplay" was.

And they are copycat's:

1174606200.jpg

Wii, anyone?

To add on to that, there rival: the 360.

It looks like putting only 256 MB ram in it was a bad choice. Cause now all the textures look...bad.

True. An amazing processor and 7-series graphics card do not make up for a low amount of RAM in any situation.

Then give a source..

They haven't announced anything as such before the Wii was announced with picture of the nunchunk.

I can't rmember it was months ago, they may not have announced it but that doesn't mean the Wii done it before them.

Anyway the PS3 will come good in about 210 because at that time X BOX 360 will be to crap and not enough disc space adn people will not think the Wii will be cool anymore.

2010? By then I'd hope to see the Xbox 540 or the next Nintendo console at least being announced.

You're purely a PS3 fanboy.

In the local paper it said that 30 people were lined outside EB Games in the morning to get a PS3 the had 50 there so they were alright i wonder how long it will take the to sell out. Also once the price of the PS3 go down quite a bit i think it will be alot more popular then the other two if they dont follow suit.

Edited by Jonker