Europe and Asia

Paul T.

That's certainly part of it, if you notice where they are split at Turkey, that is not far from Constantinople (ahem fall of the last Roman city to the muslims.) The rest is just a convinent line between the two types of civilisations. The classic european, heavily roman based on the left and the asian on the right. The point is it clearly defines two different types of cultures, and fairly accurately too. Omg, it's the same landmass! Well done, but it still is very different from East to West.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get that map from? It's not very accurate when it's missing out the UK, Republic of Ireland, and the vast majority of Scandinavia, all of which are in Europe, hell, most of them are in the EU.

Also looks like a few notable Asian countries left out.

I don't think there's a point to merging the two, and only when talking about the land as a whole is it suitable to refer to it as Eurasia IMO.

I think the main differences lie in the cultures. East and West, though the East is taking a lot from the West now, they're still radically different.

Europe has a mix of good and bad - Western Europe, compared to the (old) Eastern section of Europe, though that part is mainly heading in a much better direction now, so that's all good.

Asia on the other hand, has two notable communist countries, China and North Korea, and some of the countries (Viet Nam, Singapore) while incredibly awesome countries (especially the landscapes and buildings), also have very poor parts rife with poverty and even in the richer parts, piracy and other forms of theft are big.

I wonder if smartboy4 will ever return here, he was a Singaporean, he was a pretty cool member too.

I'm here :thumbsup: It's 2am over here, Singapore lol. I just installed vista got really bored with no softwares so i surfed around the net and well, i thought i pop by here to search for my nick and i'm not forgotten :D

And that photo is taken at the Merlion Park, right in front of The Fullerton Hotel in the background of the picture. It's located fairly in the CBD yeah Singapore is small, the more active attractions for foreigners are around here anyway.

Is that photo taken by you Jace? You been to Singapore?

oh btw the Merlion Park is like my fav hang out place during the night, with my chick yea baby. Oh it's facing the sea :)

The quiet night is just beautiful, along with a night club (the building in the middle with a lot of glass shades) A lot caucasians are there.

p/s : woah im in the elite *evil* Oh i miss Tom i see he's one of us

I visit the airport sometimes it's just like 30 mins train ride from my area. It takes at most 1hr from the furthest end anyway.

It's been awhile since i've taken a plane for a holiday trip, so i haven't got any chance to tour the departure and arrival hall yet but i will do so soon :)

Where do you live? Visit Singapore :)

Me?//

I live in India. :o

I've lived in that region for 2 years you know :)

In Brunei. Little country located on the island Borneo.

Yeah.I have heard about that Kingdom.Beautiful country.

One of the richest King of the world is of Brunei.

It is, yeah. Lot's of forest though.

You can't come to Brunei easely. It's just because of my dad's job we ended up there. Really nice. It had a park called "Jerudong Park". Or at least something like that. It was free untill the sultan got robbed by his own brother.

If I'm not mistaken, the sultan use to be the richest man in the world.

• 1 month later...

There are lot's of Christians in Asia too. It's not all Islam. Only the middle east is. Then you still have Boedism, Hinduism, Christianity and more.

But you're right. Culture is the main thing. I don't get what you mean with "tradition" though..

• 3 weeks later...
There are lot's of Christians in Asia too. It's not all Islam. Only the middle east is. Then you still have Boedism, Hinduism, Christianity and more.

But you're right. Culture is the main thing. I don't get what you mean with "tradition" though..

What is Boedism? :ph34r:

Haven't any of your heard of the middle east? That separates Asia and Europe as well, I think it has something to do with the sand.

Middle East mainly consists of Oil Producing Desert Countries like Oman,Muscat,Arabia And Iran Iraq.

• 3 weeks later...

What is Boedism? :ph34r:

Haven't any of your heard of the middle east? That separates Asia and Europe as well, I think it has something to do with the sand.

Middle East mainly consists of Oil Producing Desert Countries like Oman,Muscat,Arabia And Iran Iraq.

You forgot Qatar, one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world and almost the richest country in the world!

Just so you guys know where I live...

map2005.gif

1-gatar-uae.jpg

They also held the 2007 asian games, heres the tower. (sorry about all the pictures)

72703216.jpg