YouTube and Google Video BBcode tags

Chris

I have added a new custom BBcode to the forums which allows you to embed YouTube videos in your posts. I decided to add this simple code after a couple of requests to be able to use it, and the fact that many people (especially in the stunting forum) post links to youtube videos. Now you'll never have to leave the site to watch them!

The tag is fairly simple to use, but please read this before you head off posting and making a complete fool of yourself. If the URL to the video you want to post is www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RDswuSdpbE then you would post it using just the video ID (the code after v= ), so like this:

[youtube]6RDswuSdpbE[/youtube]

The above code will produce the following in your post:

UPDATE: I just added BBCode for embedding Google Videos into your posts, it works in a similar fashion to the YouTube tag...

So, if the video you want to post is located at video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7426072412397382971 then you would just use the following code

[gvideo]-7426072412397382971[/gvideo]

yes, just the number after docid=, and you need that - sign too.

That will produce this in your post:

If you post the whole URL in the tag it will not work and there will just be a blank space, that's for both youtube and google videos, so remember that when you go to use it. Enjoy.

Hey Chris, sometimes i add a youtube video but it doesn't show up in my post what's up with that

Thanks for it by the way

You have to add the Video code:

youtube.com/watch?v=dqYy-u6-22w

You add this code to the Youtube code:

dqYy-u6-22w

Now here is the code.

[youtube]dqYy-u6-22w[/youtube]

Now try it out...

Hey Chris, sometimes i add a youtube video but it doesn't show up in my post what's up with that

Thanks for it by the way

You're an ignorant tool, you should have actually read the topic, and even Tommy Montana was kind enough to explain it in his post above, again. You just made a complete ass of yourself - I was waiting for someone to do that. Idiot. :D

I'd also like something to add on about the Video Code:

Make sure that the owner allows the embed (Video Code) to be showed on the forum , because a error comes up showing this:

'The Owner of this video does not allow video embedding Please watch this video on Youtube.com'

The reason for this is because the Owner has disabled the Embedding, so really you can't watch it. So to make sure that if you don't want to end up with this little error again, look on the right hand side of the video clip, It will show EMBED So then you can copy the code at the end, if it shows this error:

erroroqh.bmp

This means that you cannot show the video on this site, or show the video embedding, make sure that you look at that FIRST, before you actually posted on the forum.

LOL Chris82: yeah this map is identicle on both sides HHHHHhMMHMHM so yeah: LOL back away from the Mic a bit

Yeah, GunGame maps are supposed to be identical on both sides. The GG mod is where players start with a glock and work their way up to an M249 machine gun by rushing and killing eachother.

And I was a fair distance from the mic!

Lawl.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I just added BBCode for embedding Google Videos into your posts, it works in a similar fashion to the YouTube tag...

So, if the video you want to post is located at video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7426072412397382971 then you would just use the following code

[gvideo]-7426072412397382971[/gvideo]

yes, just the number after docid=, and you need that - sign too.

That will produce this in your post: