Anyone want to buy my TV?

Chris

Unusual to see this sort of topic on a GTA forum yes, but I'm looking to buy myself a new TV... specifically, the one I recommended Ciaran last month, and it would help if I could sell my current one so I have some money to put towards the new one I want. So here are the all important details:

What I'm selling is my 17" Samsung SyncMaster 730MW Widescreen LCD, perfect for your bedroom or as a second TV somewhere in your house. It has got:

• Component cable inputs - for your Xbox 360
  • standard AV - for other consoles such as your PS2.
  • 1 scart socket
  • 1 RGB
  • 1 DVI - Get an HDMI to DVI cable and this will be great for your PS3
  • 1 S-Video
  • Brightness: 400cd
  • Contrast ratio: 500:1
  • Response time: 25ms.
  • FM Radio (not sure why you'd want radio on your TV but hey, something extra)

Basically everything you need for connecting all the devices you own, and as I've described above, it's possible to have all your consoles connected at once, so it's great if you're a console gamer, which I presume many of you are.

Here are a couple of pictures I took, one showing my 360 on it, the other showing my PS2 (the latter is an old, poor quality pic, sorry)

tv-and-360d43_th.jpg my_stuff1fj_th.jpg

I will ship to anywhere in the UK, possibly elsewhere if you really want it. At the moment I don't really have a price in mind, but feel free to make me an offer if you're serious about buying it. As a guideline, it retailed for around £300 before I owned it, so go lower than that obviously.

Now, a bit of trivia for you, this could be the factor that sways your decision to purchase it!

This TV, when you get it, you'll be able to boast that it was previously owned by two famous GTA webmasters!

That's right, 2 - Neil from GTAPSP used to own this before I bought it off him, now it's time for me to pass it on. So bear in mind, this TV has been handled by 2 legendary people in the past (or 1 if you don't count Neil as 'legendary' ;) )

Let me know if you're seriously interested, I don't really want to have to resort to selling this on ebay, it's a pain in the ass... and just ask if you wanna see more pics or have more details like the size and what not. Of course I still have the original box and all the manuals and stuff too.

XE.com for currency conversions. I'm looking for £175+ GBP - that's $337 USD or €256 EUR

Converting for your currency isn't really fair though, the UK has the strongest currency in the world so it's going to seem very expensive to you I would imagine. Try £150 and see how that works out, we can reach a compromise somewhere.

Picture quality is great but it depends on what you're comparing it to. If you compare the brightness and contrast ratio (higher the better) to your current TV then you'll see.

150.00 GBP = 219.537 EUR

Well LCD tv's of that size usually cost around 400 EUR. So it's a good deal.

The only thing is, I'm currently saving up some extra cash (I don't like taking money out of my own "reserves") for a E6700 CPU and a 8800 GTX. That's already going to be a heck of a lot money. But I also really need my own TV...

You know, if you can't sell it before I've saved up all the money, I guess it would be save for me to buy.

Why are all my post getting deleted?

EDIT: I posted in here yesterday and now the post is gone along with other post that I made in other topics...WTF.

It may of been a useless coment.

BTW how much is 125euro in america?(Sorry, not smart with that.)

Chris if you can't get anyone to buy it here. I suggest you sell it on Ebay because then you will 99.9% hava a buyer who will probably offer more that £125 .

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice TV. Shame i live in Australia. :pissedred:

Why? Just shipping costs or what?

What's so impossible about shipping a TV to Africa?

The costs, and I'm in a third world country, so lt'll probably get lost or more likely, stolen.

I see, to be honest I'm not particularly keen on shipping anything to any African country...

EDIT: Wow just checked your IP to see what country you're from... looks a pretty nice place actually, quite a popular tourist destination is it not?

Anyway, TV is still up for sale. And in fact it will be until I buy a new one, or sell it on ebay.