Post pics of your car

Sherman

Well, the point of this topic... there really is no point. I have no idea why I'm making this topic... but i'm a bit bored.. so here it goes..

NEW RULES UPDATE

Thanks to immature members posting pics they found on Google Images, we've had to add the following rules to this topic:

• The car in the picture must be owned by you (or someone in your family at least)
  • You must NOT use Google Images or any other car website to post pictures of you car - we can't tell if you're serious or not
  • Only do the above if you're genuinely unable to provide any actual photos you've taken yourself and want to post here. Immature/unrealistic posts will be deleted

My car:

camaroback.jpg

The only pic I have at the moment... just got new back tires. Could've gone a little bit wider IMO, but it's my Mom's (yeah.. I want it though..) and the fronts a bit beat.. but yeah. There's.... some of it. Haha.

1992 Chevrolet Camaro.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car.

Since I live in Australia, alot of overseas people wont know what this is.

Well it's a 1986 Holden VL Commodore. It actually has a Nissan R31 Skyline engine/drivetrain and the body is designed from a Opel.

p62201549gv.jpg

The wheels are identical to the Pontiac GTO's, but over here are off the VY SS Commodore.

Edited by MVC

Yeah man, it's pretty stock. Only has ignition leads and a K & N air filter.

This is a 5 speed manual (Hard to find) and for something that's only about 150HP from a non-turbo 3.0L 6 Cylinder engine, it does surprisenly go pretty fast.

In Turbo form, these babies are running low 8 second 1/4 miles at the drag strip.

Oh, I see. Thought you had some coilovers or something on it too. Being an RS Model, it only presses out 170HP and 225TQ stock (Not sure if that's to the wheels or crank or what..) But it's my Mom's, so I suppose she really doesn't need anymore power than that. :P

My driving instructor (Mr. Greene) about went insane when I told him that's the car I'll be learning on. Lol. The car I drove in his class was an 03 - 04 Dodge Neon, which was... so. slow. Got about 10 months till I can get my license though.. I'd say insurance will be worse by then.

My car.

Well it's a 1986 Holden VL Commodore. It actually has a Nissan R31 Skyline engine/drivetrain and the body is designed from a Opel.

p62201549gv.jpg

The wheels are identical to the Pontiac GTO's, but over here are off the VY SS Commodore.

Nice ride. I know exactly what a VL is, See them down Chapel Street lol.

My car.

p62201549gv.jpg

Hahahaha.

This one doesn't make that stupid noise like alot do, because it isn't turboed.

Edited by MVC

My car.

p62201549gv.jpg

Hahahaha.

Real cars dont sneeze lol.

My car.

p62201549gv.jpg

Hahahaha.

Real cars dont sneeze lol.

Yeah they rumble the ground. Hehehehe

I'm a big V8 fan, but what's better than a V8? A supercharged V8 or Turboed V8. :worship::thumbsup:

V8s sound good... but the new V6s are getting way better numbers than they used to. BTW, mvc... usually you can get some sort of BOV (the sound that annoys you) cap thing. One which will make it sound like you don't have one, though I'm not sure at all how that works.

Conventional BOVs don't bother me, but man you need to come to Australia and listen to some of the sounds that come out of VL Turbos lol. They calling it "dosing".

Here's a video of one. You can see why I think it's annoying. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skY4fWNP5pI

Yeah V6s are getting more powerful. They're making more power than some V8s of about 5-10 years ago.

Edited by MVC

Yeah, the V6 of nowadays are catching up to the V8s of 10 years ago. Not surprising though. A simple cast iron v8 isn't going to be able to put out as much power per cubic inch as an aluminum DOHC V6 with variable valve timing. And now that we can get power out of v6 engines, v8s aren't really needed much anymore. Although, I'd rather have a slightly underpowered v8 that is much simpler than a complex v6. More to go wrong with the more complex engine.

I would still take a V8 over a V6 anyway. I just love V8s and it doesn't bother me that there are cars, that are more powerful.

One thing they can't touch, is that lovely V8 sound. No 6 Cylinder or 4 Cylinder can come close.

Big block Chevs and Fords are some of the sweetest sounding V8s ever, but as for modern V8s the Germans have really got it together. Audi and Merc V8s Mmmmmm

Edited by MVC

A neighbor where we used to live had an Audi with a v8. I didn't like the sound of it that much. Ford's Mod V8 (triton 5.4 and 4.6 and 5.0cammer ... not to be confused with the old 302 or 5.0) are the best new sounding v8s.

Kinda of unrelated, but the 3.0OHV V6 in my car is essentially a 5.0v8 with 2 cylinders chopped off and smaller displacement.

My car.

p62201549gv.jpg

Man I know exactly what ya talking about . Holdens Greatest Car Ever(Except a F250)We used to have one of those cars but my dad's a pisshead so you can imagine what happened to it but yeah they are awesome cars now i have a 86 nissan pintara for hooning around my estate coz i kinder live in a rural area with like 500 people so yeah they don't care :thumbsup::thumbsup:

and remeber

DRINKING KILLS DRIVING SKILLS

Edited by Wu-Zi-Mu

My car.

p62201549gv.jpg

Man I know exactly what ya talking about . Holdens Greatest Car Ever(Except a F250)We used to have one of those cars but my dad's a pisshead so you can imagine what happened to it but yeah they are awesome cars now i have a 86 nissan pintara for hooning around my estate coz i kinder live in a rural area with like 500 people so yeah they don't care :thumbsup::thumbsup:

and remeber

DRINKING KILLS DRIVING SKILLS

You are so right, Holdens are the Greatest Car.